EKT

Any experience with interviews in Auckland?

521 posts in this topic

Hi, just wondering if anyone has recent experience with timeframes for IR-1 interviews at the US Consulate in Auckland. Our first NVC submission was April 30th and we resubmitted two documents on June 8th (everything else was accepted). We were hoping to hear back last week but of course NVC processing has slowed down recently. I would be very interested to hear about any recent Auckland timelines - how long after DQ an interview date was received and how far in advance the interviews in Auckland are being booked right now. The website say 30 days for non-immigrant visa interviews but I can't find any info about immigrant visas. Thanks in advance.

Bumping this once just in case someone out there has an answer! Auckland seems to be running pretty smoothly but would love to get an idea if we're talking weeks or months of waiting for an interview post DQ.

• 2 weeks later...

Just keeping this alive for anyone who comes after us to find! We received our DQ email 2 weeks ago on July 27th and currently waiting for an interview date. There have only been a few Auckland IR-1/CR-1 cases on VJ this year but I know of a couple early July K-1s that waited at NVC for about 4 weeks before being sent the Consulate so hopefully it will be similar for us. I will update again when we get a date and anyone who is at NVC stage or waiting for an interview / recently interviewed in Auckland for IR-1/CR-1, feel free to post updates here to help everyone else survive the waiting game!

On 8/10/2021 at 11:38 AM, EKT said:

Just keeping this alive for anyone who comes after us to find! We received our DQ email 2 weeks ago on July 27th and currently waiting for an interview date. There have only been a few Auckland IR-1/CR-1 cases on VJ this year but I know of a couple early July K-1s that waited at NVC for about 4 weeks before being sent the Consulate so hopefully it will be similar for us. I will update again when we get a date and anyone who is at NVC stage or waiting for an interview / recently interviewed in Auckland for IR-1/CR-1, feel free to post updates here to help everyone else survive the waiting game!

Hey! So happy to be joining this thread now :)

I emailed the Auckland embassy yesterday asking how long it takes and this was the reply: 

I don’t have a time frame which the NVC schedules appointments. We give them available dates, and they fill them on our behalf. You can be assured that the NVC will schedule an appointment on the next available date provided.

Fingers crossed it’s soon for us though! 

29 minutes ago, MelanieR18 said:

Hey! So happy to be joining this thread now :)

I emailed the Auckland embassy yesterday asking how long it takes and this was the reply: 

I don’t have a time frame which the NVC schedules appointments. We give them available dates, and they fill them on our behalf. You can be assured that the NVC will schedule an appointment on the next available date provided.

Fingers crossed it’s soon for us though! 

Welcome!! I emailed them too and got a similar response 😂😂 They must get that question a lot. I thought about ringing NVC but their main recording specifically says “we can’t predict when interviews will be scheduled” so I decided it probably wasn’t worth waiting an hour+ on hold!

Hopefully we both manage to score September interviews. Would love to be there by Thanksgiving if not earlier!

On 8/11/2021 at 2:14 PM, EKT said:

Welcome!! I emailed them too and got a similar response 😂😂 They must get that question a lot. I thought about ringing NVC but their main recording specifically says “we can’t predict when interviews will be scheduled” so I decided it probably wasn’t worth waiting an hour+ on hold!

Hopefully we both manage to score September interviews. Would love to be there by Thanksgiving if not earlier!

Oh yea, they probably have that response saved by now :D

I'm in one of those Americans in NZ facebook groups, a girl posted that her partner was about to have his interview so I asked her how long it all took. She said that after they got DQ, their case took two weeks to be sent to the embassy and then the interview was booked for three weeks after that. Surely we can't to too far behind, we're hoping to be there for Thanksgiving too! :)

8 hours ago, MelanieR18 said:

I'm in one of those Americans in NZ facebook groups, a girl posted that her partner was about to have his interview so I asked her how long it all took. She said that after they got DQ, their case took two weeks to be sent to the embassy and then the interview was booked for three weeks after that. Surely we can't to too far behind, we're hoping to be there for Thanksgiving too! :)

That sounds promising! They must have been DQ early July. I'm not sure where I read this but I think they send out interview letters once a month for Auckland so hopefully that will happen in the next week or two since we were DQ July 27. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 8/10/2021 at 2:38 AM, EKT said:

How long did the process of approving the documents of the NVC take?

8 hours ago, MARYN said:

How long did the process of approving the documents of the NVC take?

It took us about 3 months in total. Five weeks wait for the first review, then we had a few documents to resubmit and an 8 week wait to review those. There is a huge range for people getting DQ but it pays to double check everything to avoid resubmissions.

On 8/15/2021 at 7:06 PM, EKT said:

It took us about 3 months in total. Five weeks wait for the first review, then we had a few documents to resubmit and an 8 week wait to review those. There is a huge range for people getting DQ but it pays to double check everything to avoid resubmissions.

Hate calling NVC... calling again lol

I saw someone get "Ready" status in few days after approval of their expedite.

Any luck in your country, since no backlog?

Send IV Package : 2021-03-28

2 hours ago, Israth said:

Hate calling NVC... calling again lol

I saw someone get "Ready" status in few days after approval of their expedite.

Any luck in your country, since no backlog?

Good luck with your call. It was looking promising until New Zealand went into lock down last night! All interviews cancelled for at least the next week and probably longer so that will no doubt push things back for us.

😭😭😭

The Government of New Zealand has announced that all of New Zealand has moved to COVID Alert Level 4  at 2359 on TuesdayAugust 17th.  Auckland and the Coromandel Peninsula will stay in Alert Level 4 for seven (7) days, while the rest of the country will be at Alert Level 4 for three (3) days. For detailed information about the New Zealand government response to COVID-19, please visit https://covid19.govt.nz/  

The U.S. Consulate General in Auckland operates under safety measures as outlined by the Government of New Zealand. Given the announcement, all appointments for the next week, through Tuesday, August 24, have been cancelled. U.S. citizen and visa services will resume once we return to Alert Level 1 or 2. 

13 minutes ago, EKT said:

Good luck with your call. It was looking promising until New Zealand went into lock down last night! All interviews cancelled for at least the next week and probably longer so that will no doubt push things back for us.

Damn it. Bangladesh been in lockdown for 2 months. That's where the backlog is coming from lol. People from June still doesn't have interview yet, but will have soon.

The rep told me he sees I have expedite request, but embassy didn't request my file yet... idk what the heck that means... emailing embassy no help they say file with nvc still. But he did say he will have someone look at my files. No idea how long that will take.

On 8/18/2021 at 9:56 AM, EKT said:

😭😭😭

The Government of New Zealand has announced that all of New Zealand has moved to COVID Alert Level 4  at 2359 on TuesdayAugust 17th.  Auckland and the Coromandel Peninsula will stay in Alert Level 4 for seven (7) days, while the rest of the country will be at Alert Level 4 for three (3) days. For detailed information about the New Zealand government response to COVID-19, please visit https://covid19.govt.nz/  

The U.S. Consulate General in Auckland operates under safety measures as outlined by the Government of New Zealand. Given the announcement, all appointments for the next week, through Tuesday, August 24, have been cancelled. U.S. citizen and visa services will resume once we return to Alert Level 1 or 2. 

I'm so sad about this lockdown!! Fingers crossed it doesn't last long. 

Does your case status say sent to the embassy yet or is it still at NVC? Mine is still at NVC, hopefully they are still sending the cases across even though we are now in lockdown. 

7 hours ago, MelanieR18 said:

I'm so sad about this lockdown!! Fingers crossed it doesn't last long. 

Does your case status say sent to the embassy yet or is it still at NVC? Mine is still at NVC, hopefully they are still sending the cases across even though we are now in lockdown. 

Based on my conversation with them. They don't send case unless embassy has interview slots... i.e they request more files to be transferred.

So in Bangladesh, they almost finished with all reschedule of interviews form April 4 - June 4... so now they will start with new cases from whatever time they stopped receiving new cases... I'd assume sometimes from April/May. Sooo long wait for regular cases.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.