JobbinsKnobbins

US Embassy in Paris K1/CR1

211 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 1/18/2022 at 7:12 PM, SeanSee said:

Does anyone know how long does administrative processing take for US embassy in Paris? 

Bumping. Might need to take K1 interview in Paris. Any recent info? Thank you.

On 3/8/2022 at 3:21 PM, SeanLeaman said:

Can someone please tell us what was the time between them getting the email from the NVC to wait for an interview date until getting an actual interview date at the Paris embassy??

It actually took about 2 months for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Bumping again.

Could someone please walk me through the process of getting K1 in Paris? I'm a Ukrainian citizen currently residing here bc of the war, 90% I will have to have the interview in France.

From what I understand, it's not a self-scheduling embassy and you will be assigned a date? Is there a possibility to expedite on embassy level?

How did the medical go for you guys? Anything to know beforehand?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hi I’m from Portugal currently waiting for an interview for k1 in Paris 
I got my noa2 April 7 2022 and the case was ready at nvc May 12 2022 
Haven’t heard nothing since
Is anyone else also waiting for an interview from Paris? People who interviews in the Paris embassy how long did it took you from nvc to interview 
Also did you schedule it yourself or did the embassy scheduled it for you cause I called the embassy today and they told me to schedule it myself at the  https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-fr/iv/ website 

thank you 

• 2 months later...

Hi All -- Are there any updated timelines (May 2022 to current, the last 3 mos) for the K1 interview schedule out of Paris? 

Has anyone had success with their case moving from NVC to the embassy since Spring? It's been three month since we received the NOA2 and 1 month since NVC sent our application to the embassy -- Just wondering if anyone has had a positive outcome?

Timeline
On 6/21/2022 at 12:19 PM, wad12 said:

Hi I’m from Portugal currently waiting for an interview for k1 in Paris 
I got my noa2 April 7 2022 and the case was ready at nvc May 12 2022 
Haven’t heard nothing since
Is anyone else also waiting for an interview from Paris? People who interviews in the Paris embassy how long did it took you from nvc to interview 
Also did you schedule it yourself or did the embassy scheduled it for you cause I called the embassy today and they told me to schedule it myself at the  https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-fr/iv/ website 

thank you 

Just seeing this, did you get your interview? 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/15/2022 at 11:01 PM, FilledesEtoiles said:

Just seeing this, did you get your interview? 

September 28 and picked up my visa September 29 at the embassy :)

• 11 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello all,

We are interviewing in Paris and live with residence in Portugal. Upon looking on the website for approved medical practitioners in Portugal it says there are 2 however the website only lists the individual in Azores, not the one in Lisbon anymore. I called the French Embassy and they helped me not at all. I also called the Dr in Azores and he also wasn't sure.

Basically, does anyone have the contact of the Dr. in Lisbon that used to be on the website? I'd like to call them and see if they are still approved and if this is just an error on the website.

Thank you to any information!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Christian And Van said:

Hello all,

We are interviewing in Paris and live with residence in Portugal. Upon looking on the website for approved medical practitioners in Portugal it says there are 2 however the website only lists the individual in Azores, not the one in Lisbon anymore. I called the French Embassy and they helped me not at all. I also called the Dr in Azores and he also wasn't sure.

Basically, does anyone have the contact of the Dr. in Lisbon that used to be on the website? I'd like to call them and see if they are still approved and if this is just an error on the website.

Thank you to any information!

That sucks to hear! I hope it's just a mistake and you don't actually have to fly to Azores...

The doctor I met with in Lisbon was Marta Monteiro at Clínica Campo Grande - Hospital St Louis. The email is clinica@hslouis.pt and their phone number is 210405500.

I don't have the doctor's contact information because we did everything through the clinic's scheduling system. I'd give them a call to ask if the doctor is still working there and is still approved by the embassy.

If that doesn't work, maybe contact the US Embassy in Lisbon as a last resort? Good luck.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ritac23 said:

That sucks to hear! I hope it's just a mistake and you don't actually have to fly to Azores...

The doctor I met with in Lisbon was Marta Monteiro at Clínica Campo Grande - Hospital St Louis. The email is clinica@hslouis.pt and their phone number is 210405500.

I don't have the doctor's contact information because we did everything through the clinic's scheduling system. I'd give them a call to ask if the doctor is still working there and is still approved by the embassy.

If that doesn't work, maybe contact the US Embassy in Lisbon as a last resort? Good luck.

Thank you so very much Rita! I really hope its the case its a mistake, or it will be ridiculous that you can't do an interview nor even get a medical exam in the country's capital city.

I'll update what I find here to anyone else in Portugal that may end up seeing this

Timeline
1 minute ago, Christian And Van said:

Thank you so very much Rita! I really hope its the case its a mistake, or it will be ridiculous that you can't do an interview nor even get a medical exam in the country's capital city.

I'll update what I find here to anyone else in Portugal that may end up seeing this

For what it's worth, I remember when I was trying to book my appointment that someone else from Portugal told me they had their exam done in France. I think because the Portuguese doctor couldn't see them quickly enough. So there may be that option, which could save you a trip (since you have to do the interview in Paris)...

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ritac23 said:

For what it's worth, I remember when I was trying to book my appointment that someone else from Portugal told me they had their exam done in France. I think because the Portuguese doctor couldn't see them quickly enough. So there may be that option, which could save you a trip (since you have to do the interview in Paris)...

Thanks for the info - yeah I had read of someone that went to Paris for it and said that the medical exam there happens in 2 stages instead of 1. That is what we will do if Lisbon really doesn't have the exam anymore.

It is just frustrating since we live 20 minutes away from Sete Rios (US consulate Lisbon) and 30mins away from Campo Grande (Medical Exam) ahaha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.