JobbinsKnobbins

US Embassy in Paris K1/CR1

211 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
On 11/24/2021 at 7:21 PM, MagicGoose said:

Does anyone has experience with rescheduling an immigrant visa appointment? We tried online, the system would not allow it. I have seen on the forum other users, having difficulties to reach the 

immigrant visa unit for rescheduling. Please feel free to share your recent experiences. Thank you

My advice is: don't do it. I waited 6 months for my rescheduling. Unless you ABSOLUTELY can't attend, I would do my best to show up. You never know with covid and what can happen this winter...

Here's how I did it: Emailed them to reschedule and they sent me a new date 6 months later.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi all. As Rita said I would not even in a split second try to reschedule my interview given by the Embassy. 

You never know what's gonna happen real soon with covid and else. 

They give you a date , get it , show up.

Some of us suffer definitely a lot due to the hard period of covid and it's a little infuriating to read that you may not attempt or can't be there when it's timed.

Those Consular agent reset the clock for us and the basic is If you want your interview to be finalized well you follow their instructions period otherwise good luck.

Be all safe and get in the line thanks.

PDC

Hey guys thanks for the answer. It seems there is a complete different wait time between immigrant and non immigrant visas. It was fast to get an immigrant interview on our side at this particular consular post,  so I would not imagine there is a wait time of over six months to reschedule for a non immigrant visa in another case. 

It s not about "get in line". We re done the line in our category. The question is purely a technical one and i would not ask if i would not have a valid reason to do so which i am not here to discuss. We re gathering informations before taking a decision and that is the goal of the forum.

Thanks again

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I guess I am confused, immigrant or not immigrant are not in the same category  as for the K1 visa..if you got very deeply lucky to get a fast interview for your application just jump on it. If you are on NON immigrant visa category it's another story.  Wish you the best, I am trying to not getting frustrated here but after 2 years of waiting reading some guys that would like to reschedule their interview just give me Goose bumps.

Super best

PDC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

I am one of the people who had trouble rescheduling. We got our original date within 2 weeks of our case arriving at the consulate, but it took many months to get a new date. By not using our original date, we were pushed to "the back of the line" it seems -- applicants whose cases arrived at the consulate months after ours got interview dates before us. The main issue that I and others here had was that the the only email contact capable of giving a new date was (still is?) extremely unresponsive. K-1 reschedules cannot be done over the phone or through an online portal.  

Despite being officially classified as non-immigrant, K-1s are treated as immigrant visas (applicants are told to contact the same email (ParisIVPending) as Immigrant visas, the CEAC tracker requires using the "immigrant" vs "non-immigrant" portal, etc.)... the classification gets a bit tricky.

We are together now in the US and getting married in 2 days so everything worked out in the end, but if we could go back in time we would've forced our original interview date to work. Rescheduling was probably the worst part of the visa process for us.

Edit: I believe the rescheduling issue would be the same for the CR-1, as I was told that K-1s are treated as immigrant visas when it comes to interviews by more than one embassy employee.

Edited by neto-66

Timeline
On 10/27/2021 at 12:17 PM, ritac23 said:

Not sure if this will help. I picked up my birth certificate from the Registo Civil at Campus da Justiça (Building J) without an appointment. It's mostly in Portuguese but there's a translation key on the back. Then, I walked to building E to get it apostilled, also without needing an appointment. Did you fiancé get the birth certificate translated by a translation company and then notarize that copy? If not, then he can get his birth certificate without an appointment (despite what the security people may tell you at the entrance to the Registo Civil). He can show up, give his name to the security workers, and wait (I waited around 2 hours on a Monday morning).

Rita, I was able to get my birth certificate last week in Campus da Justiça and paid 20 EUR as I requested the international version, they also informed me that I needed to go to building E to get it apostilled, but mine has no english key. It was super late and they were close to closing so they didn't spend much more time with me, strongly directing me to get a translationa and apostille in building E the following date. I'm actually worried I ended up paying 20 EUR for the wrong version of the certificate // haven't had the chance to go back there yet since I work all week...

Timeline
Just now, dianacorreia said:

Rita, I was able to get my birth certificate last week in Campus da Justiça and paid 20 EUR as I requested the international version, they also informed me that I needed to go to building E to get it apostilled, but mine has no english key. It was super late and they were close to closing so they didn't spend much more time with me, strongly directing me to get a translationa and apostille in building E the following date. I'm actually worried I ended up paying 20 EUR for the wrong version of the certificate // haven't had the chance to go back there yet since I work all week...

Did you tell them what the birth certificate was for? I know they issue two versions, only one of them costs 20EUR (and that's what I got). Have you checked the back? It'll be a table with lots of languages, not just English. Easy to miss.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 8:46 PM, MagicGoose said:

Just to give some feedback. Rescheduling our immigrant visa appointment was as straightforward process. Embassy was  very helpful and rescheduled us the day after our original slot. Date given was on the particular week we requested next year.

I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you. 

My wife is still at NVC. Getting documents ready and such. I'm curious to know how long you had to wait for an interview after the NVC approved your documents. Would you mind telling me? 

Best of luck!

23 minutes ago, Zin-Zin said:

I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you. 

My wife is still at NVC. Getting documents ready and such. I'm curious to know how long you had to wait for an interview after the NVC approved your documents. Would you mind telling me? 

Best of luck!

Hello,

I’ll send you a private message

Timeline
On 8/4/2021 at 11:03 AM, Catarina&Brendan said:

My visa package is already on it's way to my house! Finally!

Yesterday I received an email from the US embassy in Paris saying that my visa left their office and I should receive it within the coming three days.

It seems that they are making progress.

Hey, 

Thank you for sharing your sitiuation and the overall timeline, it really helps. 

Can I ask, was this email an automated email? Is it standard or you got that info by exchanging emails with the staff? 

Ty, 

Diana 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.