medic5678

10 year Green Card

16 posts in this topic

Like everyone else, my wife has hooked up with several other couples from her home country (Thailand) going through this same process.   All had their two year Green Cards, now 2 of her friends have 10 year Green Cards.  One of them had to go to an interview in Jacksonville, FL.  The other?  The Green Card just came in the mail, no interview at all.   I have a friend at work from Peru.  He's telling me a lot of people are getting 10 year Green Cards without an interview.   Just wondering what the experience is here?  We filed for the 10 year Green Card last August.  I enclosed exhaustive documentation, including the papers where I adopted her daughter.  We've heard *nothing* except crickets!  Hoping for a Green Card just to come in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

We have been seeing more ROCs being approved without an interview.  I am not sure anyone knows exactly what USCIS is using as the criteria although there is a guidance linked below.  Some think it may have something to do with if you had an AOS interview with no red flags, or maybe it depends on the amount of evidence submitted with the I751.  In our case, we had both an AOS and an ROC interview, but in my opinion our ROC interview was perfunctory as it lasted less than 5 minutes and was done just prior to my wife's N400 interview.  Anyway, yes, there are those that do not have interviews for ROC.  

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-revises-interview-waiver-guidance-for-form-i-751

Edited by Dashinka

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, medic5678 said:

I have adopted my wife's daughter.   I don't see how they can argue that we are not a legitimate family.

Did you have an adjustment of status Interview? What kind of visa did you enter the states with? What Service center is your case assigned to? Knowing this info could answer some of your questions.

26 minutes ago, Bob in Boston said:

Did you have an adjustment of status Interview? What kind of visa did you enter the states with? What Service center is your case assigned to? Knowing this info could answer some of your questions.

Wife came in on a K-1, daughter K-2.   Yes, we had an interview for 2 year Green Card.   It went terribly at first, they were scolding me for not bringing a Thai interpreter.  Then my little girl hopped into my lap and hugged me.   That was all it took.  The lady starting stamping forms and we were out of there in 5 more minutes.   We went to Jacksonville.   Just before the 2 year Green Card expired, I adopted my daughter then applied for my wife's 10 year Green Card.  She got a letter extending her existing Green Card for 18 months, and we've heard nothing at all in almost a year.  My daughter became a citizen when she was adopted.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

You are unlikely to get an interview since you had an interview for AOS with uscis, also if your case was assigned to a USCIS service center and not the National Benefits Center you are also on track not to be interviewed.

You can also tell if your case was assigned to an USCIS service center by the 3 letter code at the start of your receipt number. Below are the codes for the USCIS service centers assigned to each...

CSC - California Service Center

EAC - Vermont Service Center

LIN - Nebraska Service Center

NSC - Nebraska Service Center

SRC - Texas Service Center

TSC - Texas Service Center

VSC - Vermont Service Center

WAC - California Service Center

YSC - Potomac Service Center

If your case was assigned to the National Benefits Center you are likely to have an ROC interview.The NBC holds cases before they are sent to the USCIS local office for an interview. NOA codes for NBC...

MSC - National Benefits Center

NBC - National Benefits Center

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

2 hours ago, medic5678 said:

we've heard nothing at all in almost a year. 

My Service center was vermont, EAC was the start of the case #. Whats yours? Took me 10.5 months out of vermont.  all that time I didnt hear anything then one day I got an e-mail

15 hours ago, medic5678 said:

Like everyone else, my wife has hooked up with several other couples from her home country (Thailand) going through this same process.   All had their two year Green Cards, now 2 of her friends have 10 year Green Cards.  One of them had to go to an interview in Jacksonville, FL.  The other?  The Green Card just came in the mail, no interview at all.   I have a friend at work from Peru.  He's telling me a lot of people are getting 10 year Green Cards without an interview.   Just wondering what the experience is here?  We filed for the 10 year Green Card last August.  I enclosed exhaustive documentation, including the papers where I adopted her daughter.  We've heard *nothing* except crickets!  Hoping for a Green Card just to come in the mail.

Which service center are you dealing with? There are posts on all the service centers and the speed they are moving with processing applications. Some are moving quickly while others are barely moving at all.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I filed my ROC last August too, service center is Potomac. All I got was a letter that they use my previous biometrics for this case as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

It all depends…and all you can do is wait. I entered the US on a CR1 so I never got interviewed in the US and upon responding to my RFE they just approved me, even though on my RFE they said I needed to go for an interview 🤷🏽‍♀️ My service center was MSC and that center is known to not skip interviews, but like everyone says every case is different. Good luck to you guys 

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

3 hours ago, medic5678 said:

Our code starts with YSC.  Looks like we might get to skip the interview.  

Processing time for Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (I-751) at Potomac Service Center

Estimated time range
20Months to  22 Months

2 hours ago, Bob in Boston said:

Processing time for Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (I-751) at Potomac Service Center

Estimated time range
20Months to  22 Months

Bob, you mean 20 months from when we filed the form for a 10 year Green Card?   Will they send a second letter extending her old Green Card?  The extension they sent us was for 18 months.

5 minutes ago, medic5678 said:

Bob, you mean 20 months from when we filed the form for a 10 year Green Card?   Will they send a second letter extending her old Green Card?  The extension they sent us was for 18 months.

I suspect that things will pick up by next quarter and the processing times may get better.

If the extension letter expires, then you would call USCIS and request an appointment to get the I-551 stamp. It is usually good for 1 year. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/14/2021 at 3:48 AM, Dashinka said:

We have been seeing more ROCs being approved without an interview.  I am not sure anyone knows exactly what USCIS is using as the criteria although there is a guidance linked below.  Some think it may have something to do with if you had an AOS interview with no red flags, or maybe it depends on the amount of evidence submitted with the I751.  In our case, we had both an AOS and an ROC interview, but in my opinion our ROC interview was perfunctory as it lasted less than 5 minutes and was done just prior to my wife's N400 interview.  Anyway, yes, there are those that do not have interviews for ROC.  

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-revises-interview-waiver-guidance-for-form-i-751

Hi. May I ask what evidences did you submit? Thanks in advance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.