shkabaan

N-400 July 2021 Filers

263 posts in this topic

On 11/10/2021 at 12:29 PM, Ghm said:

Today i see my processing time has gone up from 8 months to 10 months. Its been a long wait already..

Has anyone else faced this issue of processing time going up? 

Same thing happened to me- 13-15 months but not accurate. My interview is scheduled for the 15th December so will have taken 5 months. Don't panic!

On 11/19/2021 at 10:03 AM, Houstonapp said:

Same thing happened to me- 13-15 months but not accurate. My interview is scheduled for the 15th December so will have taken 5 months. Don't panic!

Thank you Houstonspp..cant wait to be done with the whole process

All the very best for the interview👍👍 please share your interview experience.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/6/2021 at 7:55 AM, DebbieRaney said:

Hi guys!

I just woke up to a text message from the USCIS saying action was taken. I got my interview scheduled for 11/24! Does anyone know if you can bring your spouse with you to the interview?

Thanks!

I had my interview today. The officer was pretty chilled. He asked me only 6 questions. I don't remember all of them but the ones I remember were:

- who was Susan B. Anthony?

- 2 holidays 

- how many years do we elect the president for?

- how many justices we have in the supreme court?

- What is the supreme law of the land?

He asked me a few questions about where I worked in the USA and about my life. Since he was the only officer there, i couldn't do the oath ceremony and they'll schedule it for another day.

Good luck everyone!

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, got approved at my interview today! 

Arrived on time for appt at 1:15pm. Columbus Field Office.

Took about 15 mins. IO asked for GC, DL, Passport, put me under oath asked when I got married, if still married, if my wife lives with me, asked me to describe what is oath of allegiance.

Tests:

Read: What do we pay to the government?

Write: We pay taxes.

Civic:

Q1: Who was the first president?

Q2: What does "rule of law" mean?

Q3: How many years does a Senator serve per term?

Q4: How many years does a President serve per term?

Q:5 Who is the command in chief of the military?

Q6: Name one Native American tribe.

Next, Yes/No questions.

We asked each other some small talk questions along the way and that was it. She gave me a sheet of paper that said she's approving the application and that Oath will be scheduled at a separate location and notice will be sent. She said if no questions, I'm good to go.

10 minutes after leaving: "Oath ceremony will be scheduled"

1 hour after leaving: "Oath ceremony notice was mailed"

Updated my timeline and 'signature' for more info.

Best of luck to everyone!

AOS:

05/23/2018:     Sent in all four forms.

10/10/2018:     Interview at Detroit Field Office - Green Card Approved.

11/10/2018:     Green Card Received (Starting CPR 10/15/2018)

ROC:

07/24/2020:     Packet sent.

03/25/2021:     ROC Approved

03/29/2021:     Green Card Received

N-400:

07/17/2021:     Online Submission. NOA and Bio Reused 07/17.
10/20/2021:     Interview Scheduled for 12/03

01/12/2022:     Oath Ceremony

On 12/3/2021 at 11:41 PM, shkabaan said:

Hey guys, got approved at my interview today! 

Arrived on time for appt at 1:15pm. Columbus Field Office.

Took about 15 mins. IO asked for GC, DL, Passport, put me under oath asked when I got married, if still married, if my wife lives with me, asked me to describe what is oath of allegiance.

Tests:

Read: What do we pay to the government?

Write: We pay taxes.

Civic:

Q1: Who was the first president?

Q2: What does "rule of law" mean?

Q3: How many years does a Senator serve per term?

Q4: How many years does a President serve per term?

Q:5 Who is the command in chief of the military?

Q6: Name one Native American tribe.

Next, Yes/No questions.

We asked each other some small talk questions along the way and that was it. She gave me a sheet of paper that said she's approving the application and that Oath will be scheduled at a separate location and notice will be sent. She said if no questions, I'm good to go.

10 minutes after leaving: "Oath ceremony will be scheduled"

1 hour after leaving: "Oath ceremony notice was mailed"

Updated my timeline and 'signature' for more info.

Best of luck to everyone!

Congratulations!!!

On 12/4/2021 at 4:01 PM, Creedence11 said:

Congrats to those who just got approved. It looks like Im the only July filer who hasn't heard anything since biometrics re-use. M local office St. Louis must be slow with the process. 

Same thing with me.. not heard anything since biometrics reuse. Washington DC filer. Lets hope for the best! 

15 hours ago, Ghm said:

Same thing with me.. not heard anything since biometrics reuse. Washington DC filer. Lets hope for the best! 

Same thing here. June filler Orlando office. I know this is July but I wanted to check also how is the processing times for other months. 

On 12/6/2021 at 12:18 AM, Ghm said:

Same here! Definitely not alone. Atlanta GA filer. Hope that 2022 will be our year 🤞

On 12/6/2021 at 3:29 PM, GilRivera said:

Same thing here. June filler Orlando office. I know this is July but I wanted to check also how is the processing times for other months. 

Orlando filer here too!

I'm still pending my ROC and applied for citizenship July 17th. 

No update :(

On 12/7/2021 at 6:16 PM, Rose_3001 said:

Same here! Definitely not alone. Atlanta GA filer. Hope that 2022 will be our year 🤞

We're in Atlanta too. Any update on your ROC?

We filed my wife's in August 2020 and our timeline is stuck on:

November 18, 2020 Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction
November 17, 2020 Your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was transferred to another office for processing.
October 2, 2020 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, were taken.
August 11, 2020 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

We filed for citizenship in Atlanta in July and our timeline is:

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS August 23, 2021
We scheduled you for a biometrics appointment July 31, 2021
We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice. July 28, 2021

Is yours about the same?

On 12/14/2021 at 8:22 PM, brentjbeaver said:

We're in Atlanta too. Any update on your ROC?

We filed my wife's in August 2020 and our timeline is stuck on:

We filed for citizenship in Atlanta in July and our timeline is:

Is yours about the same?

Sorry you've not had any update on ROC. My ROC was really quick, I applied end of July 2020 and had the 10-year GC in hand last December.

I filed for citizenship in Atlanta in July 2021 and have the same message as you – no updates since this one:

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

As of July 30, 2021, we are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxx. Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time. We will let you know if we need anything from you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Finally got my Interview scheduled for January 27th 2022 in Detroit field Office.

I have received my notification on the 20th of December.

I have applied online on July 26th 2021.

Removal of Conditions:

08/20/2020 (Day 0)   --- Sent the ROC package to Phoenix, Arizona lockbox through USPS
08/22/2020 (Day 2)   --- Confirmation from USPS that USCIS received the packet.

08/28/2020 (Day 😎  --- NOA1 notification through email and text for the ROC.

09/02/2020 (Day 13) --- Received I-797, 18 month extension letter with notice date as 08/27/2020. 😇

10/17/2020 (Day 58) --- Received Biometrics notification through email and text that finger prints were applied from AOS stage.😁

06/11/2021 (Day 295) --- New Card is produced :dance:

Naturalization & US passport:

07/26/2021 (Day 1) --- Applied the form N-400 online and got the receipt notice.

07/28/2021 (Day 3) --- Received Biometrics notification in USCIS online account that finger prints were reused.😁

12/20/2021 (Day 148) --- Received online notification that Interview is scheduled for 01/27/2022 at Detroit USCIS Field Office.:dance:

01/27/2022 (Day 186)   --- Interview was successful but not given out right approval due to A-file not being available.

04/07/2022 (Day 256) --- Received notification that I am in line for Oath ceremony and it will be scheduled :dance:

04/11/2022 (Day 260)   --- Received notification that Oath ceremony was scheduled and notice was mailed. :jest:

04/26/2022 (Day 275) --- Oath Ceremony.:jest: Became a US Citizen and received the Certificate of Naturalization. 🥰

05/11/2022 (Day 290) -- Applied for US passport at USPS.

05/18/2022 (Day 297) -- State Department site status says my Passport application is received and in progress and was given a locator number starting with 34.🤞

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/24/2021 at 11:21 AM, DebbieRaney said:

I had my interview today. The officer was pretty chilled. He asked me only 6 questions. I don't remember all of them but the ones I remember were:

- who was Susan B. Anthony?

- 2 holidays 

- how many years do we elect the president for?

- how many justices we have in the supreme court?

- What is the supreme law of the land?

He asked me a few questions about where I worked in the USA and about my life. Since he was the only officer there, i couldn't do the oath ceremony and they'll schedule it for another day.

Good luck everyone!

Got my oath ceremony letter in the mail last week! They scheduled for next Tuesday 01/11!

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.