Mezyan

EAD Expedite Request Timeline

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello! My husband received a job offer so we thought we would try for an expedite request. Our request was received on June 7th and we were told that within 5 business days we would know if they were requesting more information or denying it. We haven't heard anything. I've called into USCIS and checked the status online but still don't understand why it is taking longer. I can only assume Covid has slowed this down too, like everything else. Visa Journey always knows the answers, so I thought I'd ask here to confirm. 

Is anyone else also waiting for an expedite request? Or recently heard back from USCIS after submitting one? 

Thanks 😁 

2 hours ago, Mezyan said:

Hello! My husband received a job offer so we thought we would try for an expedite request. Our request was received on June 7th and we were told that within 5 business days we would know if they were requesting more information or denying it. We haven't heard anything. I've called into USCIS and checked the status online but still don't understand why it is taking longer. I can only assume Covid has slowed this down too, like everything else. Visa Journey always knows the answers, so I thought I'd ask here to confirm. 

Is anyone else also waiting for an expedite request? Or recently heard back from USCIS after submitting one? 

Thanks 😁 

That is still well within the normal timeframe for a decision on an expedite request.  The 5 days refers to them needing additional evidence, not a date by which to expect a decision.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

That is still well within the normal timeframe for a decision on an expedite request.  The 5 days refers to them needing additional evidence, not a date by which to expect a decision.

They never asked for additional evidence. I expected they would ask for the offer letter.  I guess they didn’t need it?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You're back! I remember your husband's trip cancelation fiasco and you getting mad on some posters. Anyway, hope he settled well.

Nonetheless, with COVID, not sure if USCIS really cares about expedites & I haven't seen any issued.  Currently timeframe for EAD/ AP is 8 months, i.e from the day you actually file papers to having the card in hand. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

16 minutes ago, Mezyan said:

They never asked for additional evidence. I expected they would ask for the offer letter.  I guess they didn’t need it?

You should have submitted any offer letter with the request, as that is entirely what the request is based on.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Presumably it was based on financial hardship

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
8 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

You should have submitted any offer letter with the request, as that is entirely what the request is based on.....

The request was made via phone, there was no way to submit any evidence then. Like you said the 5 days was for them to request evidence. So 🤷‍♀️

8 hours ago, Timona said:

You're back! I remember your husband's trip cancelation fiasco and you getting mad on some posters. Anyway, hope he settled well.

Nonetheless, with COVID, not sure if USCIS really cares about expedites & I haven't seen any issued.  Currently timeframe for EAD/ AP is 8 months, i.e from the day you actually file papers to having the card in hand. 

I never left! Yup, I certainly was fiery with some of my responses. He has settled well, thank you.  The current timeframe is actually closer to 10 months. 

54 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Presumably it was based on financial hardship

Yes it was. 

12 hours ago, Mezyan said:

@Mezyan sometimes the officer proceeds to approve it or deny without requesting any evidence. Sometimes they give you a fax number to submit the evidence. You will know soon enough. :) 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Timeline
1 hour ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

@Mezyan sometimes the officer proceeds to approve it or deny without requesting any evidence. Sometimes they give you a fax number to submit the evidence. You will know soon enough. :) 

Thank you! 

5 minutes ago, Mezyan said:

Thank you! 

You can always call again and offer to send them the evidence via fax. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/30/2021 at 6:28 PM, Mezyan said:

Thanks 😁 

Hi there.

Did they grant you the expedite? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, chancecody said:

Hi there.

Did they grant you the expedite? 

We had to wait to do biometrics. Did those last Friday, should find out their decision soon. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/23/2021 at 9:21 PM, Mezyan said:

We had to wait to do biometrics. Did those last Friday, should find out their decision soon. 

Hi Mezyan!

Could you please update us if you were successful with your expedite request after biometrics? I am in the same boat and interested in your outcome. Thanks!

On 7/24/2021 at 12:21 AM, Mezyan said:

I’m in the same boat too. Biometrics was taken mid July and expedited the next day. Still nothing. Was told within 7 days, it’s now been 27 days. @Mezyan what number did you call to expedite? Could you forward it to me? I’ve always used Emma but might try calling to see if it gets me anywhere. 

Timeline
On 8/14/2021 at 12:39 PM, chancecody said:

Hi Mezyan!

Could you please update us if you were successful with your expedite request after biometrics? I am in the same boat and interested in your outcome. Thanks!

After biometrics we called back to request biometrics again, it’s been more than the 7 days we were told, but it was more than the 7 days we were told before when they finally sent us notification we needed to complete biometrics first. I think they are just very backed up. I expect to wait a month again before we hear anything. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.