zozomike

CEAC still shows refused. (merged)

114 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Di & Si said:

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All - we are facing a similar issues with a 221g CR1 visa. From Nov 2021 - its been almost 3 months now without any update from the embassy. CEAC status still shows Refused. Case last updated Dec 21

Did any of your visa's get issued? 

We received an Embassy email response 12/20/21 that the Embassy was still waiting for proof of relationship, and Tax transcript. Bear in mind, 40 something pages of proofs were attached attached to the I-130, when filed, and originals were with my wife at the interview in February 2021. Three years transcripts were sent with the I-864. She also had these, but the officer declined to review, instead putting these requirements on a yellow paper which he gave her. So I immediately sent these to the embassy, and received confirmation of receipt. 

Anyway, I had sent an email in December requesting status, and received the reply (wow) noted above. So on 12/22/21 I sent all again electronically. And received a confirmation email. Then in mid January we received a phone request for hard copies of the above to be hand delivered to the Embassy, and also for Mary to pick up their passports and schedule another medical and police report. These have expired while waiting on the embassy.  Evidently the officers also  have issues with electronic communications. The very helpful Sri Lankan gentleman who seems now to be acting as liaison advised that the officer stated I needed a co-sponsor for financial reasons. I had also sent documentation of liquid ( stocks and bonds) of approximately 40 times the difference in the tax transcript income,  (which is only taxable income) and the requirements. I am retired and live primarily off investments, so not all my income is taxed. I suggested I send another explanation, he agreed, and I sent an email again documenting liquid investments, my actual income, and quoted the regulation for assets in lieu of income. He replied that he thanked me, and had printed my explanation and placed in the file for the officer. So the positive bit of all this is there is now someone in the embassy who is both helpful and kind, this should cheer other applicants. 

We await the completion and hand delivery of the now third Sri Lankan police report, and Asiri Hospitals submission of the now third medical report. 

• 1 month later...

FYI

We are still ghosted. I must depart Sri Lanka in early April, having tried for four months to shake this now two year old tree. We arraigned an internal contact through a local relative, and were told the problem with our visa was the American side, and should try for an office visit. Did so, no answer. Another suggested using the Immigration numbers the Colombo Embassy shows on the website (94 1124985/871 ) those ring to a full mailbox and the system does not allow connection to anything from there, (unless of course you have a mailbox on the system, i.e. an employee)

Has anyone had any luck by hiring an Immigration Attorney? 

Hi, I am lost.

I am US citizen, my wife a Sri Lankan. We Married 01/03/2020, and filed I-130 04/17/2020, documentarily approved and sent to embassy, interview 02/02/2021. At that time the CO refused to interact or review the originals sent, and wrote a request for information included with the I-130. I was back in US so Immediately sent electronically. Officer also requested a second police clearance from S. Korea where Mary had worked as a youth, even though just opening her passport would have shown she had never left after returning. The Additional documents were all provided, from my end electronically with return emails of receipt. Mary hand carried hers. Eight months went by no query's were replied to. Then the Embassy seemed to reopen and sent a request for tax transcripts, ( we sent 2 times before) and evidence of bonified relationship, ( we sent 40 pages two times before) I resent these immediately. and received confirmation. In Dec 2022 I was allowed to return to SL and of course tried to find out want the Embassy was doing. I received an email requiring we actually print the requested info and bring to the embassy. ( that's an all day event) we did) but nothing after that. I thought we were dealing with some CO who could not read, but in desperation we have now contacted some  internal staff, ( friends of relatives) and we are told that  they also do not understand why our case is not approved, but I should contact " the American side" Where I filed the petitions.....

Would that be NVC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Once the consulate has the case, they are in full control.  NVC no longer has any jurisdiction.  You could ask your Senator to make an inquiry.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Thank you for your kind reply. That is as I also understood.

Background, Mary and I first tried a fiancée visa with a consultant (to help with the paperwork only)  4 years ago. After that interview we were again left in the dark for 6 months ( no replies to my queries to the embassy)  and the consultant suggested my Senator. The Embassy did reply to the Senator, never me, and said they rejected us, and refused to say why, repeatedly. So lacking any other ideas we married and tried a spouse visa ourselves. We have been at this for 4 years thousands of hours and dollars and ....

We have no criminal  records, good income, property and credit, for pitys sake we are effing old, why is this so hard? 

It was a an embassy staffer ( no doubt native) who said we must contact "where we filed the paperwork"  Who said they in office also do not understand why our visa is stopped. I must return to US in a few weeks, ( 4 months here) and really hoped to take my wife and stepsons with me. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, zozomike said:

Thank you for your kind reply. That is as I also understood.

Background, Mary and I first tried a fiancée visa with a consultant (to help with the paperwork only)  4 years ago. After that interview we were again left in the dark for 6 months ( no replies to my queries to the embassy)  and the consultant suggested my Senator. The Embassy did reply to the Senator, never me, and said they rejected us, and refused to say why, repeatedly. So lacking any other ideas we married and tried a spouse visa ourselves. We have been at this for 4 years thousands of hours and dollars and ....

We have no criminal  records, good income, property and credit, for pitys sake we are effing old, why is this so hard? 

It was a an embassy staffer ( no doubt native) who said we must contact "where we filed the paperwork"  Who said they in office also do not understand why our visa is stopped. I must return to US in a few weeks, ( 4 months here) and really hoped to take my wife and stepsons with me. 

Another option is to sue the government.......expensive and risky.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What is CEAC status?

does it just say refused as that is only in AP for the extra security checks

or denied ?

that would be why they said check with USA office

26 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

What is CEAC status?

does it just say refused as that is only in AP for the extra security checks

or denied ?

that would be why they said check with USA office

Refused, last update 03/24/2022. Today. 

Still shows refused, last update was today, probably when someone in office was replying to my wife's email she sent a few days ago, asking about the visa. Someone did actually reply, and said "we understand the extended time, but are still waiting on clearances".

Whatever that could mean. All clearances have been furnished to them.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.