Purcari1984

AOS: no acknowledgement of receipt

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Hello all…..I’m slightly concerned as my wife entered the U.S. on a K-1 visa in January and our 90 timeline is up on April 28th (2 weeks).  We submitted our AOS package to the Chicago location by certified mail and it was delivered on April 4th.  In the form we included form G-1145 for e-mail notification as well as our check payment made out to the Dept. of Homeland Security.  10 days after delivery, we have yet to receive any notification of receipt (by e-mail or mail) and the check included has not been cashed.

I’ve read that there seem to be delays in the Chicago Lockbox processing center but do we have any reason for concern if the application is not acknowledged before our 90 day timeline expires?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Purcari1984 said:

Hello all…..I’m slightly concerned as my wife entered the U.S. on a K-1 visa in January and our 90 timeline is up on April 28th (2 weeks).  We submitted our AOS package to the Chicago location by certified mail and it was delivered on April 4th.  In the form we included form G-1145 for e-mail notification as well as our check payment made out to the Dept. of Homeland Security.  10 days after delivery, we have yet to receive any notification of receipt (by e-mail or mail) and the check included has not been cashed.

I’ve read that there seem to be delays in the Chicago Lockbox processing center but do we have any reason for concern if the application is not acknowledged before our 90 day timeline expires?

No reason,  nobody will come looking 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Nothing to worry about, there's no specific timeframe in which you need to file for AOS. You already filed anyway so it's no issue. Right now we see people waiting for 2 months, in some cases even 3 months to receive receipt/acceptance letters.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I've been keeping track of a few of our AoS timelines (in the Milligan group) and here is the latest:

AoS forms received by chicago" on March 15

Text notifications on April 7 (23 days)

Received the USPS I-797 April 13 (6 days later)

We are seeing a pretty consistent pattern with several of us.  (and to be clear, the timelines have quickened over the past two months, it was taking far longer than 23 days for January filers).

So if your Delivery date was April 4, you should expect to receive text notifications perhaps 23 days later or thereabouts, so April 27.  This is not precise of course, so don't worry if they don't show up that date.  But it gives you a rough idea of when to be on the watch for them.

And, as others have said, there is nothing to do if you don't get the I-797 or text prior to your visa expiration.  You sent your AoS package and have a delivery confirm (I presume), so try not to worry.

Edited by David and Anna

Threads like this should give you an idea which case batch is being received these days by USCIS. See last 2-3 pages.

Edited by justinedr

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.