ADAngel

Passport Photos required for I-751 Application? (And other General Questions)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey Guys! 

It's been a long time since I've posted anything here as things have been uneventful but now it's time for us to submit my husband's I-751! This is probably a silly question, I just want to make sure I'm not misinterpreting the instructions, and so far they've been required for every application. Do we need to submit passport photos with the I-751 application? Instructions imply that passport photos are only required for the "exception" that aren't providing a copy of the front and back of their green card. (I've attached a snip of the part of the instructions I'm referring to)

Also, on a separate note, so far these are the documents I've compiled for our application as evidence:

- Joint mortgage statement for April

- Joint bank statement

- Water bill from our township that has both of our names on it

- Paystubs for both of us (we work for the same employer so thought maybe that would be something?)

- Around 6-10 photos of us with my family, his family, and our friends, also a photo of us when we bought our house and our wedding rings from when we upgraded last year.

Is this too much? Not enough?

Last question! Are we applying too early or are we just right, maybe a bit late? His green card expires 8/29/2021 and with how long the other processes have taken I feel like I'm really behind! Did I wait too long or should I wait to submit our application?

Thanks in advance for any help! 😁

I-751 Question.PNG

💕 Our Love Story 💕

Met Online: December 18th, 2014

Met in Person: August 31st, 2016

Began Dating: October 28th, 2016

Moved in Together in the UK: August 21st, 2017

Filed I-129F: February 7th, 2018

NOA1 Received: February 14th, 2018 💗

He Officially Proposed: August 8th, 2018

NOA2 Received: August 14th, 2018 

NVC Received: August 31st, 2018

Consulate Received: September 21, 2018

Medical Exam (Knightsbridge): October 3rd, 2018

Interview Date (London): October 24th, 2018

K1 Visa Issued: November 21st, 2018

Passport Received: November 27th, 2018

POE (Detroit): December 2nd, 2018 💚

Applied for SSN: December 22nd, 2018

Married: January 17th, 2019 💕

SSN Received: January 25th, 2019

AOS Filed: February 8th 2019

AOS Received: February 14th 2019

Biometrics Appointment Received: April 12th, 2019

Biometrics Rescheduled: July 15th, 2019

Green Card Appointment: August 1st 2019

Green Card Approved: August 29th, 2019

Green Card Issued: September 30th, 2019

Filed I-751: July 8th, 2021

I-751 Received: July 12th, 2021

Biometrics Waived: September 9th, 2021

Updated Green Card Printed: January 31st, 2023

Petition for Removal of Conditions Approved: February 1st, 2023

10 Year Green Card Received: February 6th, 2023

55 minutes ago, ADAngel said:

Hey Guys! 

It's been a long time since I've posted anything here as things have been uneventful but now it's time for us to submit my husband's I-751! This is probably a silly question, I just want to make sure I'm not misinterpreting the instructions, and so far they've been required for every application. Do we need to submit passport photos with the I-751 application? Instructions imply that passport photos are only required for the "exception" that aren't providing a copy of the front and back of their green card. (I've attached a snip of the part of the instructions I'm referring to)

Also, on a separate note, so far these are the documents I've compiled for our application as evidence:

- Joint bank statement

- Paystubs for both of us (we work for the same employer so thought maybe that would be something?)

- Around 6-10 photos of us with my family, his family, and our friends, also a photo of us when we bought our house and our wedding rings from when we upgraded last year.

Last question! Are we applying too early or are we just right, maybe a bit late? His green card expires 8/29/2021 and with how long the other processes have taken I feel like I'm really behind! Did I wait too long or should I wait to submit our application?

I-751 Question.PNG

About your list I would add more things. Remember that you need to show everything that proves that your marriage are real, day 1 until now.

I would add more:

Do you share the same health insurance? Life insurance? Car lease? Credit card? Home title? Home insurance? 

Do not add just the last statement, you need more showing that you and your husband are together since some date.

Good luck 

Edited by Paula&Johnny

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
48 minutes ago, ADAngel said:

Hey Guys! 

- Joint bank statement

I-751 Question.PNG

If you have joint health Insurance or auto Insurance is also good to be attached. 

For I-751 you are allowed to send the documents within 90 days before the conditional greencard is expired. If the card is expired 8/29/2021. I think it will be safe for you to send the document around May 31st or June 1st. Because USCIS will return the documents if we submit it too early. Even if It's one day early. 

2 hours ago, ADAngel said:

Do we need to submit passport photos with the I-751 application? Instructions imply that passport photos are only required for the "exception" that aren't providing a copy of the front and back of their green card.

It's not about whether you submit a copy of your greencard (I'm pretty sure you always have to do that). You only need to attach passport photos if you are applying from outside the U.S.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

If you are in USA you don't need to attach a photos or fingerprint card, so no no passport photos needed

Provide IRS transcripts for each year of your marriage (Download from IRS site)

Provide joint banking statements for each month of your marriage (checking, saving, credit card)

Include copies of driver's licenses (or state IDs) of you and your spouse showing same home address

Include W2 and 1099 statements for each year during your marriage

Birth records of any children together with spouse

Joint lease agreements or joint mortgage during marriage

Joint travel tickets or itineraries during marriage

photos together on vacation or family events

Evidence of joint ownership of property (home or car)

Show you and your spouse if the beneficiary of insurance or 401k accounts

Joint health insurance

Provide evidence that covers the whole period of your marriage, the more relevant evidence the better, you could submit a 100 pages of evidence or even more pages is common.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, ADAngel said:

Do we need to submit passport photos with the I-751 application?

The photo is taken at biometrics. The exception is when someone is overseas in the military and won’t attend a biometrics appointment.

Your evidence needs dates going back the full two years, not just the latest statement. Do you have your first joint bank statement? Then some middle, and the most recent? Same for mortgage. 

Joint tax return or Married filing separately with spouses name listed.

Photocopy of both driver licenses side by side showing same address.  If you have previous address licenses and new home, even better. 

Joint auto insurance, not just most recent. Several from earliest to current.

Look around for anything with both names on it and older, middle and new dates.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
On 4/9/2021 at 2:50 AM, Wuozopo said:

The photo is taken at biometrics. The exception is when someone is overseas in the military and won’t attend a biometrics appointment.

Your evidence needs dates going back the full two years, not just the latest statement. Do you have your first joint bank statement? Then some middle, and the most recent? Same for mortgage. 

Joint tax return or Married filing separately with spouses name listed.

Photocopy of both driver licenses side by side showing same address.  If you have previous address licenses and new home, even better. 

Joint auto insurance, not just most recent. Several from earliest to current.

Look around for anything with both names on it and older, middle and new dates.

Thank you for the help! Bank statements and stuff like that are difficult since my credit union wouldn't allow us to add him to the account until we had his green card in hand, same with his drivers license/auto insurance. 

I'll definitely get our lease before we bought our house and joint tax returns from 2019/2020. Will probably include our lease from when we lived in the UK together as well. I'll try and dig up some other stuff too. 

💕 Our Love Story 💕

Timeline
On 4/9/2021 at 12:13 AM, Paula&Johnny said:

About your list I would add more things. Remember that you need to show everything that proves that your marriage are real, day 1 until now.

I would add more:

Do you share the same health insurance? Life insurance? Car lease? Credit card? Home title? Home insurance? 

Do not add just the last statement, you need more showing that you and your husband are together since some date.

Good luck 

Thanks! I guess I just wasn't sure what all we should include but I guess it's best to consider this a totally new application as they probably won't see our previous evidence. I've done some digging and we now have the following evidence:

- Purchase agreement for our house (May 2020)

- Mortgage statements from July 2020, Sept 2020, December 2020, and our April statement 

-Joint asset statements from July 2019, Sept 2019, March 2020, October 2020, January 2021,& March 2021

- 2019 & 2020 joint tax returns

- 2019 & 2020 W-2s where we both have the same mailing address

- Most recent paystub for both of us

- Benefits statements from our work that show our life insurance options (one for each of us that shows we have each other as the beneficiaries) 

- Homeowner's insurance & our renewal policy

- Water bill from our township for 2 quarters that shows us both on it 

- My 401k that has him listed as beneficiary

- Our lease agreement from 2018 when we lived together in the UK before he got the K-1 and we migrated back to the US together. 

- I'll try to find our lease from the apartment we lived in from December 2018 - November 2019 but it was kind of a crappy place and they didn't do anything digitally, not even sure we got our own paper copy so we might be out of luck for that one. We moved in with my parents from November 2019 until we bought our house in May 2020 so we don't really have anything to show for that period of time. 

- Flight itineraries from 3 different trips we took together,  one with just the two of us from 2018, one with my friend from 2018 and one with my mom from 2020 (pre-COVID)

- 10-11 pictures of us with friends and family, pictures of us signing for/moving in to our house.

I'm hoping that this is enough! Part of me kind of hoped that we were done with gathering evidence but fingers crossed we're almost done. :) Thank you for your help :) 

💕 Our Love Story 💕

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.