Soccer.Player

N400 interview decision pending tracker

408 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Quick question – has anyone here explicitly requested a combo interview when you realize you’d have a N400 interview with a pending I751? Or did it just happen naturally? I think my case is delayed because the officer who interviewed me didn’t do the I751 interview at the same time and now that case is derailed and waiting to be scheduled for an interview.

Hi everyone,

I read this entire thread and haven’t seen anyone in a situation similar to mine.

i had my N400 interview in December 2022 with a pending I751 (status was still case was transferred/ fingerprints were taken). It was def a combo interview, my wife was interviewed separately, which I guess is a bad sign and took me by surprise, but the interview went smoothly and the officer even said all looked good and I should hear back from USCIS VERY shortly. My N400 case wasn’t updated since the and my I751 was updated to “ready to scheduled” in January.

Fast forward to today, the only actual update i could get was from my congressman: USCIS saying that:

An interview was conducted for Mr. [ ] 's N-400, but an additional interview is required for the pending I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. USCIS system records show that the I-751 was received on June 28, 2021. The current processing time for I-751 petitions at all field offices is approximately 33.5 months. The case is within normal processing time. The file has been placed in queue for interview scheduling. Once the case has been scheduled for interview, the constituent will receive an appointment notice in the mail at the address on file.

I don’t understand if this means my interview didn’t count for my I751 or if that would be a follow up interview. Being in queue for an interview means it could take almost 2 YEARS for me to have an interview that I already attended. This is so frustrating.

Anyone in a similar situation??

On 4/15/2023 at 6:17 PM, Imperium said:

WOM is an ineffetive, costly and uncertain remedy. Does your N-400 includes a pending I-751?

that is not true at all. WOM is very effective.. America is the land of litigations. :) 

duh

5 hours ago, Henras said:

Hi everyone,

I read this entire thread and haven’t seen anyone in a situation similar to mine.

i had my N400 interview in December 2022 with a pending I751 (status was still case was transferred/ fingerprints were taken). It was def a combo interview, my wife was interviewed separately, which I guess is a bad sign and took me by surprise, but the interview went smoothly and the officer even said all looked good and I should hear back from USCIS VERY shortly. My N400 case wasn’t updated since the and my I751 was updated to “ready to scheduled” in January.

Fast forward to today, the only actual update i could get was from my congressman: USCIS saying that:

An interview was conducted for Mr. [ ] 's N-400, but an additional interview is required for the pending I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. USCIS system records show that the I-751 was received on June 28, 2021. The current processing time for I-751 petitions at all field offices is approximately 33.5 months. The case is within normal processing time. The file has been placed in queue for interview scheduling. Once the case has been scheduled for interview, the constituent will receive an appointment notice in the mail at the address on file.

I don’t understand if this means my interview didn’t count for my I751 or if that would be a follow up interview. Being in queue for an interview means it could take almost 2 YEARS for me to have an interview that I already attended. This is so frustrating.

Anyone in a similar situation??

it means your interview was only n-400 but they cannot approve n-400 until i-751 can be reviewed. So the idiots at USCIS will now schedule another i-751 interview to do the same nonsense of questions again.. They are absolutely inept at efficiencies.

duh

Filed: Other Timeline
On 4/30/2023 at 8:30 PM, igoyougoduke said:

that is not true at all. WOM is very effective.. America is the land of litigations. :) 

WOM is a lengthy process and complex for a Pro Se. Additionally, more importantly i must say, it requires a judge to force an officer of USG to act on an aplication. Unlike WOM,  Petition under 8 U.S.C 1447(b) essential empowers a district court a jurisdiction over a Naturalization application that is pending beyond a 120 days after the initial examination. by their right under Section 336 INA, 8 U.S.C 1447(b), a Plaintiff strips USCIS from a jurisdiction and brings the application to the court for de novo review, and time boud USCIS to adjudicate or ask a Judge to Naturalize them, if general requirements of naturalization eligibility have been met. 

WOM is a broad relief, while an action under 8 U.S.C 1447(b) is confined to delayed naturalization cases that have been without a decison after 120 days.

On 4/30/2023 at 8:32 PM, igoyougoduke said:

Have you filed a WOM ? 

Yes, I have assisted people:)

Edited by Imperium

5 hours ago, Imperium said:

WOM is a lengthy process and complex for a Pro Se. Additionally, more importantly i must say, it requires a judge to force an officer of USG to act on an aplication. Unlike WOM,  Petition under 8 U.S.C 1447(b) essential empowers a district court a jurisdiction over a Naturalization application that is pending beyond a 120 days after the initial examination. by their right under Section 336 INA, 8 U.S.C 1447(b), a Plaintiff strips USCIS from a jurisdiction and brings the application to the court for de novo review, and time boud USCIS to adjudicate or ask a Judge to Naturalize them, if general requirements of naturalization eligibility have been met. 

WOM is a broad relief, while an action under 8 U.S.C 1447(b) is confined to delayed naturalization cases that have been without a decison after 120 days.

Yes, I have assisted people:)

judge cannot naturalize applicants they can only tell USCIS to make the decision on applicants . That is plain false statements.  

Edited by igoyougoduke

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
49 minutes ago, igoyougoduke said:

judge cannot naturalize applicants they can only tell USCIS to make the decision on applicants . That is plain false statements.  

A Judge can naturalize an applicant in a law court in some situations.

21 minutes ago, judefabulous said:

A Judge can naturalize an applicant in a law court in some situations.

and those dont apply to majority of people. its like saying there is a 0.00001 percent of comet striking earth

duh

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
On 4/13/2023 at 10:10 AM, faithful12 said:

Adding my case here - ABQ, NM

n400 interview 4/11/23

decision cannot be made response. 

Updated today- Case approved. Oath will be scheduled.

On 5/6/2023 at 2:12 PM, igoyougoduke said:

and those dont apply to majority of people. its like saying there is a 0.00001 percent of comet striking earth

To the cases such as of OP, it does appky. This tracker is full of many people waiting beyond 120 days. Please read U.S.C Section 1447(b).

38 minutes ago, Imperium said:

To the cases such as of OP, it does appky. This tracker is full of many people waiting beyond 120 days. Please read U.S.C Section 1447(b).

I mean, to most cases we have under this decision pending tracker, U.S.C Section 1447(b) does apply. A case where ROC is pending, USDC can take jurisdiction, review the evidence and then remand it to USCIS for a prompt appropriate action on ROC, but in cases where ROC is not pending, Cogress empowered a USDC through U.S.C 1447(b) to assume jurisdiction and naturalize an applicant.    

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.