Soccer.Player

N400 interview decision pending tracker

408 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

N400/Pending I751 Interview on 12/6/2022 - Newark office

Passed, officer said everything looked fine and that I should hear back from them VERY shortly. It’s been over the 120 days limit and no updates on my N400. I751 updated in January to “ready to be scheduled for an interview” and that was AFTER the interview.

Nothing makes sense. Raised multiple service requests already but no actual updates.

Very frustrating 

Edited by Henras

3 hours ago, Henras said:

N400/Pending I751 Interview on 12/6/2022 - Newark office

Passed, officer said everything looked fine and that I should hear back from them VERY shortly. It’s been over the 120 days limit and no updates on my N400. I751 updated in January to “ready to be scheduled for an interview” and that was AFTER the interview.

Nothing makes sense. Raised multiple service requests already but no actual updates.

Very frustrating 

I’m on the same boat, I plan of going the mandamus route.

1 minute ago, Henras said:

It’s unbelievable that they’ll make us spend a shitton of money on legal fees at the very final step of the process simply because they won’t do what they are required to do by the regulation.

My Interview was completed back in June 2022, and still waiting for a decision, no criminal record whatsoever. Do you think the writ of mandamus is very effective?

5 minutes ago, lightstream19 said:

My Interview was completed back in June 2022, and still waiting for a decision, no criminal record whatsoever. Do you think the writ of mandamus is very effective?

Same here, very straight forward case, I guess it is just completely random. From what I’ve heard it is effective, but it could take months anyway till your lawyer file the lawsuit, then they have 2 months to reply, plus another month or 2 they give to USCIS…

Edited by Henras

28 minutes ago, Henras said:

Same here, very straight forward case, I guess it is just completely random. From what I’ve heard it is effective, but it could take months anyway till your lawyer file the lawsuit, then they have 2 months to reply, plus another month or 2 they give to USCIS…

Okay then. Because I wrote 2 letter to my field office, couple service request with same generic responses.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Guys, if I can give you all my piece of advise: do NOT waste your money on writ of mandamus or whatever.  You already spent a bunch trying to get the citizenship! 

I waited almost 10 months after my interview for a decision to be made (if you scroll a few pages back you'll see my story).  It wasn't till I wrote my Senator that my case was unstuck.  I was so frustrated also from waiting and waiting, worst experience of my life (and my case was easy).  I was even on the local news when my case was finally approved after months of waiting, I can tell you they (USCIS) were quite embarrassed from having held it for so long.

So, write to your Senator, Representative, whoever can intervene and make these people at USCIS do THEIR job!!  The lawyers can not do much and I doubt a mandamus is the answer to this problem.  They are still riding the COVID wave and blaming it on not enough personal, blah blah blah, it is time to get back to work, make them do their job.  Send the Senators, they take it seriously then.

2 hours ago, Coco&Kitten said:

Guys, if I can give you all my piece of advise: do NOT waste your money on writ of mandamus or whatever.  You already spent a bunch trying to get the citizenship! 

I waited almost 10 months after my interview for a decision to be made (if you scroll a few pages back you'll see my story).  It wasn't till I wrote my Senator that my case was unstuck.  I was so frustrated also from waiting and waiting, worst experience of my life (and my case was easy).  I was even on the local news when my case was finally approved after months of waiting, I can tell you they (USCIS) were quite embarrassed from having held it for so long.

So, write to your Senator, Representative, whoever can intervene and make these people at USCIS do THEIR job!!  The lawyers can not do much and I doubt a mandamus is the answer to this problem.  They are still riding the COVID wave and blaming it on not enough personal, blah blah blah, it is time to get back to work, make them do their job.  Send the Senators, they take it seriously then.

My FO is Denver and I already wrote to both Senators and representative, still the same generic response. It’s already 10 months post my interview and still no answer.

Filed: Other Timeline
21 hours ago, lightstream19 said:

WOM is an ineffetive, costly and uncertain remedy. Does your N-400 includes a pending I-751?

Filed: Other Timeline
16 minutes ago, lightstream19 said:

No, I have a 10 yr green card.

Do you have your Form N-652; Naturalization Interview Results? If you read the fine prints at the very bottom of the page, USCIS states a remedy that is cheaper and more efficient.

"An action under section 336(b) of the ina (8 usc 1447(b)"

You need that this in your local US District Court.

2 hours ago, Imperium said:

Do you have your Form N-652; Naturalization Interview Results? If you read the fine prints at the very bottom of the page, USCIS states a remedy that is cheaper and more efficient.

"An action under section 336(b) of the ina (8 usc 1447(b)"

You need that this in your local US District Court.

Yes I do. I thought the action under section 336 (b) of the INA is the same as WOM?

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.