J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 11/14/2021 at 9:46 AM, CJPinEcuador said:

Hi All, 

So I ran our numbers today since we are about mid month for an update and unsurprisingly (based on Feb and March forums) there has been almost no movement. I won't post the whole chart, but the totals are included. Idk what has happened to our adjudicators, but once they hit the last week in February they completely came to a halt based on reports from others and the case tracker data. Besides a few random cases, it appears March has not really heard anything either, and as of today the USCIS page has March 17th listed as the received date for inquiry, so our cases being decided before the end of the year becomes more of a pipe dream each and every day. 

This week is our last full week of November as next week is Thanksgiving and most government offices have 1-2 days off for everyone (it is also a common time for people to take the whole week off if they need to run out their vacation days if they are over the carry over amount for the year) and the week after is the start of December. 

My new hope at this point: we see movement in March before the end of the year and once again have some sort of idea of our wait time. It's heart breaking to imagine the holidays without the person we are waiting to marry and I hope we all have some hope restored and see some movement as we start 2022 (I know, very sappy, but the recent stop in activity has been an added emotional toll lately). 

I'll run full numbers again in 2 weeks. 

Screenshot 2021-11-14 083216.png

really?? you don't think April filers will get NOA2 before the end of the year? ......

Timeline
On 9/22/2021 at 3:17 PM, lidiahxo said:

Hey y'all, just joined this website.. My receipt # is in the 77000! But no approval yet hoping to hear one soon :) Visajourney estimates December for me I'm just hoping it doesn't have to take that long lol!

what does this mean, 77000?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 minutes ago, gjd2017 said:

really?? you don't think April filers will get NOA2 before the end of the year? ......

The forever optimist in me hopes so, but based on the very slow forward progression in the last few weeks the realist in me doesn’t want to keep my hopes too high lest it leads to a crummy New Year’s Eve and day when we are still without our NOA2 and starting the new year with absolutely no idea when we’ll be together again. 

So, I hope so!!!! But I’m keeping my expectations low. If it happens before 2022, I’ll consider it a wonderful turn of events!

Timeline
18 minutes ago, CJPinEcuador said:

The forever optimist in me hopes so, but based on the very slow forward progression in the last few weeks the realist in me doesn’t want to keep my hopes too high lest it leads to a crummy New Year’s Eve and day when we are still without our NOA2 and starting the new year with absolutely no idea when we’ll be together again. 

So, I hope so!!!! But I’m keeping my expectations low. If it happens before 2022, I’ll consider it a wonderful turn of events!

wow, i had no idea. in shock.. thanks for replying *cries in the corner*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello Friends!

I understand the anxiety level is high, considering that the holidays are coming and makes us more emotionally unstable as we miss our love ones so much and would love to spend the holidays with them.  Few weeks ago, I was so anxious to a point of losing hope, but I noticed that I was so focused on checking my case and getting anxious about when we're going to get the approval, I become irritable and my fiancé noticed it and sometimes the unfortunate receiving end of the negative behavior.  Although, it's hard, but I have to change, otherwise, the relationship will be at stake.

I'm not saying I am all good, but I agreed to what @CJPinEcuador said... to lower my expectation, but at the same, I am hopeful that it will come soon.  Just hang in there friends!  Before you know it, it will come.  I'm hoping that we will all get our approvals soon.

Happy Thanksgiving all! 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
18 hours ago, keickhoff said:

I intend to send an inquiry as soon as possible.  Do you think it helps? Does the squeaky wheel really get the grease?  I am April 5th so unless they they change processing dates I expect I can inquire sometime the first week of December

i'm in the same boat! i'm 4/1 and plan on doing is as soon as i see they're on 4/2 reviews. from what i see in other groups, we'll just get a standard "we're working on it" message. i'm not sure how much it will actually do since they've barely touched march yet 🙁. i'll keep putting in the inquires as often it lets me. i believe it asks you to wait 45 more days or something like that. i've been reading in the February group to see what they've been doing!

Timeline
9 hours ago, MeG@Am said:

Hello Friends!

I understand the anxiety level is high, considering that the holidays are coming and makes us more emotionally unstable as we miss our love ones so much and would love to spend the holidays with them.  Few weeks ago, I was so anxious to a point of losing hope, but I noticed that I was so focused on checking my case and getting anxious about when we're going to get the approval, I become irritable and my fiancé noticed it and sometimes the unfortunate receiving end of the negative behavior.  Although, it's hard, but I have to change, otherwise, the relationship will be at stake.

I'm not saying I am all good, but I agreed to what @CJPinEcuador said... to lower my expectation, but at the same, I am hopeful that it will come soon.  Just hang in there friends!  Before you know it, it will come.  I'm hoping that we will all get our approvals soon.

Happy Thanksgiving all! 😊

That's really kind of you to say and great to encourage each other. Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 11/21/2021 at 7:38 PM, gjd2017 said:

Hello. I just found this post. I'm an April 5 filer. I am 230 days in waiting and still nothing. Getting more anxious and worried...

Don't worry.  My lawyer sent an email today that said USCIS is processing K1's received on March 26, so my case should be processed soon :)  Yours will be processed soon too :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Merica-n said:

Don't worry.  My lawyer sent an email today that said USCIS is processing K1's received on March 26, so my case should be processed soon :)  Yours will be processed soon too :)

Yes, that is what I thought! But so many people say that April fillers wont receive it until after the New Year since the USCIS is behind on March applications. What do you think?
Can you share when yours is processed? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 hours ago, Merica-n said:

I ran the March chart yesterday. This is how many have been and are waiting for approvals. 

12CDEF24-D51F-4D70-9BE7-A6F9D2DF78AB.jpeg

Edited by CJPinEcuador

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 hours ago, MeG@Am said:

Yeah, they haven't done much with March yet.  I'm thinking maybe they will start working with April in January or February.

i agree with these estimates. it seems to be more like 8-10 months and not the 6-8 months that they have on the USCIS processing times site. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.