JojoandTomas

APRIL 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

106 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Anyone get 'In Transit' today? 

We've been at NVC since May 11 and had our case number since May 14. 

I have seen *nothing* today so far despite it being a 'second Tuesday'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 6/8/2021 at 9:25 AM, TimmahTimmah said:

Anyone get 'In Transit' today? 

We've been at NVC since May 11 and had our case number since May 14. 

I have seen *nothing* today so far despite it being a 'second Tuesday'

Also in a similar situation, waiting for it to go in transit to South Korea but still showing at NVC as well….

On 5/5/2021 at 2:13 AM, ank001 said:

We also called for an update. We were told the NVC received and to call back later to check when the case is assigned.

NOA2:  4/19/21

NVC Received: 5/4/21

NVC receive mine on 19 Mar and didn't get back to me until 08 June that they want more documents...

So honestly, for you, it's early days yet if NVC received your case on 04 May... 

There seems to be several hoops to jump through before the case is ever assigned to US embassy in Singapore.... but the worse part is just the waiting... And having absolutely no control over the process (second-guessing what NVC might deem acceptable, because every time you need to submit a new doc for their review, it pushes the timeline for your case back a little again...) sigh

Hope it works for you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
20 hours ago, Mmzn said:

NVC receive mine on 19 Mar and didn't get back to me until 08 June that they want more documents...

So honestly, for you, it's early days yet if NVC received your case on 04 May... 

There seems to be several hoops to jump through before the case is ever assigned to US embassy in Singapore.... but the worse part is just the waiting... And having absolutely no control over the process (second-guessing what NVC might deem acceptable, because every time you need to submit a new doc for their review, it pushes the timeline for your case back a little again...) sigh

Hope it works for you!

Submitting documents to NVC is for spousal visa not for fiance. So your timeline is and will be different from K1s. But I hope everything will be resolved for you as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
On 5/2/2021 at 12:05 PM, neto-66 said:

No interview scheduled yet. Waiting to receive the welcome letter and have the interview date scheduled.

Hello, How long it take to receive the welcome letter after your case arrived at the embassy? Was it it sent via mail or email? We are also waiting for the letter

Edited by Jsilva718

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

We scheduled the medical exam today. We would have scheduled the interview too, but I got us locked out of the account for 72 hours for refreshing too many times after it kept giving me an error message. 🙃

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Medical exam on Wednesday of this week!

We received an interview date a month ago. We have been trying to get in contact with the Paris embassy ever since then to get a reschedule, but have had no luck getting a response from the one email we were told could proceed with a reschedule. I called the VAC and was told what will most likely happen is that we will miss the interview and proceed with a reschedule afterwards. This has been the most frustrating part of the journey for us -- so close yet so far.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
15 hours ago, neto-66 said:

Medical exam on Wednesday of this week!

We received an interview date a month ago. We have been trying to get in contact with the Paris embassy ever since then to get a reschedule, but have had no luck getting a response from the one email we were told could proceed with a reschedule. I called the VAC and was told what will most likely happen is that we will miss the interview and proceed with a reschedule afterwards. This has been the most frustrating part of the journey for us -- so close yet so far.

We're so sorry that you guys are passing through this and we don't know how to help.

You guys updated us with good information (and hope) and the only thing we can say is that we've been noticing that the Embassy seems to be kinda delayed on things.
We thought we would get contacted by now and yet we haven't.
We also have read couples (Portuguese and French) that already had their interviews back in May and they still haven't received their passports/visas even thou more than 2 weeks have passed since they had the interview.
Maybe they are having some computer issues or the High Alerts in France are/were affecting the people of the Embassy.

We hope you guys get some answer soon before the 20th and also before us, since we're a month apart (NoA2 acceptance) and you guys should be priority.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 6/11/2021 at 2:20 PM, Jsilva718 said:

Hello, How long it take to receive the welcome letter after your case arrived at the embassy? Was it it sent via mail or email? We are also waiting for the letter

Within a day and it was sent by e-mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

VS has been super helpful in finding information needed for this complicated immigration process. So I thought I'd give a quick update as well. I received my NOA2 on March 11, 2021, but have not gotten any response from the NVC. I finally decided to call this morning just after 7:00 am and waited for 1 1/2 hours until someone answered. The message when first calling does say that they have limited personal working there due to COVID and to only call with the most urgent needs. I received my case and invoice number, but the lady told me that they are currently not sending any K1 visa applications to the embassy. I'm not sure if this is just true for mine (Montreal) or all of them. So I guess we all just have to be patient, still. My question is, does it make sense to fill out the DS-160 already or should I just wait until the embassy received our application? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
23 hours ago, Andreams said:

VS has been super helpful in finding information needed for this complicated immigration process. So I thought I'd give a quick update as well. I received my NOA2 on March 11, 2021, but have not gotten any response from the NVC. I finally decided to call this morning just after 7:00 am and waited for 1 1/2 hours until someone answered. The message when first calling does say that they have limited personal working there due to COVID and to only call with the most urgent needs. I received my case and invoice number, but the lady told me that they are currently not sending any K1 visa applications to the embassy. I'm not sure if this is just true for mine (Montreal) or all of them. So I guess we all just have to be patient, still. My question is, does it make sense to fill out the DS-160 already or should I just wait until the embassy received our application? 

In regards to the embassies and sending the cases, it depends on the location. They definitely send them to belgium because there is barely any backlog

You can start filling out your DS-160, it will take some time and you don't have to submit it right away, you can save it and always return to it. Submit when you'll hear from the embassy. 

Mexico and Mexico City seems to be flying fast now.  Moved from In transit to Ready status in 6-days.  Moreover, looking at the timeline of others, the interviews are being scheduled for 3 or so weeks from the Consulate receiving.  Of course, now I am worried about getting the P3 and Appointment letters. 

-Does anyone know how quickly that will come?  On the timelines it seems some are receiving the P3 the same day that the Consulate receives, but maybe that is an error in the timelines.

-Also, does anyone have any insight into why a "01 MEX" code would be added to the application number on the CEAC site?  (the site to check on the status and shipment from NVC)  They added it after the status went from In Transit to Ready, just wonder if it might mean anything specifically.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.