TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

695 posts in this topic

so F2B retrogression coming next month, F2A retrogress 3 years!!, although I don't understand how they would retrogress F2B, in 2020 Feb VB, PD was Aug. 2014, in last 3.5 years it moves only 1 year.

I heard each congress and senate Pearson have stuff handling immigration, I don't know they are aware of this situation at all. Its completely broken.

f2b.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well that was the wrong thread so back to this one.

No whether a Congressperson staffer keeps up with the Visa Bulletin I do not know, I assume some do and some do not.

Not uncommon for categories to retrogress especially towards the end of the year, they are running out of visa numbers so have turned the flow down.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, xavier2014 said:

so F2B retrogression coming next month, F2A retrogress 3 years!!, although I don't understand how they would retrogress F2B, in 2020 Feb VB, PD was Aug. 2014, in last 3.5 years it moves only 1 year.

I heard each congress and senate Pearson have stuff handling immigration, I don't know they are aware of this situation at all. Its completely broken.

f2b.png

Hey there 

may i know where did you find this info? 

thank you

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nomad4 said:

Hey there 

may i know where did you find this info? 

thank you

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2023/visa-bulletin-for-august-2023.html

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

No problem, remember they update every month about this time.

16 hours ago, Boiler said:

Well that was the wrong thread so back to this one.

No whether a Congressperson staffer keeps up with the Visa Bulletin I do not know, I assume some do and some do not.

Not uncommon for categories to retrogress especially towards the end of the year, they are running out of visa numbers so have turned the flow down.

Nope congressperson doesn't deal with visa bulletin but queries regarding Family visa categories, they do expedite cases if possible by directing state dep. when they get request from constituents. If someone asked why F2B stuck or DQ but not getting the interview date even PD is current they can raise the issue to their respective representative. Ultimately, state department allocate visa number to categories, some say its based on DQ, some say its based on demand (some counties have more f4 issues, some F2B)

F2B fall into retrogression because they didn't allocated visa evenly instead greater demand from certain countries otherwise I don't understand how it will be retrogress after 2.5 years backlog already.

Edited by xavier2014

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
On 7/13/2023 at 7:32 PM, xavier2014 said:

f2b.png

How Dominican Republic ruined F2B is the true story. And yet they are not in a separate list. Now dragging the rest of the world with them. 

7 hours ago, xavier2014 said:

raise the issue to your respective representative. 

https://www.congress.gov/search?q={"source"%3A"members"}

Personally I'd be cautious about doing that. Most Americans have no idea about immigration to their own country, and the US is very unusual in allowing certain family members (adult children, siblings) to be sponsored for an immigrant visa when no other country in the world does so. You might find you get an unsympathetic congressman that decides to campaign against chain migration instead, there's often talk of doing away with those visa categories (most recently under Donald Trump), I wouldn't want to add any fuel to the fire.

Or at the very least, check out their voting record first to make sure they're likely to be sympathetic to your cause! 😂

Edited by appleblossom

Timeline

Does not get much creepier than Schumer.

2 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Personally I'd be cautious about doing that. Most Americans have no idea about immigration to their own country, and the US is very unusual in allowing certain family members (adult children, siblings) to be sponsored for an immigrant visa when no other country in the world does so. You might find you get an unsympathetic congressman that decides to campaign against chain migration instead, there's often talk of doing away with those visa categories (most recently under Donald Trump), I wouldn't want to add any fuel to the fire.

Or at the very least, check out their voting record first to make sure they're likely to be sympathetic to your cause! 😂

I clearly know and understand that family immigration or chain migration is a privilege, not a right that America offers. Australia, Canada not even offer PR for parents, no idea about UK. America is a special country I truly believe that, their founding fathers created a unique constitution, with constitutional amendments that protect crucial citizen rights not available anywhere else in the world. Although I had the opportunity to immigrate to Australia, I never took it.

Trump discussed skilled immigration, which already exists in the form of the H1B visa.

By the way, last time when I checked, family immigration programs remain open until Congress passes a law to restrict or close them. This creates curiosity among people regarding family visas, and even the existence of this thread is a result of that curiosity.

Timeline

H1B is a temporary work visa

Immigration is not part of the constitution 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.