297 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, F3 Guitarist said:

I wonder why they had several more interviews for the F4 category them F3s

The annual quota limit for F4 is 65k, vs 23.4K for F3. It makes sense that any embassy in any given month has more F4 cases than F3 simply because there are more F4 visas available. 

1 hour ago, F3 Guitarist said:

The Monthly Immigrant Visa Issuance statistics is finally out for August and September and the numbers of interviews for the F3 was kind kind of low.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

- August: 7 

- September: 15

I wonder why they had several more interviews for the F4 category them F3s however in a positive note, it looks like they are picking up some speed in general with the numbers of interview issued in total. 

They had way more than average F3 granted in previous month earlier this year so seems like the consulate is now catching up with F4. Let’s hope the consulate keeps processing at the full capacity and schedules more interviews in next 4-6 months to catch up F3 interview scheduling to visa bulletin.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

USCIS removed the “Immigrant Visa Prioritization” website where they mentioned tiers 1, 2, 3, etc. It now shows Error 404. Not sure what this means but maybe now they’re prioritizing all categories? 

For reference this was the website: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/immigrant-visa-prioritization.html

Edited by cyyz2000

On 11/19/2021 at 9:29 PM, cyyz2000 said:

USCIS removed the “Immigrant Visa Prioritization” website where they mentioned tiers 1, 2, 3, etc. It now shows Error 404. Not sure what this means but maybe now they’re prioritizing all categories? 

For reference this was the website: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/immigrant-visa-prioritization.html

Any updates on Montreal embassy 

Timeline
On 11/28/2021 at 4:04 PM, NGJ said:

Haven’t seen any updates on websites, waiting for December update on Montreal consulate interview scheduling status.

Seems like it got updated today but still shows Oct/2019. 

I’m in a group chat of other F3 applicants (they’re mostly all interviewing at embassies in India/Pakistan). However, one of users just got their interview letter today who will be interviewing at Montreal, and they were DQ’d in December of 2019. They are in the same category as us. So perhaps a 2 year wait from the date you were DQ’d? 

Edited by cyyz2000

9 hours ago, cyyz2000 said:

Seems like it got updated today but still shows Oct/2019. 

I’m in a group chat of other F3 applicants (they’re mostly all interviewing at embassies in India/Pakistan). However, one of users just got their interview letter today who will be interviewing at Montreal, and they were DQ’d in December of 2019. They are in the same category as us. So perhaps a 2 year wait from the date you were DQ’d? 

Thanks @cyyz2000 - The department has now dropped family case prioritization guidance, so each embassy will now prioritize on their own. So good to know about the interview letter another F3 got for December, looks like Montreal is scheduling 4-6 weeks DQ in a month. I am exactly a month behind you on case milestones-priority Aug2008 and DQ Aug2020. So thank you for sharing info and case updates. Likely you will have your interview letter in six months or so. 

On 12/2/2021 at 7:35 AM, NGJ said:

Thanks @cyyz2000 - The department has now dropped family case prioritization guidance, so each embassy will now prioritize on their own. So good to know about the interview letter another F3 got for December, looks like Montreal is scheduling 4-6 weeks DQ in a month. I am exactly a month behind you on case milestones-priority Aug2008 and DQ Aug2020. So thank you for sharing info and case updates. Likely you will have your interview letter in six months or so. 

Montreal embassy is interviewing in December 2022 for F3 which are DQ in October 2019 or December 2019?

Just now, Canada_F3 said:

Montreal embassy is interviewing in December 2022 for F3 which are DQ in October 2019 or December 2019?

Montreal embassy is interviewing in December 2021 for F3 which are DQ in October 2019 or December 2019?

Hi could you please share group chat link for F3 waiting for the interview at india/Pakistan/Montreal embassies 

Timeline

Yup, we are exactly one month apart in priority dates. I just realized that I accidentally read the person's message wrong on the group chat, so sorry! It was a bit of a confusing message. It seems like the person's sister was DQ'd, and her PD was September 2019 (who is now scheduled for an interview this month). The guy who messaged the chat is still waiting for their own interview letter (DQ'd December 2019). So it seems like MTL is still stuck with September/October 2019 DQs. 

Really hope MTL starts to pickup the visas for our category. The consular updates page last updated on Dec. 3rd, and it now shows that IR1/Fiancé visas are getting interviews for October 2021 (that's crazy - the fact that you can get your interview within a month). Hopefully, this means extra slots to fill for F3 cases. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Canada_F3 said:

Montreal embassy is interviewing in December 2021 for F3 which are DQ in October 2019 or December 2019?

•  

October 2019, I read the original message incorrectly. The person on the group said that their sister (who was DQ'd September 2019) just got their interview letter.

1 hour ago, cyyz2000 said:

October 2019, I read the original message incorrectly. The person on the group said that their sister (who was DQ'd September 2019) just got their interview letter.

Montreal embassy is too much slow, I remember that in May 2021, Montreal embassy interviewing F3 which are DQ in July 2019. 

Now In December 2021 they sent interview letter to F3 for interview in January 2022 whose DQ in September 2019.

It seems that from May 2021 to January 2022 (during 9 months), Montreal embassy scheduled interview of F3 DQ from July 2019 to September 2019 (only 3 months). It’s too much slow towards the family category F3.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

1 hour ago, F3 Guitarist said:

That’s good to know, hoping they are giving priority to F3 category after clearing major  immediate relatives backlog. I checked monthly reports in pre COVID years, they were issuing  on average 10 F3/month so 21 is good number. Let’s hope the pace continued  in Nov-Dec.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.