2,947 posts in this topic

Timeline

I know this has been asked here a couple of times before but I was wondering what is the best way to renew EAD after VAWA approval and I-485 interview? I already applied to renew C09, but tbh I was hoping to receive the green card quickly after the interview. Shall I also renew C31 in addition to C31? Or is one EAD enough? thank you very much for your answers.

Edited by lolaB998

3 minutes ago, lolaB998 said:

I know this has been asked here a couple of times before but I was wondering what is the best way to renew EAD after VAWA approval and I-485 interview? I already applied to renew C09, but tbh I was hoping to receive the green card quickly after the interview. Shall I also renew C31 in addition to C31? Or is one EAD enough? thank you very much for your answers.

mine is definitely a USC - I submitted his birth certificate

Wonder why it's taking so long. I hope they respond soon. Cause I had my interview this week, waiting for approval. I hope we all hear something soon. My letter said 90days max, hopefully you hear back soon and positively too

Timeline
2 minutes ago, isurvived said:

Is it possible your spouse/ex was a GC holder? Could that be the reason for the delay? Cause I'm wondering why it's taking so long

Thanks  @isurvived ! Mine is definitely a USC - I submitted his birth certificate. There were no issues at the interview/ no questions asked. The officer said to expect the card in 2 to 4 weeks. I also have no issues with the law or immigration, never arrested never overstayed, legal entry - so I believe it is some admin delay but who knows. 

Just now, isurvived said:

Wonder why it's taking so long. I hope they respond soon. Cause I had my interview this week, waiting for approval. I hope we all hear something soon. My letter said 90days max, hopefully you hear back soon and positively too

My officer did not give me the white paper - just handwrote in my passport that my petition is pending. Where was your interview? 

3 minutes ago, lolaB998 said:

Thanks  @isurvived ! Mine is definitely a USC - I submitted his birth certificate. There were no issues at the interview/ no questions asked. The officer said to expect the card in 2 to 4 weeks. I also have no issues with the law or immigration, never arrested never overstayed, legal entry - so I believe it is some admin delay but who knows. 

My officer did not give me the white paper - just handwrote in my passport that my petition is pending. Where was your interview? 

My officer told me "I'll approve your petition" but ended up giving me the notice. Mine was Baltimore FO. I believe you'll hear back soon. I hope we all do

9 minutes ago, lolaB998 said:

Looks like our cases are in the forgotten world. I also reached out to my congresswoman, senator and the ombudsman. USCIS has not yet responded to their requests (requests were sent 3 weeks ago). My lawyer said we will send a letter to Vermont at 90 days. 

Looks like it.. I am really fed up with all of this, trying to stay patient and positive but it gets harder and harder, never ending process.. 
Really not sure why is there such a big delay!!

Timeline
Just now, monoxidelullaby said:

Looks like it.. I am really fed up with all of this, trying to stay patient and positive but it gets harder and harder, never ending process.. 
Really not sure why is there such a big delay!!

I see that a lot of people are waiting - I honestly have no idea why. I know a woman who had domestic violence charges and got approved the same day and then at the same time some people  without any issues have to wait for months. I am also trying to switch jobs and my EAD expired and now I'm on extension and the HR just doesn't get it why I still have no green card lol

On 4/2/2021 at 4:56 PM, lolaB998 said:

I see that a lot of people are waiting - I honestly have no idea why. I know a woman who had domestic violence charges and got approved the same day and then at the same time some people  without any issues have to wait for months. I am also trying to switch jobs and my EAD expired and now I'm on extension and the HR just doesn't get it why I still have no green card lol

is your 180 day extension coming to expire  soon? hope you get it before then

Timeline
1 hour ago, sam012019 said:

did anyone verify if lawfully app predict EAD date  accurately? still waiting for renewal & frustrated 

I believe all the apps predict accurately, but if you have the app that says Uscis case tracker, that one alone is enough 

On 4/2/2021 at 5:56 PM, lolaB998 said:

Same situation here! Filed since last Sept2018

2 hours ago, aquila said:

Happy Easter to everyone on here. No matter the struggles on this journey, we will surely rise above them all. We should always remember that there's no Easter without a Good Friday.

God bless everyone and let's continue to pray for speedy approvals at every stage on this journey🙏🙏🙏🙏

Amen 🙏

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello Everyone. I have some concerns/Question the group can offer some input. Hey so I will just go ahead and give the short version of the story. I migrated to the United States in 2016 on a K-1  visa. Started adjusting of status in 2018. My petition was withdrawn by my ex-wife. 
I filed the I 360  application ( only) in 2019. So now my vawa is approved. I had no previous knowledge that I needed to file I-131 , I-485 & I-765. 
SO WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?

2 hours ago, Dane100 said:

Hello Everyone. I have some concerns/Question the group can offer some input. Hey so I will just go ahead and give the short version of the story. I migrated to the United States in 2016 on a K-1  visa. Started adjusting of status in 2018. My petition was withdrawn by my ex-wife. 
I filed the I 360  application ( only) in 2019. So now my vawa is approved. I had no previous knowledge that I needed to file I-131 , I-485 & I-765. 
SO WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?

so you think do you have pending i-485? have you filled it before?

was your spouse USC?

If yes you can send the i-485 for AOS since your VAWA is approved.

When did you send you VAWA?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.