BOKURAGAITA

my future mother in law asked me what to do

35 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone.

I mentioned before that my future MIL (fiancés mom) wants to help and she sent me another message last night telling me, "I wish there was something i could do" but if she can do something, how? I don't know what to answer her honestly, maybe send an email? to who? 

She asked how to start it, i dont even know🤦‍♀️.

Look, you need to tell them to sit back and wait. Once embassy starts interviewing your fiancé will be scheduled/notified to schedule interview. Calling and emailing will get you the same answer - wait. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline
2 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

Do what?   

Are you the US citizen?  

They are, she was asking what would be the other way to help our case and I said i don't know. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, milimelo said:

Look, you need to tell them to sit back and wait. Once embassy starts interviewing your fiancé will be scheduled/notified to schedule interview. Calling and emailing will get you the same answer - wait. 

Iam the applicant and i understand why my in laws are asking me they wish they could help our case. No sign of anything, we are 2019 filers and until now nothing. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

That’s very kind of her but there is nothing she can do. Hopefully she voted correctly 😉

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

That’s very kind of her but there is nothing she can do. Hopefully she voted correctly 😉

Thank you ❤ and they're all Rep. 

4 hours ago, BOKURAGAITA said:

Hi everyone.

I mentioned before that my future MIL (fiancés mom) wants to help and she sent me another message last night telling me, "I wish there was something i could do" but if she can do something, how? I don't know what to answer her honestly, maybe send an email? to who? 

She asked how to start it, i dont even know🤦‍♀️.

You are in the Philippines. It's your silly country that has imposed all the travel bans and quarantines and lock downs and curfews.

I suggest you start where you live, you contact your president, you contact your senators and do your own due diligence.  Don't look for someone else to take care of your business, it's your country that has shutdown.

Why look to others to solve your problems?

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

You are in the Philippines. It's your silly country that has imposed all the travel bans and quarantines and lock downs and curfews.

I suggest you start where you live, you contact your president, you contact your senators and do your own due diligence.  Don't look for someone else to take care of your business, it's your country that has shutdown.

Why look to others to solve your problems?

I recieved a response from the Office of the President 2 months ago and they're hands off.  

Just so you know my and fiancé and i never update or give details to his parents because its our business. From the start and until now his family were very kind and sweet to help yet we refused, we refused since we know what were doing. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, seekingthetruth said:

That was a very rude response.  Uncalled for.  Did you even read what she said?  Why take out your frustrations on her?

They started in 2019, on a K1, pre-Covid, and now her case is stuck in the K1 roadblock at the Embassy.  The American Citizen mother-in-law asked if she could help.  She did not ask her MIL for help.

I actually think the MIL could try to help.  It can't hurt if she writes her congressmen and senators.

Why is the U.S. not vaccinating their Embassy staff, expats and locals both?  Seems like a logical way to move forward and get back up to full speed.  How hard can it be to get 500 (guess) staff vaccinated?

Thank you and my MIL an active nurse and FIL work in Fed. Gov they really want to help and even my Fiance's bro thought they can call or write an email, its not bragging. They're concern about his depression and anxiety history, God forbid it happen again. 

The whole delay makes it worst. 

I emailed the Embassy and after 2 weeks no reply. 

35 minutes ago, seekingthetruth said:

Why is the U.S. not vaccinating their Embassy staff, expats and locals both?  Seems like a logical way to move forward and get back up to full speed.  How hard can it be to get 500 (guess) staff vaccinated?

Bigger question is why is the US not vaccinating people in the USA?

I will be surprised if I get the chance to sign up for the vaccine by August of this year.

38 minutes ago, seekingthetruth said:

I actually think the MIL could try to help.  It can't hurt if she writes her congressmen and senators.

Waste of time and effort.

Senators or Congressmen can't order the US Embassy in Manila to open, all they can do it make an inquiry into a case.

This all falls on the Philippines with it silly lockdowns, quarantines, and curfews.  Until they lift those the US Embassy will only be working with a skeleton crew and processing very few and limited visas.

2 hours ago, BOKURAGAITA said:

I recieved a response from the Office of the President 2 months ago and they're hands off.  

Just so you know my and fiancé and i never update or give details to his parents because its our business. From the start and until now his family were very kind and sweet to help yet we refused, we refused since we know what were doing. 

Here is my honest assessment:

I would fly to Costa Rica and get married there and go ahead and file CR1.

That would allow your "husband" to be able to visit you, and by the looks of things, I don't see the Philippines nor the US Embassy opening back up for normal processing until sometime in 2022.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.