MarryMe987654

All These People Planning a Trip to the Philippines...

15 posts in this topic

I envy y'all.

Before I left the Philippines in July 2019, I promised my family that I would be home every year.

We planned a trip in May 2020 but it did not happen because of the lockdown.

Father died in June 2020, a very close uncle died in October 2020--still can't go home.

My husband says that I can go home and stay for 3 months but I just can't be away from him that long.

In addition, I don't feel safe traveling yet.

And if we ever do travel together, we can only do it for a week because of work-- I would definitely do this option but then, we still don't feel safe traveling yet.

Oh well....

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings,

I feel your pain. It is very hard at this time especially with the quarantine policy. I meant the one week alone will be spent  at the government controlled hotel where you will be tested. May read the link provided if you want to read it all. NG

Reference: COVID-19 Information | U.S. Embassy in the Philippines

Quarantine Information:

• Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine?  Yes.

Quarantine is required for seven to 14 days in a government-controlled hotel/facility. Individuals granted permission to enter by the Philippine authorities must have a confirmed booking for at least seven days at a hotel accredited by the Philippine Tourism and Health Agencies while waiting for their COVID-19 test results.

U.S. citizens must stay at the booked hotel until they receive a Philippine Bureau of Quarantine medical certificate.

Edited by nelmagriffin

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have found this from PAL guide for incoing travelers. It is a big hassle.

Reference: Arrival Guide for non-OFWs and non-Filipino Nationals (philippineairlines.com)

Note: Non-OFWs refer to Returning Overseas Filipinos (non-OFW students, non-OFW Balikbayan, non-OFW tourist, etc.), spouse and children of Filipinos, diplomats, foreign officials accredited by the Philippines, and eligible non-Filipino/foreign citizens.

In compliance with Philippine regulations, the Inter-Agency Task Force on the management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) has revised the arrival and quarantine protocols for passengers arriving in the Philippines. Eligible travelers are required to undergo a facility-based quarantine while waiting for their RT-PCR test administered on day six (6). Day one (1) starts on the day of the passenger’s arrival.

BEFORE YOU FLY AND DURING CHECK-IN

1. As early as 3 days prior to your departure, register and accomplish the PAL Electronic Case Investigation Form and save the confirmation e-mail and QR code: https://bit.ly/MNLPALeCIF

Please note that this is a two-step registration process. Your registration is completed once you receive an e-mail containing a QR Code.

2. Download, print, and accomplish the Affidavit of Undertaking for submission upon arrival in the Philippines.

3. Ensure to have a confirmed booking at a hotel accredited by Tourism and Health Agencies, and for at least 6 nights to accommodate the schedule of your test and the release of results. Passengers arriving before hotel standard check-in times are encouraged to book an additional night to ensure room availability.  For a faster administration and processing of your RT-PCR test, please book a hotel within Metro Manila only.  

In compliance with Philippine regulations, only one person is allowed per room, except for the following:

• Families with minor children below 18 years old (if the traveling family has two or more adult members, only one adult can stay with the minor children)
  • A Person With Disability (PWD) and his/her companion (only one adult companion is allowed)
  • Travelers with medical emergencies
A waiver for special cases is available upon arrival for other exemptions not stated above.

Please click here for the list of DOH-Inspected, PAL Partner Hotels in Manila.
Please click here for the FULL list of DOH-Inspected hotels in Manila.

4. Upon check-in, sign the Declaration and Waiver Form presented by our check-in agent, indicating that you are healthy and fit to travel.

DURING THE FLIGHT

5. Accomplish the Health Declaration Form, Bureau of Customs Form, and Arrival Card.

WHEN YOU ARRIVE

6. Upon arrival, listen to the briefing conducted by the Philippine Coast Guard.

7. Undergo a temperature check, submit the Health Declaration Form upon deplaning, and proceed to the designated waiting area. Fill out the Affidavit of Undertaking.

8. Proceed to the hotel desk. Hotel coordinators shall verify your hotel booking or assist you in your reservation if you have not made one yet. Please ensure that hotel verifiers have signed or stamped your Affidavit of Undertaking. You may also arrange for your airport-hotel transfer (via shuttle/van) at these desks. A separate desk is available for coupon taxis and metered taxis. A sticker will be given to you indicating your choice of transportation to your quarantine hotel:

• For pre-arranged hotel transfers, a red sticker will be provided
  • For Shuttles/Vans, a blue sticker will be provided
  • For Metered Taxis, a yellow sticker will be provided
  • For Coupon Taxis, a green sticker will be provided

9. Proceed  to the verification booth. Present your passport and the QR code sent to you after accomplishing the e-CIF.

10. Pay for your RT-PCR Test. The test costs Php 4,000 and you may pay in cash (PHP or USD), card, GCash, PayPal™, WeChat Pay, or Alipay. ATMs are available inside the terminal. You will be given three (3) barcode stickers.

11. Receive a sticker indicating that you are holding a confirmed booking and that you have paid for your test. Place the sticker on the back of your passport.

12. Help Desks are available at the waiting area for passengers who do not have smart devices/phones. Charging stations are also available.

13. Clear with immigration and submit the Arrival Card. 

14. Claim your baggage at the designated carousel and clear with Customs Check. Submit the Bureau of Customs Form.

15. Submit the Affidavit of Undertaking before exiting the terminal. Proceed to your booked hotel through your preferred mode of transportation.

AT THE QUARANTINE HOTEL

16. Check in at your hotel and wait for the schedule of your test. On day 3 of your quarantine stay, you will receive a follow up e-mail that confirms the hotel you are staying in, and updates your health through an assessment checklist. You must answer this online form no later than day 4 of your stay. To confirm, visit the online portal at https://bit.ly/PALday6swab

On day 5 of your stay, our testing partner may contact you or your hotel to confirm your schedule and location. Please be reminded that your scheduled test may be postponed the next day or at a later date for any unforeseen circumstances (e.g., typhoons, flashfloods, strikes, shift in stricter community quarantine status, etc.).

Day 1 starts on the day you arrive in the Philippines. If you develop COVID-19 symptoms (e.g., dry cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste and/or smell, etc.) at any time before your scheduled test, please inform the hotel you are staying in so a medical or BOQ officer can assess and check up on you immediately.

17. On the day of your test, please present your passport, QR code, and payment receipt to the personnel who will administer your test. To follow up on your test results, you may contact our testing partner through the following channels:

18. Your accommodation and food during your stay including fees due to required extensions will be at your own expense. Delivery of food and other essentials to your room are subject to the rules and regulations of the hotel.

GOING HOME

19. If you test positive, the BOQ shall transfer you to a designated hospital for further medical management. 

If you test negative, you may obtain your BOQ medical certificate via the DOH-BOQ certificate page and e-mailing boq.qc1@gmail.com the following details: Complete Name, Complete Address, Current Hotel & Room Number, Country of Origin, Date of Arrival to the Philippines, Number of Quarantine Days and an Attachment of your OFFICIAL test result (screenshot or file with password):

Please present your negative test result together with the BOQ Medical Quarantine Certificate for clearance. If you need a hard copy of your result and certificate, printing services are available at your quarantine hotel.

To follow up on your request, you may call the BOQs landline at (02) 5318-7500, or through these mobile numbers: 0961-899-0779, 0951-210-8105, or 0926-629-0723.

20. Once cleared, you can call your relatives and respective Local Government Units (LGU) to pick you up or arrange for your transportation going home. Please complete your 14-day quarantine or self-isolation under the monitoring of your LGU and Barangay Health Emergency Response Teams (BHERT). 

Yeah... I don't even bother checking the requirements right now because my husband tested positive of covid. Although I tested negative, it's not a guarantee that I did not eventually get it since we really did not stay away from each other while he was recovering from it at home. He is ok now but we just want to be careful around people since we might still be a carrier.

There's a big chance that I will get my citizenship before I can go home. I think I will qualify to apply next year.

Edited by MarryMe987654

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

1 hour ago, MarryMe987654 said:

I envy y'all.

Before I left the Philippines in July 2019, I promised my family that I would be home every year.

We planned a trip in May 2020 but it did not happen because of the lockdown.

Father died in June 2020, a very close uncle died in October 2020--still can't go home.

My husband says that I can go home and stay for 3 months but I just can't be away from him that long.

In addition, I don't feel safe traveling yet.

And if we ever do travel together, we can only do it for a week because of work-- I would definitely do this option but then, we still don't feel safe traveling yet.

Oh well....

It's definitely hard. I feel for you. Maybe best to get vaccinated before you travel.

Edited by Adventine

I have 2 trips booked to Philippines, One in late May and one in October.

Pretty sure the May trip will get cancelled and rebooked, October is still up in the air.

For me as a US Citizen, there is no way I will enter the Philippines if they are doing a quarantine upon arrival or any city I may travel to will try to quarantine me.   There are way too many cooler places I can go to  easily and a lot quicker like Mexico and Central America and not have to deal with all the garbage and idiotic rules that have put on people in the Philippines.

I am hoping for a light at the end of the tunnel for all of us going through this awful time. My trip is booked for November 24 until January 3rd 2022, I had to kiss my wife and daughter good bye in January 2020, I can get a visa but getting around the quarantine in Manila then another quarantine when arriving on her island would be most of my vacation time.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this difficult time.  And I definitely feel your pain!  My fiancee and I have been trying to be together as a family for over 5 years now.  2020 was FINALLY going to be our year and we even had our interview in Feb of 2020.  And then the pandemic hit.  Now, with all of the unpredictable rules and travel restrictions, we may not even see each other again until 2022.

Anyway, I'm sorry you've gone through all of that distress of not being there for those difficult losses in your family. I hope you (and all of us!) are able to go back soon!

Joel

Please check out my music video for "Bright Side of the World", the song I wrote for my fiancee. You can watch the video on YouTube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKu3SvqCBfg

Thanks for listening! :)

Joel

My wife came here three months before you got here in the US. We had tickets for her to return April 2020 for a visit. Cancelled of course. She was initially afraid to fly alone but I convinced her she could do it. Hopefully she will be able to return later in the year for a visit of a month or so later this year. But who really knows. The best of luck to you...

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

My wife has exited and reentered the Philippines twice so far since the COVID lockdown and quarantine.  Once returning in August 2020 when there was still extreme hysteria and most travelers at NAIA were OFW's just trying to repatriate.  And once right at New Year’s literally within hours of the chaotic roll out of the super instant "new strain" quarantine rules.  But we have learned just roll with it, plan the best you can and the quarantine rules are not that impossible to deal with.  Any required domestic travel would be much more difficult than the international arrival. Trying to go anywhere within car range of Manila is not a big problem.  If you have a Philippine passport and want to go there, it is a manageable endeavor.  In April my wife will be returning to the Philippines for the third time under quarantine.  The reality on the ground now seems to be, you are sitting in a hotel room for a week ordering your meals from Food Panda or Grab Food.  Quarantine at an ok but not fancy hotel like Red Planet in Makati is P1,400/night so for 7 days its P10,000 plus P4,000 for the PCR test.  Quarantine effectively adds like $280 cost to the process and wastes a week of time for those with a Philippine Passport.  Which is not fun, but it is not like an impossible barrier either.  Those trying to make it to some provinces have much more difficulties though that is improving too.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

4 minutes ago, top_secret said:

The reality on the ground now seems to be, you are sitting in a hotel room for a week ordering your meals from Food Panda or Grab Food.  Quarantine at an ok but not fancy hotel like Red Planet in Makati is P1,400/night so for 7 days its P10,000 plus P4,000 for the PCR test.  Quarantine effectively adds like $280 cost to the process and wastes a week of time for those with a Philippine Passport.  Which is not fun, but it is not like an impossible barrier either.  Those trying to make it to some provinces have much more difficulties though that is improving too.

I agree with your assessment - my PH exit experience was smooth and I don't expect any problems returning to Manila.

I'll be in quarantine at Red Planet Makati soon and the fine print now says that food delivery services like Grab and Food Panda are not allowed. I'll have to use the hotel's meal service at 600/day. A little bit more of a hassle, but the trip has been worth it.

3 minutes ago, Adventine said:

the fine print now says that food delivery services like Grab and Food Panda are not allowed

Thanks for pointing that out.  I wonder if that is hotel policy or an actual new rule?  In August my wife quarantined 3 days in a GoHotel's and they were strict about her staying in her room but would bring food deliveries from Food Panda or Grab food to her door at specific designated times of the day.  By the end of December she quarantined at a Zen Room's Hotel and whenever Food Panda delivered anything they just called her room and had her come down to the lobby and pick it up.  Which seemed kinda un-quarantine-like but was very convenient for her.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.

11 minutes ago, top_secret said:

Thanks for pointing that out.  I wonder if that is hotel policy or an actual new rule?  In August my wife quarantined 3 days in a GoHotel's and they were strict about her staying in her room but would bring food deliveries from Food Panda or Grab food to her door at specific designated times of the day.  By the end of December she quarantined at a Zen Room's Hotel and whenever Food Panda delivered anything they just called her room and had her come down to the lobby and pick it up.  Which seemed kinda un-quarantine-like but was very convenient for her.

It seems Red Planet-specific. Here's the screenshot with their rules.

Screenshot_2021-03-13-17-44-33-602_com.google.android.gm.jpg

Good catch.  That may be enough to consider a different hotel.  I'll mention that to my wife because I'm sure she did not notice that detail.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

1 hour ago, top_secret said:

Good catch.  That may be enough to consider a different hotel.  I'll mention that to my wife because I'm sure she did not notice that detail.

Yes I can confirm that the restrictions on food delivery are hotel specific. Some allow it while others don’t.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.