Tio

I-751: Some Questions/Concerns

51 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Gibus said:

I want to add something, because I didn't know about it when I moved.

Don't forget to notify USCIS of your change of address within 10 days of your moving! 

https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

Yes! I'm fully aware of this. We did it last time when we moved to the current address right now.

I was told that when I sent in the form, I should put the soon-to-be new address on it. Even if I do that, do I still gotta let them know through the website? That's what's confusing right now. We also will not have anything with the new address on it -- except the lease itself -- because it takes time for systems/agencies to update the address on a document and for us to get a copy returned.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Tio said:

Yea, we have that; however, as I mentioned earlier, we are in the process of moving out to a new apartment so we are just waiting for the new lease so that we can add it to the package. This means that our IDs will NOT show the soon-to-be new address due to the fact that it takes weeks for DMV to send us a copy and I do not want to waste those weeks waiting for it. That's why I asked before if that were to be fine? As in, should I add a little note to our copies saying that I requested the new address but it will not come soon enough? I want this process to commence as soon as possible. Do you think that the new apartment lease is good enough to prove to them why the address aren't yet the same?

Also, we were waiting for the 2020 taxes, which we will complete today :).

So do two things:
1. Send old ID's that show you both live at the same address

2. Send new lease with both of your names on it.

No need to wait for 2020 taxes...they aren't due until April so there's no expectation they'll be included.  Also tax transcripts are way more valuable than tax.

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

2 minutes ago, AstroCanada said:

So do two things:

No need to wait for 2020 taxes...they aren't due until April so there's no expectation they'll be included.  Also tax transcripts are way more valuable than tax.

Correct: That's exactly what I am doing. Thanks for that :)!

Yea, I know they aren't due until April 15th, but considering that we still don't have the new lease -- we should have it within a week or two -- and since the first day to file taxes is today, Friday February 12th, I do not think it hurts to include the latest taxes after we file them. With this, we will have tax returns for 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, Tio said:

Yes! I'm fully aware of this. We did it last time when we moved to the current address right now.

I was told that when I sent in the form, I should put the soon-to-be new address on it. Even if I do that, do I still gotta let them know through the website? That's what's confusing right now. We also will not have anything with the new address on it -- except the lease itself -- because it takes time for systems/agencies to update the address on a document and for us to get a copy returned.

Yes even if you put your new address in your application you need to update it on their website. As of not having documents with your new address it's not a big deal if you include the lease with the dates. They can understand you moved recently. Just use proofs of living together with your old address.

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, AstroCanada said:

So do two things:

I read somewhere that only the official tax transcript has a value to the USCIS, other tax documents don't matter to them.

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This isn't over after you send it in. After you send it, you need to keep at it and continue to collect and organize any new supporting documents until your interview date and bring it with you.  

Misty likely paper clips aren't  going to keep your hundreds pages together.   Others and myself punch holes at the top and use prong fasteners.

Every opportune moment or special events you are together take a picture for evidence.  Keep collecting those pics until the interview.   I personally don't trust usps and don't trust them even more after a certified letter still haven't been delivered after 2 weeks!  Pay extra to get it delivered by the other guys. 

Send both signed copies and irs tax transcripts just in case... 

Edited by poh

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-10-17, Approved!:D

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

Married:                      2018-1-8

SS Card Received:     2018-1-16

SS Application Sent(Name Change):  2018-1-17

AOS Application Sent:   2018-2-8

SS Card Received (Name Change):     2018-2-12

AOS Application Delivered:      2018-2-13

AOS Application Accepted:     2018-2-22

AOS NOA1 Received:       2018-2-26

AOS/EAP Biometrics NOA Received:   2018-3-2

AOS/EAP Biometrics Appointment:  2018-3-12

Interview Scheduled:       2018-7-6  

EAP/AP Card Received:    2018-7-19

Original interview Date :2018-8-24  (USCIS Rescheduled due to Hurricane):cry:

Rescheduled Interview Date :2018-10-2, Approved!!  :D

GC Received :             2018-10-18 :thumbs:

SS Card Update :         2018-10-19

SS Card Received:      2018-10-26

ROC

ROC Application Sent via FedEx:  2020-7-2

ROC Application Received :2020-7-6

Rec'ed Text, Case # Assigned : 2020-7-11

Check Cashed: 2020-7-13

NOA Received: 2020-7-22

Case Transferred : 2021-11-10

Biometrics Applied:. 2021-5-12😄

ROC Interview passed: : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400

Eligible to file for US Citizenship : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400 filed online : 2021-12-1🥳

Biometrics reused

Passed Interview  : 2022-4-27🥳

event.png

On 2/12/2021 at 5:42 PM, Gibus said:

I read somewhere that only the official tax transcript has a value to the USCIS, other tax documents don't matter to them.

Excuse my naiveness, but what exactly are tax transcripts and how do I get them? I thought that filling out the tax returns, getting a copy from, say, TurboTax, and sending that was sufficient? Or do I have it all wrong?

28 minutes ago, HRQX said:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Note that some have reported not passing the online verification system.

Thanks!

So, let me ask this, to see if I get it:

Instead of including my completed tax returns, I should request tax transcripts from the years that I have and include those with the application?

1 hour ago, HRQX said:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Note that some have reported not passing the online verification system.

Hi again!

I have gone ahead to create an account and it all worked fine. I selected "immigration" as the reason to download them and I was suggested to download the "Return Transcripts". I just did that for 2017, 2018 and 2019. I'm assuming 2020 will not be ready until we file our tax returns for them to process it. That will take a while so I am not including 2020. I hope that's enough.

All right, so I got new information:

I was just told that our apartment will be ready for us to move in on March 1st, 2021. With that being said, they will be providing us with the new lease either today or tomorrow. So, my question is:

Will it be fine for me to put the new address on the form? Also, even though we will not move in until March 1st, will that be OK? I know it currently takes about 6 weeks or so to get the NOA.

I'm asking because I want to send in the package no later than this week so that we gain some time. I do not want to wait until March 1st because that make me waste two weeks!

Edited by Tio

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Tio said:

Thanks!

So, let me ask this, to see if I get it:

Instead of including my completed tax returns, I should request tax transcripts from the years that I have and include those with the application?

They do not want the actual return. Only send transcripts

1 hour ago, Tio said:

Hi again!

I have gone ahead to create an account and it all worked fine. I selected "immigration" as the reason to download them and I was suggested to download the "Return Transcripts". I just did that for 2017, 2018 and 2019. I'm assuming 2020 will not be ready until we file our tax returns for them to process it. That will take a while so I am not including 2020. I hope that's enough.

2020 Tax filing deadline isn't until mid April. Unless they are done, they don't expect many to send them "this early". You're fine with 2017-2019

1 hour ago, Tio said:

All right, so I got new information:

I was just told that our apartment will be ready for us to move in on March 1st, 2021. With that being said, they will be providing us with the new lease either today or tomorrow. So, my question is:

Will it be fine for me to put the new address on the form? Also, even though we will not move in until March 1st, will that be OK? I know it currently takes about 6 weeks or so to get the NOA.

I'm asking because I want to send in the package no later than this week so that we gain some time. I do not want to wait until March 1st because that make me waste two weeks!

That's a tough one for me. It seems like it would make sense to use the new lease with both names, but if the date of the lease isn't until March 1st, I would almost wait until THAT day to mail the packet. That's just me. I would hate for such a good piece of evidence not be accepted since the date hasn't arrived when the packet is mailed. 

6 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

They do not want the actual return. Only send transcripts

2020 Tax filing deadline isn't until mid April. Unless they are done, they don't expect many to send them "this early". You're fine with 2017-2019

That's a tough one for me. It seems like it would make sense to use the new lease with both names, but if the date of the lease isn't until March 1st, I would almost wait until THAT day to mail the packet. That's just me. I would hate for such a good piece of evidence not be accepted since the date hasn't arrived when the packet is mailed. 

Well, the lease was made today, February 16th, 2021; however, the apartment is still being worked on/renovated so we cannot move until March 1st, 2021. The lease commences on March 1st, 2021. That's when we start our tenancy there. I already got the new lease with me, signed and everything. 

Let's see what other people say. I mean, you cannot move in to an apartment in a day because it takes time to move our stuff, get new appliances, etc. So, with that being said, I signed all the papers today, got the new lease with both of our names and all.

So, is this OK to send with the package right now even though we do not move in until March 1st, 2021, when the new lease commences? I think it's a waste of two weeks for me to wait for March 1st, 2021 to send in the package. Papers are signed and all. First month of rent and security have been paid. We just start on March 1st, 2021.

Please let me know what you guys think. I think it should be fine considering that it's obvious that you cannot simply move into an apartment in a day...

Edited by Tio

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.