Tio

I-751: Some Questions/Concerns

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Tio said:

1. Amazon Membership showing both of our names.

2. Bjs Membership showing both of our names.

3. Costco Membership showing both of our names.

4. Health insurance showing both of our names.

5. Car insurance showing both of our names.

6. T-Mobile account showing both of our names.

7. Bank statements from our joint account.

8. Tax returns from 2018, 2019 and soon 2020.

9. The new lease agreement with both of our names that will be provided to us within a week or two.

10. Obviously, pictures from our time together: vacation, family gatherings, alone time, etc.

I annotated your list by striking through weak bits of evidence and bolding strong bits.  The joint memberships are irrelevant.  Stick to real substantial evidence of cohabitation and financial commingling.  Things that show you have joint finances are show that you're at the same address.  

Pictures are very much secondary at this phase (although we included a few).  Stronger would be plane tickets that show you two traveling together on the same reservation. 

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

We didn’t include any pictures. I don’t believe that’s a requirement. Best of luck to you. 

14 hours ago, AstroCanada said:

I annotated your list by striking through weak bits of evidence and bolding strong bits.  The joint memberships are irrelevant.  Stick to real substantial evidence of cohabitation and financial commingling.  Things that show you have joint finances are show that you're at the same address.  

Pictures are very much secondary at this phase (although we included a few).  Stronger would be plane tickets that show you two traveling together on the same reservation. 

Thanks for this. I will keep it in mind. We only really traveled in 2019 to the same location, but we had different plane tickets because my vacations weren't approved until last minute. We did travel to the same location and spent time together. We just had different plane tickets. She left a day after and came a day earlier than me.

9 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

We didn’t include any pictures. I don’t believe that’s a requirement. Best of luck to you. 

Ah, good to know. To be honest, let me tell you this: we had a WHOLE album during the first interview for AOS and the person did NOT want to see them! We spent days getting those ready lol and they didn't look at it. So, taking that into account, I believe it'd be appropriate to at least include a few within this package?

Thanks, all!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Tio said:

Ah, good to know. To be honest, let me tell you this: we had a WHOLE album during the first interview for AOS and the person did NOT want to see them! We spent days getting those ready lol and they didn't look at it. So, taking that into account, I believe it'd be appropriate to at least include a few within this package?

Thanks, all!

Interesting. At my husbands AOS interview, our officer went through the new pictures and took out a few and gave back the rest. On this ROC, we Included 20 pics (with names and locations) through word doc, and will bring the real pics if an interview is needed. Our "evidence" as I mentioned is light, so pictures going places and meeting with friends is good to include 

1 hour ago, Tio said:

Thanks, all!

Oh yeah same. We bought a nice large photo album and I prepped it (hand-wrote details like people, dates, event, location etc on the back of all photos). We also brought a giant binder full of our paperwork. First, our interview was 3.5 hours past the scheduled time (don't ask me why...). And then the IO never asked to look at any of our extra stuff. Photos for ROC are really really secondary. They're more suitable for AOS since that's generally the first major step in proving a real relationship. I wouldn't sweat it if you decide to exclude photos for ROC.

9 hours ago, tab0712 said:

Interesting. At my husbands AOS interview, our officer went through the new pictures and took out a few and gave back the rest. On this ROC, we Included 20 pics (with names and locations) through word doc, and will bring the real pics if an interview is needed. Our "evidence" as I mentioned is light, so pictures going places and meeting with friends is good to include 

We had to wait a few hours for the interview and once we got in, he was very nice and wanted to let us go promptly. I guess that’s why he didn’t look at it. We had (still do) an album with over 200 pictures lol

9 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

Oh yeah same. We bought a nice large photo album and I prepped it (hand-wrote details like people, dates, event, location etc on the back of all photos). We also brought a giant binder full of our paperwork. First, our interview was 3.5 hours past the scheduled time (don't ask me why...). And then the IO never asked to look at any of our extra stuff. Photos for ROC are really really secondary. They're more suitable for AOS since that's generally the first major step in proving a real relationship. I wouldn't sweat it if you decide to exclude photos for ROC.

Yea, I know. I’d just include a few, then :).

So, I just found our tax return from 2017, so now I will have 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.

As for more evidence, I found her transcript and mine that shows that we took clases together in the same college. I also have emails from the professor where our names and email addresses are mentioned. Do you believe I should also include that?

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Tio said:

Yea, I know. I’d just include a few, then :).

So, I just found our tax return from 2017, so now I will have 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.

As for more evidence, I found her transcript and mine that shows that we took clases together in the same college. I also have emails from the professor where our names and email addresses are mentioned. Do you believe I should also include that?

Tax returns are solid evidence of financial commingling.   Emails from a past professor are most definitely not.  Including tons of weak evidence like that just detracts from the strong pieces.

Edited by AstroCanada
I-130

NVC

Removing Conditions

N-400

14 hours ago, AstroCanada said:

Tax returns are solid evidence of financial commingling.   Emails from a past professor are most definitely not.  Including tons of weak evidence like that just detracts from the strong pieces.

Ah, perfect. That's why I came here to ask. Thanks for that!

Yes, we currently have: 2017, 2018, 2019 and soon 2020 as of February 12th :).

One more question and sorry if it's obvious, but I want to make sure:

Do I have to add copies of our birth certificates like we did the first time during the AOS? Or do we just send copies of our IDs, marriage certificate, Social Security card? If not, what has to be included?

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I rather be obvious than negligent.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Tio said:

Do I have to add copies of our birth certificates like we did the first time during the AOS? Or do we just send copies of our IDs, marriage certificate, Social Security card? If not, what has to be included?

Thanks!

I sent in a copy of his Green Card, both of our Drivers License's. It never mentioned passport, ss card Birth certificate or marriage certificate on USCIS website for ROC evidence. But you can send in as much as you want. More is better then less. 

Timeline
On 2/10/2021 at 12:56 PM, Tio said:

Thanks!

No to pretty much all of that.  The only thing you might include is copies of your ID's that show the same address for cohabitation

I-130

NVC

Removing Conditions

N-400

38 minutes ago, AstroCanada said:

No to pretty much all of that.  The only thing you might include is copies of your ID's that show the same address for cohabitation

Yea, we have that; however, as I mentioned earlier, we are in the process of moving out to a new apartment so we are just waiting for the new lease so that we can add it to the package. This means that our IDs will NOT show the soon-to-be new address due to the fact that it takes weeks for DMV to send us a copy and I do not want to waste those weeks waiting for it. That's why I asked before if that were to be fine? As in, should I add a little note to our copies saying that I requested the new address but it will not come soon enough? I want this process to commence as soon as possible. Do you think that the new apartment lease is good enough to prove to them why the address aren't yet the same?

Also, we were waiting for the 2020 taxes, which we will complete today :).

Edited by Tio

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I want to add something, because I didn't know about it when I moved.

Don't forget to notify USCIS of your change of address within 10 days of your moving! 

https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.