Lotherest

CEAC Expired

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just checked the CEAC website and it says that our K1 is expired. However, we were not able to schedule an interview since the approval in March due to Covid. 

I am worried because it says that they destroyed our Petition. See below:

You have been notified that your registration for an immigrant visa was cancelled, and any petition approved on your behalf was also cancelled. We informed you that your application might be reinstated if, within one year, you could establish that your failure to pursue your immigrant visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control.

Since you have failed to do so, the record of your registration and any petition approved on your behalf and all supporting documents have been destroyed; any Department of Labor certification has been returned to your prospective employer.

If you are still interested in obtaining an immigrant visa, the petitioner should contact the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Office of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regarding filing a new immigrant visa petition.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

It will be extended when they look at your case again, don’t worry.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
32 minutes ago, NancyNguyen said:

Thanks for the reassurance. This whole process is making me nervous especially with Covid-19 thrown into it. We have been waiting since March 2020 for interviews to open up.

5 minutes ago, Lotherest said:

Thanks for the reassurance. This whole process is making me nervous especially with Covid-19 thrown into it. We have been waiting since March 2020 for interviews to open up.

If your case is already at USEM, you may just want to send them a quick email with your MNL number stating that your case is still active and you still plan on getting married.  I was sending updates every 3 months just to dot my i's and cross my t's.  As @NancyNguyensays, it will be extended as many are in the same position, but it doesnt hurt to just send an email.  Dont expect a reply back, its just for documentation purposes.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Timeline
5 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

If your case is already at USEM, you may just want to send them a quick email with your MNL number stating that your case is still active and you still plan on getting married.  I was sending updates every 3 months just to dot my i's and cross my t's.  As @NancyNguyensays, it will be extended as many are in the same position, but it doesnt hurt to just send an email.  Dont expect a reply back, its just for documentation purposes.

Another Question. Did you receive anything from the embassy as to scheduling a medical or procedures for scheduling an interview? The last document I received was that NVC forwarded the Petition to USEM.

2 hours ago, Lotherest said:

Another Question. Did you receive anything from the embassy as to scheduling a medical or procedures for scheduling an interview? The last document I received was that NVC forwarded the Petition to USEM.

The Embassy had drafted a letter on February 24, 2020 and mailed it to my fiance address stating that we could proceed to schedule an interview.  We didnt receive that letter until mid-March and at that time you could schedule the interview for the next day if you wanted.  However we had not done the medical yet and just a few days later is when the embassy shut down.  However the process I listed now is no longer in place.  I believe once the embassy starts regular processing they will reach out to you but its best to follow them on their facebook page for the latest details on when this may happen.  I wouldnt do the medical before then as it expires within 6 months. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hello,

We are in the same boat. The London embassy closed days after receiving the letter and completing the DS-160 and couldn’t get any appointments scheduled.

However, the CEAC status says expired exactly as above, but no communication was forthcoming beforehand.

I have sent an email to the embassy, but it’s not as if they provide frequent updates!

On 2/2/2021 at 9:55 AM, NancyNguyen said:

How do you know? Is there like some source you can provide for reference? I know the MRV receipt was extended till 12/31/21 but, have you read something? Sorry, but I’m in the same situation and have called and emailed the embassy, NVC, and USCIS with no luck. The only person I spoke to was a representative from US travel doc who stated she would escalate it to the embassy and that as of right now I wouldn’t be able to schedule an interview because of my CEAC status. Deep down I’m sure they’ll fix it but, I just want to be assured. 

On 2/2/2021 at 9:00 AM, Lotherest said:

I just checked the CEAC website and it says that our K1 is expired. However, we were not able to schedule an interview since the approval in March due to Covid. 

You have been notified that your registration for an immigrant visa was cancelled, and any petition approved on your behalf was also cancelled. We informed you that your application might be reinstated if, within one year, you could establish that your failure to pursue your immigrant visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control.

Since you have failed to do so, the record of your registration and any petition approved on your behalf and all supporting documents have been destroyed; any Department of Labor certification has been returned to your prospective employer.

If you are still interested in obtaining an immigrant visa, the petitioner should contact the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Office of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regarding filing a new immigrant visa petition.

Any update? I’m going through the same situation. 

Timeline
On 2/2/2021 at 12:29 PM, Lotherest said:

We have about the same timeline. Also been waiting since March 2020.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/3/2021 at 1:00 AM, Lotherest said:

Any update on this? Did US Embassy change your status? I want to know because our visa status says "Expiring Soon".

21 hours ago, Immigirl22 said:

Any update on this? Did US Embassy change your status? I want to know because our visa status says "Expiring Soon".

Last response I received from the Embassy was that the day of my interview a consular officer will revalidate my petition & to wait for them to contact me once an appointment is available. Have you tried contacting the embassy? 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I think we're somehow in this same camp. I checked the CEAC site a few days ago and it showed our visa application had expired(???). I was stunned. I never received a word; No email. Nothing. We had an interview appointment scheduled in Manila in March 2020, then COVID hit and shut down everything. We've been waiting patiently for a year and then out of nowhere they say the visa is expired. Over the past few days I've sent three emails and made four phone calls. I just got an email telling me to check the site that we have a new status and I was confident the visa was likely reinstated. Instead it still displays EXPIRED, however, now it also states that "all supporting documents have been destroyed."

From above posts maybe all hope is not lost, but I'm absolutely at my wits end. We've been on hold since I proposed in September 2019.

Today is a holiday and I can't even contact anyone. It's the worst holiday I'll ever experience thinking that this may require a do-over. I'm absolutely heartbroken. I don't even know how to inform my fiancé. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.