thine

N-400 April 2021 Filers (edited title)

407 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

I am working on my N-400 and am on the part about time outside the US for the last 5 years. I have only been here for 3years so do I put all the time I was not in the US before I entered? Also while we were in Macedonia we did a road trip through the balkans, I am thinking I need to add each of those countries too. Last questions is in 2016 I was working on a cruise ship, thats how we met, how on earth do I add those places.... 

3 hours ago, Daneandkathy said:

I am working on my N-400 and am on the part about time outside the US for the last 5 years. I have only been here for 3years so do I put all the time I was not in the US before I entered? Also while we were in Macedonia we did a road trip through the balkans, I am thinking I need to add each of those countries too. Last questions is in 2016 I was working on a cruise ship, thats how we met, how on earth do I add those places.... 

I don’t think I went that far back... I only counted the trips outside the US since being here- I think it’s for tax purposes. I could be wrong and now getting anxious about this  😂 I mean in the places I’ve lived-I lived at home before moving to the US so that could justify it... oh boy feeling nervous now 😬

Edited by Sarah_k92

Timeline
Just now, Sarah_k92 said:

I don’t think I went that far back... I only counted the trips outside the US since being here- I think it’s for tax purposes. I could be wrong and now getting anxious about this 😂 

Don't want to make you anxious but it does seem weird to add dates of places he was in before we were even married or even met... but who knows. I will try my best to put as many as I can. I just have no idea what to do about the time we were on the cruise ship, its not like we had our passport stamped at each port.... almost there with documents, trying to think of something to include in the extra evidence section

3 minutes ago, Daneandkathy said:

Don't want to make you anxious but it does seem weird to add dates of places he was in before we were even married or even met... but who knows. I will try my best to put as many as I can. I just have no idea what to do about the time we were on the cruise ship, its not like we had our passport stamped at each port.... almost there with documents, trying to think of something to include in the extra evidence section

I just re read the instructions and I took it as if you were living in the United States. Like of course we were out of the states lmao we we’re trying to get in at that point. I wouldn’t stress too much about it... do your best! Not much I can do to change that now ffs! 

Timeline

What did everyone put in for Extra evidence? I can't really think of anything so I put a cover letter explaining all the other evidence. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, Daneandkathy said:

What did everyone put in for Extra evidence? I can't really think of anything so I put a cover letter explaining all the other evidence. 

Is there a tab called "Extra Evidences"? I only have additional Evidences after the specific ones they asked for?  

Timeline
9 hours ago, manoni said:

Is there a tab called "Extra Evidences"? I only have additional Evidences after the specific ones they asked for?  

Sorry I meant "additional evidence" I forgot what it was called exactly the minute I started writing the post. What did you put in for it?

15 hours ago, Daneandkathy said:

I just added extra bills like phones, storage unit payments and bills in our names from different residences we lived in together. Just things that show we both lived together. I didn’t add photos ect. You don’t have to add anything there if you don’t have anything else. 

Edited by Sarah_k92

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Sarah_k92 said:

I just added extra bills like phones, storage unit payments and bills in our names from different residences we lived in together. Just things that show we both lived together. I didn’t add photos ect. You don’t have to add anything there if you don’t have anything else. 

I am confused now, isn't the additional evidences where we upload all the marital evidences like " Leases, bank account statements, insurances,utility bills, etc.....? 

1 hour ago, manoni said:

I am confused now, isn't the additional evidences where we upload all the marital evidences like " Leases, bank account statements, insurances,utility bills, etc.....? 

So this happened to me! I ended up deleting it all from additional evidence and starting again. There was a box above “additional evidence” for marriage evidence which listed leases, bank accounts, IRS transcripts( I didn’t do this as I put all our taxes above) and then there is a additional evidence section for anything else that could support your application. I’m not sure if I originally skipped it or it was added?? Probably skipped it 😂

Edited by Sarah_k92

Timeline
2 hours ago, manoni said:

The first section says evidence and the next one was additional evidence. The first section I put all the taxes, leases, insurance etc.. like it gave in the example. I tried to skip the additional evidence section and it brought up a warning saying there should be evidence in that section but I don't have anything (still looking for options) so I wrote a basic cover letter and put it in, then it let me move on to the next section without a warning, the review section. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Sarah_k92 said:

So this happened to me! I ended up deleting it all from additional evidence and starting again. There was a box above “additional evidence” for marriage evidence which listed leases, bank accounts, IRS transcripts( I didn’t do this as I put all our taxes above) and then there is a additional evidence section for anything else that could support your application. I’m not sure if I originally skipped it or it was added?? Probably skipped it 😂

Now am worried Lol I went back to check if I missed where it says marriage evidences, and nothing! it goes like the following:

Required evidences which include Marriage certificate and green card coppies.

Additional Evidences:

Tax documents.

Any ended previous marriages documents Like divorce Decree

then followed immediately  by Additional evidences that you might want to add

I could not see any marriage evidences 

anyone else has it in this sequence?

Timeline

Sorry for the confusion I may have started, here is what it says on my online process:

If you click the EVIDENCE tab at the top it asks for

- your permanent residence card

- your marriage certificate

NEXT

- Tax documents for 3 years

- Evidence of your current spouse's citizenship

- Evidence of your marriage

- Additional evidence you want to provide (this is the section I was asking about)

NEXT

Review Application

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Daneandkathy said:

Sorry for the confusion I may have started, here is what it says on my online process:

If you click the EVIDENCE tab at the top it asks for

- your permanent residence card

- your marriage certificate

NEXT

- Tax documents for 3 years

- Evidence of your current spouse's citizenship 

- Evidence of your marriage

- Additional evidence you want to provide (this is the section I was asking about)

NEXT

Review Application

So I don't have the above 2 i marked in red,

I have instead " Evidences of the end of your previous marriages in 2 parts, one for me and one for my spouse.

I wonder if this is included only if you have previous marriages?!

so i included all our marriage evidences under additional evidence !

Hope someone else will comment to see what they have!

Timeline

It must be if you were previously married they have those other titles. In mine it listed all the suggested evidence like bank statements, leases, insurance under the "evidence of your marriage" section so I put all of that in there. I am still looking for something else to add to the additional section. I think as long as it is there it is all good. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.