thine

N-400 April 2021 Filers (edited title)

407 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 7/16/2021 at 11:54 AM, rizvi252 said:

Had my interview today at Oakland park, and had the oath same day. 

Applied - 04/04/21

Biometrics reuse - 04/04

Interview and Oath  - 07/16

No documents asked other than PR, ID and passport. 

Hoping everyone gets their soon too. 

Did you have to turn in your Indian passport as well?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, spicyguy said:

Did you have to turn in your Indian passport as well?

No they give back the passport, ID and PR during the interview. Only thing they take is the Green card during the oath. 

Once we get the US passport, then we need to turn in our Indian passport to the vfs Indian consular application center and get the renunciation certificate and cancellation of the passport. Thats the different process we have to do.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, rizvi252 said:

No they give back the passport, ID and PR during the interview. Only thing they take is the Green card during the oath. 

Once we get the US passport, then we need to turn in our Indian passport to the vfs Indian consular application center and get the renunciation certificate and cancellation of the passport. Thats the different process we have to do.

Gotcha! thanks buddy!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello,  I have a question as my N 400 interview is approaching on August 18, while my I 751 is still pending, how to make sure that they will adjudicate both cases on that day? 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/21/2021 at 1:14 PM, cadyinhaiti said:

My husband had his interview today. It was super quick, maybe 10-15 minutes at most. We are the Louisville field office. They asked him: 

Who was president during WW1?

How many justices on the Supreme Court?

Where is the Statue of Liberty?

Name 3 of the 13 original colonies  

Who signs bills into law? 

Name one of the tribes of American/Native Indians. 

He had to read: How many US senators are there. 
He had to write: There are one hundred US Senators. 

Hope that helps ease your minds that it can be quick and easy! He will hear in a few weeks about when his oath ceremony is.

The only downside was that I couldn’t go in with him because of Covid. Only people with appts can enter 😩

Good luck everyone!

Do they also ask if you know the meaning of some word on N400 form? E.g genocide etc?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
2 hours ago, thine said:

Do they also ask if you know the meaning of some word on N400 form? E.g genocide etc?

My friends mom was asked what genocide, jail and vote mean 

Timeline

Got a paper version of my interview today in the mail, so it took exactly a week from the day the scheduled to get in the mail, even though my online version was uploaded immediately after I got the notification on last Friday, so in case you guys are wondering (especially paper version N400 members) how long it takes for the letter to get home

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 7/22/2021 at 5:55 AM, thine said:

They didn't ask my husband anything like that.  They did ask him the questions that he already answered on the N400, like if he has ever been a member of a terrorist organization or communist party, etc.  

We got his letter for his oath ceremony on July 9 and it was scheduled for July 22.  We went to it last week and he was in there for about 30-45 minutes.  He said it took longer to check people in than it did for the actual ceremony.  I was not able to enter (covid protocols still in place) so I was sad about that, but glad that we have this all behind us.

Timeline
On 7/26/2021 at 10:59 AM, cadyinhaiti said:

They didn't ask my husband anything like that.  They did ask him the questions that he already answered on the N400, like if he has ever been a member of a terrorist organization or communist party, etc.  

We got his letter for his oath ceremony on July 9 and it was scheduled for July 22.  We went to it last week and he was in there for about 30-45 minutes.  He said it took longer to check people in than it did for the actual ceremony.  I was not able to enter (covid protocols still in place) so I was sad about that, but glad that we have this all behind us.

Congratulations 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/2/2021 at 9:46 PM, Christina Pizzuti said:

I thought of giving my update after my interview but I changed my mind :D

Here is my timeline. My first interview schedule was June 18th. Unfortunately, that is also the day President Biden declared a federal holiday. The local office tried to call me but my phone showed them as SCAM LIKELY 😂 so I did not pick it up  but they left a VM.

They called like 4pm a day  before my schedule. I got a slight anxiety that it will take them long time to get me a new one. Fortunately, I did not wait that long. So, my new schedule on the 27th.  Oh, they also reuse my biometrics.

image.png.fe9397ab088c17abfd4d8bcd87475fdb.png

AS for my I-751.. NADA! Zilch! Zero update from when they sent a notice that they are ready to schedule me for interview. I think they lost my papers.

image.thumb.png.328a51861707446c3d5eb5cd39efb84e.png

So, I was thinking of bringing the copy of the notices I received for I-751, or should I?

Also, in between all this, I got a new job and I had an issue with my I-9. I did not realized my SS has a restriction. I should have submitted a change of status request when I got my GC. It indicates that I only have a work permit not GC. To fix my I9 and so that I can get a paycheck, I submitted the notice of 18 extension of my gc and it worked. I guess the lesson is, check if your SS card has a note that says " Valid for work only with DSH Authorization". If yes and have no schedule of interview yet and planning to get a new job, I suggest to send in a COS request.

Anyway, wish me good luck and I will update you guys of my interview.

Hi you'll,

Here is my latest update.

July 27th: Interview day. Apparently, I should have gotten a call prior to this day that I have to bring my spouse to the interview because they will going to process my I-751 application first. Good thing I asked my husband to drive me that day  (1.5hrs drive and just so I can review the question on the road :) ).

They first refer to my I-751 application. I have to say my full name, address, sss #, phone #. And then the officer asked the two of us how did we met, etc. Essentially, the interview is a formality before we proceed with the N-400 interview, which at this point, they allowed my husband to stay in the room but he was warned not try to help me with the answers.

Reading/Writing: Read out loud a sentence (for the life of me I forgot what it is) and then write the same in the ipad.

I cant recall the questions but here are my answers that I can remember:

We the People

My state Capital

Name of Governor

Atlantic Ocean

And I forgot the rest waaaaa! That moment was a blur for me. I gotta have to ask my husband if he can recall the other questions.

Oh and they will asked the Yes or No questions in the application form. You know, those ridiculous questions :D 

Anyway, my oath taking is this 7/30 Friday, mainly because that is the regular schedule day for oath taking. I guess if my first schedule interview didn't get cancelled, I will have the oath taking the same day. 

Here is my N-400 timeline:

image.thumb.png.a21ec57c3e60e207c3eb6ad105bf8ef4.png

And my I-751:

image.thumb.png.a3ca71730ed815d0a452aa4207ce0de4.png

My next stop is getting a passport so I can visit my home country and updating my status in the Social Security. *phew*

Good luck to those who are waiting for the interview schedule. It will come, eventually, just hang in there.

ROC JOURNEY

02/13/20  --- ROC packet sent  

02/18/20  --- ROC packet received Texas Day 0

02/21/20  --- SMS notice received EAC (Vermont)  Day 3

02/26/20  --- NOA 1 received - Extension Letter  Day 8

03/16/20  --- NOA 2 received dated 03/06/20- Biometrics schedule  Day 27

11/05/20  --- Notice of transfer of case to NBC  Day 261

02/26/21  --- Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview  Day 374

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/3/2021 at 7:48 AM, Sarah_k92 said:

What is a COS request and what is the process for that? Mine also says this on SS card. I’m not planning to change my job anytime soon but what an inconvenience 🙄😭

COS is Change of Status request. Try to click this link if it will work in your end. https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ss-5.pdf

This is the part that needs to be updated in their system. Otherwise, if and when I get a new job or a 2nd job, I wont get flagged when the employer enter my SS# in the system.

image.png.763691667acf3c1e140427fa2c1092a7.png

Edited by Christina Pizzuti

ROC JOURNEY

02/13/20  --- ROC packet sent  

02/18/20  --- ROC packet received Texas Day 0

02/21/20  --- SMS notice received EAC (Vermont)  Day 3

02/26/20  --- NOA 1 received - Extension Letter  Day 8

03/16/20  --- NOA 2 received dated 03/06/20- Biometrics schedule  Day 27

11/05/20  --- Notice of transfer of case to NBC  Day 261

02/26/21  --- Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview  Day 374

Timeline
6 hours ago, Savva said:

Hey!!! Congratulations! Did you do oath right after? Congratulations again!

No, the officer told me I am getting a mail for oath ceremony schedule

Timeline
4 minutes ago, thine said:

No, the officer told me I am getting a mail for oath ceremony schedule

Got it! Thank you so much for getting back to me and congratulations again!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.