December 2020 Filers - AOS

182 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, hlynnf23 said:

Update: 

6/15/21 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 

7/1/21 Interview was scheduled. 

We are in shock! 

1 hour ago, muisti said:

Same!!! My interview was scheduled today in Detroit, too (PD Dec 17). I talked to a live agent and found out it's scheduled for August 5

holy ####### us too, I can't believe how fast this has happened (PD: 12/09/21). Not sure what the interview date is yet though, I wonder if talking to a live agent tomorrow will give them enough time to update their systems to let us know

On 5/18/2021 at 8:31 AM, flamboyant said:

Hi all,

I just wanted to share some good news / update on my case. We had our AOS interview yesterday at Chicago Office and have been verbally approved. It was short interview (10 min max). Waiting for case status to get updated.

Update:

EAD

06/10 - Expedite Request Received

06/24 - Expedite Request Approved

06/25 - New Card is Being Produced

06/28 - Case was Approved

06/30 - Card was mailed to me

07/01 - Received NOA in mail

Green Card 

05/17 - Interview (Verbal Approval)

07/01 - New Card is Being Produced

Yayyyy

I was finally able to find time to contact live chat and was told that my interview is on Aug 5th in the morning. Just got done with my i-693 today too. Now we just need to wait and prep for the interview 😃

1 minute ago, M_S said:

I was finally able to find time to contact live chat and was told that my interview is on Aug 5th in the morning. Just got done with my i-693 today too. Now we just need to wait and prep for the interview 😃

We have the interview on the same day, good luck!! And let's keep each other posted about how it went when we're done 😁 by the way, I've read that some people bring to the interview a copy of the entire application packet (stuff they've already submitted) in addition to the originals and the most recent docs (e.g. recent bank statements) -- is it really necessary to submit things we've already submitted? Will you be doing that?

2 hours ago, muisti said:

We have the interview on the same day, good luck!! And let's keep each other posted about how it went when we're done 😁 by the way, I've read that some people bring to the interview a copy of the entire application packet (stuff they've already submitted) in addition to the originals and the most recent docs (e.g. recent bank statements) -- is it really necessary to submit things we've already submitted? Will you be doing that?

Yeah, I've read that too. I honestly don't think I'm willing to print out my whole original application again (it was well over 300 pages AFAIR). I was just going to bring my originals, copies of the original documents, along with the recent bank statements/insurance/lease renewal/etc., and whatever else the interview notice tells us to bring. 

Someone else in this forum might be able to chime in and tell us if they think it's vital that we bring a whole another copy of our original application, but I hope not lol

On 7/7/2021 at 5:57 PM, muisti said:

On 7/7/2021 at 5:49 PM, M_S said:

Our notice came today, we are also August 5th in the afternoon!  

On 7/9/2021 at 3:42 PM, hlynnf23 said:

Our notice came today, we are also August 5th in the afternoon!  

Awesome! Our notice came in the mail on Friday too. Best of luck to all of us! 

Btw there do seem to be a bunch of stuff that we need to be bringing to the interview according to the notice. So much paper being used just for one day. Wish there was a better way 😅

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

UPDATE!!

Hey! I know this is a December only group but I would like to share my timeline with you all. I tried to send everything on December 2020 and I think it got lost because I never received a confirmation from USCIS or the LockBox so I sent it again on January the 4th 2021.

Our journey so far for concurrent filing of I-130 & I-485 with I-765 & I-131:

Current Visa: B2

ASC: Baltimore, MD

Priority Date: 01/07/2021

01/04/2021: Sent packet via USPS

01/07/2021: Chicago Lockbox received the packet 

01/13/2021: Received text messages for all forms (I-130, I-765, I-131, I-485) and CC charged for $1225.00 and $535.00

01/15/2021: Received all letters in the mail and used I-485 to get a drivers license at the MVA. (worked just fine)

01/30/2021: Received Biometrics appointment letter for 02/26/2021

02/26/2021: Biometrics done and case was updated to "Show fingerprints were taken".

04/27/2021: EAD and AP approved. New card is being produced. SAME DAY.

04/28/2021: Deficiency for I693.

07/09/2021: Interview was scheduled. (Waiting for notice in the mail)

Very fast!! Hang in there guys

Hope this will help all of you.

10 minutes ago, Christian Alvarad said:

UPDATE!!

07/09/2021: Interview was scheduled. (Waiting for notice in the mail)

Congrats! It’s such a relief!?

yes, lots of people seem to have got their interview notice recently so things must be speeding up thankfully!

On 7/7/2021 at 8:54 PM, M_S said:

Yeah, I've read that too. I honestly don't think I'm willing to print out my whole original application again (it was well over 300 pages AFAIR). I was just going to bring my originals, copies of the original documents, along with the recent bank statements/insurance/lease renewal/etc., and whatever else the interview notice tells us to bring. 

Someone else in this forum might be able to chime in and tell us if they think it's vital that we bring a whole another copy of our original application, but I hope not lol

@M_S we brought a copy of everything we submitted. We made 3 copies of everything as well as 3 copies of updated evidence. I had a stack, my spouse the second and our lawyer the third. Call me overly cautious but that's what we did. We were not about to leave it up to USCIS to say "oops we do not know where your stuff is".

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

1 hour ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

@M_S we brought a copy of everything we submitted. We made 3 copies of everything as well as 3 copies of updated evidence. I had a stack, my spouse the second and our lawyer the third. Call me overly cautious but that's what we did. We were not about to leave it up to USCIS to say "oops we do not know where your stuff is".

And were you asked (during the interview) to provide any of the documents and copies you had already submitted? 

2 minutes ago, muisti said:

And were you asked (during the interview) to provide any of the documents and copies you had already submitted? 

That's not the point, though. The point is that the interview letter says "do x and bring z". So we did that. That's it. It's entirely up to you. 

At one point the officer did say "I can't find your tax returns". I said "which ones, I have a copy of all of them right here". Then, he found them. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Hi everyone, just wanted share my timeline for concurrent filing of marriage based AOS and EAD

Even though USCIS received the package on Nov 16, 2020, the NOA wasn't until Dec 23, 2020.

Local office: Santa Ana, CA

For AOS:

Date Received: 11/16/2020

NOA Date: 12/23/2020

RFE: 3/23/2020

Bio appt: 7/30/2021

So glad the Bio appt came in!

But now anxious about how much more longer it'll take to get the interview.  

Nothing different for EAD, same dates, just no RFE. I think I need to wait for the bio appt before I get approved for EAD, which is actually just a renewal.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
34 minutes ago, 1CoolDog said:

But now anxious about how much more longer it'll take to get the interview.  

Seems a lot of people get their interview scheduled a week after bio. We did our bio June 11th and have heard nothing since. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.