jindogae

What do you look forward to/love the most in America?

36 posts in this topic

I am at that point in the AOS wait where everything is boring - plus with a cold winter (for me) and pandemic on top I haven't been able to do anything. I am also from Australia so my quality of life hasn't improved by moving here or anything like it would if I came from a different country.

BUT I love that I am here with my husband. No more 16 hour time difference. It is amazing. I love how cheap houses are where I am and once I can get a job we can use our deposit to buy our own. Even though the healthcare is expensive; I have enjoyed the level of care I have received as a pregnant woman. Everyone is super friendly. Central heating is amazing too!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife so far likes everything here in the month she has been here, she doesn't like the driving culture though. The fact that we have to get in a car almost every day is shocking for her coming from a big city in Ukraine. 

However she loves the supermarkets, the beautiful nature, lack of trash in the wilderness, how friendly people are to her and how curious people are to her while she is pushing the baby around in the stroller. She also gets a lot of kind comments about her accent in English.

I think she likes America more than I do 😂

24 minutes ago, USAUAinCZ said:

My wife so far likes everything here in the month she has been here, she doesn't like the driving culture though. The fact that we have to get in a car almost every day is shocking for her coming from a big city in Ukraine. 

However she loves the supermarkets, the beautiful nature, lack of trash in the wilderness, how friendly people are to her and how curious people are to her while she is pushing the baby around in the stroller. She also gets a lot of kind comments about her accent in English.

I think she likes America more than I do 😂

I'm curious where you are. Here in SoCal people are almost afraid to ask me where I'm from and only do it after a while. No one ever mentions my accent in any context. But accents are extremely common here, SoCal is very diverse and Orange County in particular is full of immigrants. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

I'm curious where you are. Here in SoCal people are almost afraid to ask me where I'm from and only do it after a while. No one ever mentions my accent in any context. But accents are extremely common here, SoCal is very diverse and Orange County in particular is full of immigrants. 

We live in rural upstate New York. Immigrants are common but they are usually much older than my wife who is only 30. So the fact that a young person would willingly move here is probably shocking for them 😅. Definitely nowhere close to as diverse as socal that is for sure lol. We both want to move to a city though so hopefully I can find a new job soon so we can move. 

6 minutes ago, USAUAinCZ said:

We live in rural upstate New York. Immigrants are common but they are usually much older than my wife who is only 30. So the fact that a young person would willingly move here is probably shocking for them 😅. Definitely nowhere close to as diverse as socal that is for sure lol. We both want to move to a city though so hopefully I can find a new job soon so we can move. 

I see. Yeah, quite a different experience for sure! If you move to NYC, she won't have to get in a car every time, which, for me personally, would be great! But it's not a cheap place to live. 

Edited by Orangesapples

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.