CanadaEx

Expiration of CR6-Spouse of a U.S.C Conditional Status

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, belinda63 said:

Under what category are you filing for naturalization? You have not been a permanent resident for five years. 

OP seems to be ignoring these questions...

Filed: Timeline

General FYI- When one files under the abuse waiver ROC (if the abuser spouse was an USC + abuse waiver ROC is approved) they can naturalize at 3 yrs. Its a provision of the VAWA Act policies which (in general) allows an abused spouse all the same immigration benefits w/o the abusers help. Their abuse waiver ROC + naturalization at 3 yr mark process will be the same as one who had jointly filed ROC and N400.  

Some of the dates in this thread were posted incorrectly causing a bit of confusion. From what I understand that was posted: the conditional GC was issued Jan 10 2017. The expiration date on the card should read Jan 10 2019. An abuse waiver ROC was since filed and a NOA extension was issued which has an expiration date of March 10 2021. @CanadaEx is concerned they will be out of status when the NOA expires and intends to travel. As explained by @Dashinka ones status does not expire and they need to obtain a i551 stamp for proof of status (for work and travel) if their process is still pending after the date on the extension letter.

• 1 year later...
Filed: TN Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello All,
Still expecting reply to my N400 application via WAVA.
"September 1, 2020 Case Was Received And A Receipt Notice Was Sent
 On September 1, 2020, we received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number Xxxxxxxxxxx, and sent you a receipt notice or acceptance notice.
 Biometric Reuse    December 14, 2020. 

Question, Should I contact my congress man office to help look into this? In February, I went to my local USCIS to get i551 stamp.

Also, I just recently defended my PhD thesis. Hence I am now a Doctor of Clinical Psychology as of March, 2022. Should I send the notice of completion of degree to USCIS?
Thanks for your advise as always.
CanadaEx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It won't hurt to put in a Congressional inquiry.

It's unclear why USCIS would be interested in your degree, but congratulations on successfully defending your dissertation in a challenging field!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: TN Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Folks, 

I finally got notice of interview for my N400 application via WAVA. Please read below:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You are notified to appear before a USCIS officer regarding the application identified above at the date, time, and place indicated above. Failure to appear for the scheduled appointment without prior
notification and without good cause may result in the denial of your application. (8 CFR 103.2)

Who should come with you? - You may be limited in who may attend your appointment with you in person.
• Your attorney or authorized representative may come with you to the appointment or be available via phone.
• If you do not speak English fluently and are eligible to take the appointment in a language other than English, you should arrange to have an interpreter come with you to the
appointment or be available via phone. If you need a Sign Language Interpreter or Certified Deaf Interpreter, call the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 as soon as possible.
• If you have a disability and have an individual who assists you, that individual may come with you.

If you are applying for citizenship for yourself, you will be tested on your knowledge of the government and history of the United States. You will also be tested on reading, writing, and speaking English,
unless on the day you filed your application, you have been living in the United States for a total of at least 20 years as a lawful permanent resident and are over 50 years old, or you have been living in the
United States for a total of 15 years as a lawful permanent resident and are over 55 years old, or unless you have a medically determinable disability.
If you filed your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, on or after Dec. 1, 2020, and are required to take the 2020 version of the civics test, you may now have the option to take the 2008 version of the
civics test. To learn if this option is available to you, visit the USCIS Citizenship Resource Center at uscis.gov/citizenship/2020test.

You MUST BRING the following with you to the interview:
• This letter.
• Your Alien Registration Card ("green card").
• Any evidence of Selective Service Registration.
• Your passport and/or any other documents you used in connection with any entries into the United States.
• Those items noted below which are applicable to you:
If applying for NATURALIZATION AS THE SPOUSE of a United States Citizen;
• Your marriage certificate.
• Proof of death or divorce for each prior marriage of yourself or spouse.
• Your spouse's birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship.
If applying for NATURALIZATION as a member of the United States Armed Forces;
• Your discharge certificate, or form DD214.
If copies of a document were submitted as evidence with your N400 application, the originals of those documents should be brought to the interview.
++++++++++++++++
After reading the line below:
• Your attorney or authorized representative may come with you to the appointment or be available via phone.

Question, should I go and hire a lawyer, at least to be on the phone with me?
Also, on "If you are applying for citizenship for yourself, you will be tested on your knowledge of the government and history of the United States." 
Question, should I be practicing 2008 Civic test?

Thanks for your answers as always.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, CanadaEx said:

should I go and hire a lawyer, at least to be on the phone with me?

Do specific reasons or worries cause you to want to?

Normally, naturalization interviews are the easiest part of the entire immigration process.

If this has differed for those on the VAWA track, people here will so state.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.