Tacos

Backlog in Bogota Embassy

510 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, EA and MK said:

You should check your messages in CEAC and see when the NVC sent you a note that you were documentarily qualified. Not sure if they do K1s the same way they do CR1/IR1s, but if so then this is how you check the DQ date. You can also find when the NVC sent your DQ notice.

When I login to the CEAC website I now get the below message, whereas I didn't before :

K visas are nonimmigrant visas that assist spouses or future spouses of American citizens in entering the United States. As with all nonimmigrant visa applicants, a DS-160 must be filled out in order for a consular section to process the case.

Should I start filling out the DS-160 now, or wait until my status is Ready?

Timeline
2 hours ago, James & Helga said:

That is wonderful news!  Finally!!

So, when I check my CEAC status it says, “Ready”.  The dates listed are:

Created:  22 October 2019

Last Updated: 10 March 2020

I believe the 10 March 2020 date is the date we became DQ’d.  And we did have an interview appointment scheduled for 06 April 2020.  So I’m hopeful we’ll hear soon.

Bri, thanks for keeping us updated on here throughout all of this.  I always check this thread every day to see if there is any news.  This thread is the most reliable information out there in my opinion.  

2 hours ago, EA and MK said:

You should check your messages in CEAC and see when the NVC sent you a note that you were documentarily qualified. Not sure if they do K1s the same way they do CR1/IR1s, but if so then this is how you check the DQ date. You can also find when the NVC sent your DQ notice.

Interesting! I wonder if this is for CR1/IR1 only. I know I will be utilizing CEAC for our DS160. As far as I know, I am not able to make an account like CR1 cases would, but I could be totally wrong about this. For now, my only option is checking the status and it simply says “at NVC”. 

Thanks for the kind words, @James & Helga  I have spent too much time looking for any updates in all corners of the web 😂 just sharing whatever I find. I know we have all been anxiously awaiting any news we can get. This thread has been awesome and everyone has been so helpful, I am glad we have each other to lean on. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Bri&Alejandro said:

Does anyone else have a date on their CEAC when they check the status, though?? I never received an email from the NVC, and when I check the status on CEAC there is no date, it just says “At NVC”. 

I did confirm with the NVC about a month ago that our petition would be sent based on its approval date of March 30th, so I guess I am sticking with that. Have any of you already done the DS 260? I guess it is time for us to get the ball rolling and get ready. 

I just checked case status on CEAC, just “At NVC” as well. My bday is in late June, hopefully she and our son will be in the US in time for that. Morale has been boosted and am starting to look for houses as my apartment is too small for the three of us. I think with the embassy likely clearing the backlog of canceled cases (my guess as to what’s been happening), things will hopefully move pretty quickly. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Tacos said:

I just checked case status on CEAC, just “At NVC” as well. My bday is in late June, hopefully she and our son will be in the US in time for that. Morale has been boosted and am starting to look for houses as my apartment is too small for the three of us. I think with the embassy likely clearing the backlog of canceled cases (my guess as to what’s been happening), things will hopefully move pretty quickly. 

I certainly hope the three of you will be together soon ❤️ My fiancé and I are feeling the same, we are feeling hopeful for news soon and a new boost of energy to gather everything we need. 

The last year has been so tough. We have all waited for such a long time. I can’t wait to see updates from people getting their interview!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You know, I got a chuckle out the term, “Resumption of Limited, Routine Immigrant Visa Processing”.   If it’s “limited” that would make it not routine, right?   Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining.  I’ll take anything we can get at this point!

Edited by James & Helga

Timeline
12 hours ago, Bri&Alejandro said:

I certainly hope the three of you will be together soon ❤️ My fiancé and I are feeling the same, we are feeling hopeful for news soon and a new boost of energy to gather everything we need. 

The last year has been so tough. We have all waited for such a long time. I can’t wait to see updates from people getting their interview!

Thanks, it’s good a good feeling right now and am excited to see how the week will go. Hopefully you and your fiance are together soon, I will be anxiously checking up. Hopefully everyone will post their updates. 

1 hour ago, James & Helga said:

You know, I got a chuckle out the term, “Resumption of Limited, Routine Immigrant Visa Processing”.   If it’s “limited” that would make it not routine, right?   Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining.  I’ll take anything we can get at this point!

I do too, but it’s about small manageable goals and enjoying the little victories when they happen. 

Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

Timeline
20 hours ago, asdfasdfasdf said:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=709305306401839

Fiance sent me this today. Looks promising! 

I wonder how long it will take to get through all the cases with “interviews that have been canceled before May 2020.” 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Tacos said:

I wonder how long it will take to get through all the cases with “interviews that have been canceled before May 2020.” 

That’s the million dollar question but promising to see that they processed 68 K1 visas in January. I think they are making progress on getting through those interviews. 

Meanwhile I have been checking my status every day on CEAC. I’ll probably start crying when the day comes that it changes from “at NVC” to “in transit”. We have had to stare at the “at NVC” message for too long 😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
4 hours ago, Bri&Alejandro said:

That’s the million dollar question but promising to see that they processed 68 K1 visas in January. I think they are making progress on getting through those interviews. 

Meanwhile I have been checking my status every day on CEAC. I’ll probably start crying when the day comes that it changes from “at NVC” to “in transit”. We have had to stare at the “at NVC” message for too long 😂

Its still "at NVC" ??? I believe based on your post history that you got NOA2 approval in March 2020? so you must be at the front of the line when it comes to the interview process. Who knows whats going on there, this is an unprecedented interruption of K1 visas so we just have to have faith. My NOA2 is january 2021 so I can only imagine that our interview date must be way over the horizion, Im hoping for a possibility of next year at this point. Never give up love knows know distance or time, we will be with our other half for a life time so a few years of processing can be overcome in the big picture!

Timeline
2 hours ago, asdfasdfasdf said:

Its still "at NVC" ??? I believe based on your post history that you got NOA2 approval in March 2020? so you must be at the front of the line when it comes to the interview process. Who knows whats going on there, this is an unprecedented interruption of K1 visas so we just have to have faith. My NOA2 is january 2021 so I can only imagine that our interview date must be way over the horizion, Im hoping for a possibility of next year at this point. Never give up love knows know distance or time, we will be with our other half for a life time so a few years of processing can be overcome in the big picture!

Yep, we are still at the NVC. They stopped sending petitions to the embassy right when we got approved. I think we should be pretty close to the front of the line so I am just anxiously awaiting the status change from CEAC!

Who knows how long it is going to take for them to catch up, but it is hopeful to see that they processed so many K1s for January. We gotta just keep pushing through day by day

Timeline

I saw in the Facebook group that someone whose case arrived at the Embassy in Jan 2020 had their interview and it took about 5 minutes supposedly.  They said they originally did not have an appointment and had not received the P3 packet prior to the pandemic.

We are in a similar boat.  The Embassy received our application in March 2020 but we never received a P3 packet or actually had an approved interview time.  I have not yet received anything from the Embassy but am hoping that this happens any day now.  I imagine Bri and Alejandro would be soon after our case, assuming they actually do everything chronologically.

Just have to keep being patient...I think the end is in sight.

Timeline

I don't want to read too far into it but I checked CEAC today and my case was "touched" yesterday 3/5.  Could be in response to an email I sent a week ago or maybe they are getting ready to email me. My case had not been "touched" since October 2020. Fingers crossed.

Timeline
59 minutes ago, HBundle said:

I don't want to read too far into it but I checked CEAC today and my case was "touched" yesterday 3/5.  Could be in response to an email I sent a week ago or maybe they are getting ready to email me. My case had not been "touched" since October 2020. Fingers crossed.

Congrats! Did you fill out the DS-160 when your case first arrived at the embassy, and will you have to fill it out again?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.