Tacos

Backlog in Bogota Embassy

510 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
21 minutes ago, EA and MK said:

Hello! Was your wife scheduled for April 6th of this year, 2021?

I think they are referring to 2020.

The link for the WhatsApp is:  https://chat.whatsapp.com/JiV2yZubug98jdhYDTPKsz  .  FYI it is Spanish-only.

Edited by HBundle
Corrected link

1 hour ago, James & Helga said:

Hi....How can I get added to the WhatsApp group text? 

My wife’s visa interview was scheduled on April 6th before it was canceled.

Thanks!!

Jim

Send me a DM with your phone number - the link the other poster sent is for the K1 visa group.  It appears you're a spouse visa, so you want the IR1/CR1 chat.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
42 minutes ago, EA and MK said:

Hello! Was your wife scheduled for April 6th of this year, 2021?

Hello...!!   No, April 6, 2020.  2020 was tough year!  We were married over 2 years now (January 2019).  There is a slight silver lining though.  Now that we’ve been married for over two years, Helga will receive a green card without conditions which is good for ten years.  
Thanks for reaching out!

Jim

Edited by James & Helga

Timeline
1 hour ago, Louis61404 said:

Send me a DM with your phone number - the link the other poster sent is for the K1 visa group.  It appears you're a spouse visa, so you want the IR1/CR1 chat.

Ok Louis.  I sent a DM with my phone number.

2 hours ago, EA and MK said:

While this may or may not be a good sign, I think it is and is worth mentioning: the US Citizen Services section has resumed routine operations.  Hopefully they move to limited resumption of immigrant visas soon!!! Crossing my fingers.

Is this is a new development?  I feel like they've been doing that for a while (I could definitely be wrong)

Timeline

I actually just verified and they are not doing routine services as of yet. it still appear like this:

''The United States Embassy in Bogota remains unable to resume routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services at this time.  In the light of COVID-19 pandemic, the safety of applicants and Embassy employees is our top priority.  There are currently no routine U.S. visa services worldwide, and the easing or ending of the quarantine in Colombia will not mean an immediate resumption in our operations.''

I obtained this directly from their website... Where are you obtaining this information from ?

1 hour ago, ccarvajalino said:

I actually just verified and they are not doing routine services as of yet. it still appear like this:

''The United States Embassy in Bogota remains unable to resume routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services at this time.  In the light of COVID-19 pandemic, the safety of applicants and Embassy employees is our top priority.  There are currently no routine U.S. visa services worldwide, and the easing or ending of the quarantine in Colombia will not mean an immediate resumption in our operations.''

I obtained this directly from their website... Where are you obtaining this information from ?

These are both true.  The previous poster was referring to USA citizen services in the embassy - things such as passport renewals for American citizens in Colombia.  You're posting about visa services, so they're different.

Of course, most important is visa services.  But the embassy opening full time for American citizen services is a step in the right direction.

Timeline

We are almost at the point where we don't want to have any expectations because it could easily still be 6 more months.  Our CR1 case was approved at the NVC Jun 6, 2020 so we were a few months into the lockdown.   I check it all the time and it still says case is at NVC. At this point I'm thinking of just planning a vacation together, but with everything locked down even that is hard.  

Timeline
13 hours ago, Louis61404 said:

These are both true.  The previous poster was referring to USA citizen services in the embassy - things such as passport renewals for American citizens in Colombia.  You're posting about visa services, so they're different.

Of course, most important is visa services.  But the embassy opening full time for American citizen services is a step in the right direction.

I see, thanks for clarifying. 👍

10 hours ago, MedellinCOUS said:

We are almost at the point where we don't want to have any expectations because it could easily still be 6 more months.  Our CR1 case was approved at the NVC Jun 6, 2020 so we were a few months into the lockdown.   I check it all the time and it still says case is at NVC. At this point I'm thinking of just planning a vacation togother, but with everything locked down even that is hard.  

I know the feeling. I sometimes feel like loosing hope. In fact, I've had severe anxiety and that horrible knot feeling in my stomach thinking about a ton of "what ifs"/"when will my wife get here" and figuring out how my wife's interview will be, etc. But knowing it's not healthy to stress out this much, I've just started to remain been positive and my anxiety had dropped.  But, we gotta remain optimistic, that this year we will all have our spouses in the US.  Stay strong!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
16 hours ago, Louis61404 said:

Fantastic news. i think they’ll resume routine visa services when they’ve cleared the backlog of cancelled cases. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.