Italy-USA

N-400 Omaha office

44 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
6 hours ago, mit_pat said:

Hi there! When did you file?

Hi sorry I forgot to add that. We filed and paid on July 21, 2020. Got receipt for July 27th 2020.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello all, just wanted to give an update on my interview that took place this morning. 

Agent was not extremely friendly, but still polite. We did the civics test, reading and writing test which I passed, then asked the yes/no questions and signed some stuff. But then he said that because my i-751 was still pending, which he wasn't aware of until this morning (how???), he couldn't approve my n-400 until he reviews the i-751 in the next few weeks. I will receive a decision letter in the mail and then a notice to appear for the oath ceremony should the case be approved. He gave me a receipt stating that I passed the test but that the case could not be adjudicated today. I asked if my husband (who was waiting in the car) needed to come in and he said no. He didn't ask for any additional documentation, other than to see my green card and passport. 

I was very disappointed since I know of other people in the same situation that got their i-751 approved on the day of the citizenship interview. I was hoping to be done with USCIS today but I guess I'll survive a little bit longer :) still glad the test is over with!

Good luck to everyone! 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Filed N400 on September 18, 2020.

Biometrics appointment notice on February 1st, 2021, Biometrics done on March 1st 2021. No update since then. Waiting continues.

Filed: Timeline

Wife had her interview this morning at sometime after 930. She had to wait a little, was finished by 10. Had her ceremony at 1015. Ceremony was done in hallway with 1 other person.
Had To read "Who elects the Congress?" and write: "The people elect Congress"
Her questions were:

1. What does the Constitution do?
2. What is the highest court in the United States?
3. Who is in charge of the executive branch?
4. What stops one branch of government from becoming too powerful?
5. Who is the Governor of your state now?
Forgot last one.

Interviewer was very nice. Pleasant experience. About 1 hour spent on whole process, including arriving 15 min early.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Overland Park is where my receipt said it went. feels like it is lost in the shuffle haha. my zip code says Omaha is the Field Office we need. such a long dragging out process. 

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi everyone. I have my interview scheduled for August 3rd. Does anyone know if the same day oath is still a thing in Omaha? I live 2 hours away from the city and would rather have the ceremony on the same day

Timeline
On 7/9/2021 at 1:59 PM, judefabulous said:

I have my interview scheduled for August 6th. I hope they still do same day oath ceremony.  Fingers crossed.

i hope so to, waiting on my wife's application for interview. had bio-metrics June 11th, now the waiting game again. 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/9/2021 at 1:10 PM, Marta Proniagina said:

Hi everyone. I have my interview scheduled for August 3rd. Does anyone know if the same day oath is still a thing in Omaha? I live 2 hours away from the city and would rather have the ceremony on the same day

How did your interview go.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
On 3/12/2021 at 5:36 PM, Italy-USA said:

my i-751 was still pending,

Any news to your story?

H1B: Feb 2001 (London)

L1A:  Jan 2014 (London)

AOS: May 24th 2016 - June 20th 2017

N400: March 23rd 2020 - June 29th 2021

Passport: July 1st 2021 - August 30th 2021

Social Security: July 1st 2021 - October 5th 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
21 minutes ago, El Escocés said:

Any news to your story?

Yes about a month after my interview I got the notification that my n-400 was approved and they were scheduling me for the oath ceremony . About a week after that I got a notification that my i-751 was approved 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Italy-USA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 8/5/2021 at 9:46 PM, judefabulous said:

How did your interview go.

I went great! I was asked very easy questions like for how long do we elects the president, what are 3 first words from the Constitution, what is the party of the current oresident, etc. they have same day ceremonies. It all took less than an hour including waiting time.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

wife has her interview October 4th, i am praying that same day oath ceremony. Otherwise i seen Oct 15th at a court house is the big group oath. anyways just an update from us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.