Italy-USA

N-400 Omaha office

44 posts in this topic

I just had my interview today - filing under the 3-year rule! I filed in September 2020. The officer was extremely nice, and the interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. He asked me to swear to speak the truth, confirmed personal information on my application, civic test, reading test, then writing test - it was really easy. I bought a bunch of documents with me but he didn’t ask for anything of it. They do offer same-day oath in the Omaha office due to COVID so everything can be done just within a few hours!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lindsey Nguyen said:

I just had my interview today - filing under the 3-year rule! I filed in September 2020. The officer was extremely nice, and the interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. He asked me to swear to speak the truth, confirmed personal information on my application, civic test, reading test, then writing test - it was really easy. I bought a bunch of documents with me but he didn’t ask for anything of it. They do offer same-day oath in the Omaha office due to COVID so everything can be done just within a few hours!

Congratulations! This is awesome! 🎉😊

Do you know if they offer same-day oath also if you are legally changing your name? 

My interview is scheduled for March 12th, can't wait to be done! 

Just now, Italy-USA said:

Congratulations! This is awesome! 🎉😊

Do you know if they offer same-day oath also if you are legally changing your name? 

My interview is scheduled for March 12th, can't wait to be done! 

I did not change my name, but I read on other posts that if you do, it would take longer. 

4 hours ago, Lindsey Nguyen said:

Congratulation. Did you do Biometric or did they use your previous one? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, Lindsey Nguyen said:

Congrats! I have mine two weeks today after it being rearranged. I too am applying via the three year rule. Was your I-751 approved before the interview or was it a combo interview? I have my I-751 ready for interview so dream situation is both approved and oath the same day. Fingers crossed that is possible.

Timeline
Just now, Absolutely said:

Congrats! I have mine two weeks today after it being rearranged. I too am applying via the three year rule. Was your I-751 approved before the interview or was it a combo interview? I have my I-751 ready for interview so dream situation is both approved and oath the same day. Fingers crossed that is possible.

I'm in the same situation, but I haven't received any communication about it being a combo interview. I'm bringing my spouse regardless. 

In my head it wouldn't make sense for them to approve citizenship but still have you go through the i-751 later on, but with this process you never know I guess 😂

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Italy-USA said:

I'm in the same situation, but I haven't received any communication about it being a combo interview. I'm bringing my spouse regardless. 

In my head it wouldn't make sense for them to approve citizenship but still have you go through the i-751 later on, but with this process you never know I guess 😂

I too have received no communication about it being a combo. Having scouted VJ, it appears they do run combo interviews without specific notice so hoping you and I get that too!

21 hours ago, Absolutely said:

My I-751 was approved a few months before my N-400 interview. My husband didn’t come with me to the interview, and they didn’t ask much about my marriage. The officer only ask what is my marital status, and when did I get married. He didn’t even look at all the evidences I brought with me. 

On 2/9/2021 at 12:47 PM, mit_pat said:

Congratulation. Did you do Biometric or did they use your previous one? 

They reused my previous one! I didn’t have to go to biometrics for my N400.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/9/2021 at 4:18 PM, Italy-USA said:

I had my interview early today, got approved and did my oath within the hour!

With a pending I-751, my wife tried to come in but was turned around. Security said if she was needed for any questions, I could call her to come through. I got into the interview room and asked about my pending I-751. The officer was awesome and she told me she had approved it before we got started so did not need to bring in my spouse or show any evidence.

She asked a couple of questions to confirm my name, date of birth, address etc. After that, we did the civics test, verbal and written test. We then went through the yes/no questions. I got a citation 10 years ago so said yes to that one, but as I declared it throughout my immigration journey, no questions were asked on it.  I was then approved on the spot with the oath happening with five other people about 30 minutes later.

Overall, a really great process. Super nice USCIS officer and gelt very safe with Covid.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions as seems our journey is fairly similar. Good luck! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Absolutely said:

With a pending I-751, my wife tried to come in but was turned around. Security said if she was needed for any questions, I could call her to come through. I got into the interview room and asked about my pending I-751. The officer was awesome and she told me she had approved it before we got started so did not need to bring in my spouse or show any evidence.

She asked a couple of questions to confirm my name, date of birth, address etc. After that, we did the civics test, verbal and written test. We then went through the yes/no questions. I got a citation 10 years ago so said yes to that one, but as I declared it throughout my immigration journey, no questions were asked on it.  I was then approved on the spot with the oath happening with five other people about 30 minutes later.

Overall, a really great process. Super nice USCIS officer and gelt very safe with Covid.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions as seems our journey is fairly similar. Good luck! 

Congratulations! It must be a huge relief to be done with the immigration system! 🎉🎉🎉

Glad to hear it was a pleasant experience too! What civics questions were you asked? 

I really hope I can do the oath same day as well even though I'm changing my name! I know every oath is done in front of a judge, so not sure if it has to be a special judge in my case. 

Congratulations again! I can't wait for my interview March 12th!

Timeline
On 2/23/2021 at 2:10 PM, Absolutely said:

Last question: was your wife allowed in for the oath ceremony? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Italy-USA said:

Last question: was your wife allowed in for the oath ceremony? 

Sorry for the slow reply here for the other question!

I got asked:
What is one right from the first amendment?

Who is the Commander in Chief?

Who is the current Vice President?

Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?

What year was the Constitution written?

What is the highest court in the United States?

My wife was not allowed in originally but when I was told I was doing my oath the same day, I asked if she could come through and was told yes. There were very few people in the building so the officer kindly agreed. If you can do your oath, you should certainly ask but I think I got lucky with how quiet it was in there.

Timeline
On 2/25/2021 at 9:12 AM, Absolutely said:

Sorry for the slow reply here for the other question!

I got asked:
What is one right from the first amendment?

Who is the Commander in Chief?

Who is the current Vice President?

Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?

What year was the Constitution written?

What is the highest court in the United States?

My wife was not allowed in originally but when I was told I was doing my oath the same day, I asked if she could come through and was told yes. There were very few people in the building so the officer kindly agreed. If you can do your oath, you should certainly ask but I think I got lucky with how quiet it was in there.

Thank you for all this info! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

My wife’s receipt says Overland Park, KS but I did my zip code for field office location I have Omaha. I live in Western Iowa. We are at expected case completion of May 2021. Nothing of Biometrics yet or anything. Waiting impatiently lol. 

Says this:

Estimated wait time:

We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time.

13 hours ago, Wingsfan said:

My wife’s receipt says Overland Park, KS but I did my zip code for field office location I have Omaha. I live in Western Iowa. We are at expected case completion of May 2021. Nothing of Biometrics yet or anything. Waiting impatiently lol. 

Says this:

Estimated wait time:

We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time.

Hi there! When did you file?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.