Chad W

I-130 Mistake

12 posts in this topic

I summitted my application back in May of 2020 and noticed an error on my case snapshot. The error has to do with my spouse information. I was previously married prior to my current spouse and under Date Marriage ended (Section 21), it shows the same date for spouse 1 and 2. Under Spouse 1 it should be blank because that is my current spouse and my beneficiary. The dates don't even make sense because we were obviously married after my previous marriage. When filing online it asked me when my last marriage ended and that was the date that was populated in both fields. 

Any advice would be great. 

Thanks, 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
8 hours ago, Chad W said:

I summitted my application back in May of 2020 and noticed an error on my case snapshot. The error has to do with my spouse information. I was previously married prior to my current spouse and under Date Marriage ended (Section 21), it shows the same date for spouse 1 and 2. Under Spouse 1 it should be blank because that is my current spouse and my beneficiary. The dates don't even make sense because we were obviously married after my previous marriage. When filing online it asked me when my last marriage ended and that was the date that was populated in both fields. 

Thanks, 

Probably a non-issue, but another reason I recommend filing by mail instead of online.  Lots of little issues like that with the online form.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you don't get an RFE you can have it fixed at NVC.

However I would think it would result in an RFE because the basis of the application is being married to them.

It's an honest error and I don't think online filing has anything to do with it.

I caught myself making the mistake because for some things you'd put the current date, glad I had caught it.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I observed the same issue in my application. I had a previous marriage for which I had submitted a I-130 but had withdrawn the application as the marriage had broken down. For my last marriage ended entry, I entered the date of divorce of my previous marriage but unfortunately, this date is appearing as date marriage ended for my current marriage which is absurd.

Did you guys fix it? Should I try to fix this as a typographical error? My priority date is in June 2020 and I would hate my case to be delayed by this additional review. Should I just let it be and wait for RFE or better, hope this to be processed and approved?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/1/2021 at 11:45 AM, Frzbee said:

I observed the same issue in my application. I had a previous marriage for which I had submitted a I-130 but had withdrawn the application as the marriage had broken down. For my last marriage ended entry, I entered the date of divorce of my previous marriage but unfortunately, this date is appearing as date marriage ended for my current marriage which is absurd.

Did you guys fix it? Should I try to fix this as a typographical error? My priority date is in June 2020 and I would hate my case to be delayed by this additional review. Should I just let it be and wait for RFE or better, hope this to be processed and approved?

I called an agent and they were set to fix it but now I’m worried about my case getting delayed over a silly BOD mistake :(

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chad W said:

How did you reach an agent?

I called the number and just said my birthdate was incorrect on myaccount and then confirmed there was a mistake on my birthdate on the application. 

i called like 3 times until someone was able to submit something on my behalf 

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
On 1/1/2021 at 6:45 PM, Frzbee said:

Hello , did you got approved ? i have the same mistakes , how you can fix it ? did you got an RFE ?

On 12/16/2020 at 3:38 PM, Chad W said:

Thanks, 

Hello did you got approved ? I have the same mistakes ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.