9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

I don't know how to explain this, so my fiance got misunderstood and he unintentionally check the box and put the answer "NO" in the I-129F form, Page 9, Part Number 3, Item Number 4a. The question was, 

Have you ever been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined, or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance in any country, excluding traffic violations (unless a traffic violation was alcohol- or drug- related or involved a fine of $500 or more)?

We will never lie and didn't mean to not DISCLOSE it on the petition, we thought if it's only "traffic violation" then we can just check the box NO. 

So, my fiance had some traffic ticket, here's the detailed information : 

1. On 2015 > Hazardous or no passing zone > fine was paid for $152 (online payment)
2. On 2017 > Failure to control > fine was paid for $152 (online payment). This happened, when he was worked long shift hours plus with two jobs at once in a day, he was sleepy and couldn't control himself and the vehicle well. (no drugs, no alcohol 

(these 2 records I get from online (It might be accurate or not) as my fiance forgot about it, so to make more sure we gonna get the records immediately from the courthouse)

FYI  : he never get arrested, no crimes, never went to court, no alcohol or drug related and it's all under $500. 

1. Just this morning, my fiance called the police department in Ohio, when we asked to request the public records/police records, they said that they didn't do it (strange) because as I checked their website, it said we can get it from there. But well, they told my fiance to request it from the court. 
2. And then, my fiance called the courthouse and the lady on the call told him bc of too many peoples request the court records, we should make an appointment. So, he made an appointment on Monday 28 Dec 2020. 
3. After everything done, we called the uscis. They told us to call the California Service Center or just send them the letter describing about the correction. 

So the question is :
1. Is there anyone ever happened this before?
2. When we get the records, should I also fill the correction on their website? 
3. When we mail everything to California service center, should we also include the updated Page 9, Part Number 3, Item Number 4a ? If yes,  is it should be the new current version or just use the old version which we were sent it at the first place before? 

I'm just so stressful and too overthinking, because I saw there was a friend of my friend got RFE for speeding ticket for her I-129F. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Aulia073 said:

Hi everyone, 

I don't know how to explain this, so my fiance got misunderstood and he unintentionally check the box and put the answer "NO" in the I-129F form, Page 9, Part Number 3, Item Number 4a. The question was, 

Have you ever been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined, or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance in any country, excluding traffic violations (unless a traffic violation was alcohol- or drug- related or involved a fine of $500 or more)?

We will never lie and didn't mean to not DISCLOSE it on the petition, we thought if it's only "traffic violation" then we can just check the box NO. 

So, my fiance had some traffic ticket, here's the detailed information : 

1. On 2015 > Hazardous or no passing zone > fine was paid for $152 (online payment)
2. On 2017 > Failure to control > fine was paid for $152 (online payment). This happened, when he was worked long shift hours plus with two jobs at once in a day, he was sleepy and couldn't control himself and the vehicle well. (no drugs, no alcohol 

(these 2 records I get from online (It might be accurate or not) as my fiance forgot about it, so to make more sure we gonna get the records immediately from the courthouse)

FYI  : he never get arrested, no crimes, never went to court, no alcohol or drug related and it's all under $500. 

1. Just this morning, my fiance called the police department in Ohio, when we asked to request the public records/police records, they said that they didn't do it (strange) because as I checked their website, it said we can get it from there. But well, they told my fiance to request it from the court. 
2. And then, my fiance called the courthouse and the lady on the call told him bc of too many peoples request the court records, we should make an appointment. So, he made an appointment on Monday 28 Dec 2020. 
3. After everything done, we called the uscis. They told us to call the California Service Center or just send them the letter describing about the correction. 

So the question is :
1. Is there anyone ever happened this before?
2. When we get the records, should I also fill the correction on their website? 
3. When we mail everything to California service center, should we also include the updated Page 9, Part Number 3, Item Number 4a ? If yes,  is it should be the new current version or just use the old version which we were sent it at the first place before? 

I'm just so stressful and too overthinking, because I saw there was a friend of my friend got RFE for speeding ticket for her I-129F. 

Edited : I mean he made an appointment on Monday, 21 this month. 

Hope everyone can answer me :) thanks in advance  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Read that question again.  Especially the part about "excluding..."

I had about 6 or so speeding tickets throughout my life.  The most recent was over 10 yrs ago.  I answered "No".  Not a problem.

Timeline
1 minute ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Read that question again.  Especially the part about "excluding..."

I had about 6 or so speeding tickets throughout my life.  The most recent was over 10 yrs ago.  I answered "No".  Not a problem.

That's what I thought and understand as well, but my friend got RFE for speeding ticket  :( thats why I'm just too worried. 

And I saw your profile, you did spouse visa, as I know and just read it now, it's not required to disclose any criminal record in a spouse visa process. I'm processing fiancé visa. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Aulia073 said:

That's what I thought and understand as well, but my friend got RFE for speeding ticket  :( thats why I'm just too worried. 

And I saw your profile, you did spouse visa, as I know and just read it now, it's not required to disclose any criminal record in a spouse visa process. I'm processing fiancé visa. 

We applied for the Fiance visa in June 2018, approved Dec 2018, and fiance arrived Feb 2019.  We married but wife had to leave the US due to a family emergency.  We had to start over with CR1.  VJ doesn't have a function to have both K1 and CR1 timelines.

Friend of a friend, correct? Perhaps ask them for details of the RFE.

Timeline
1 minute ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

We applied for the Fiance visa in June 2018, approved Dec 2018, and fiance arrived Feb 2019.  We married but wife had to leave the US due to a family emergency.  We had to start over with CR1.  VJ doesn't have a function to have both K1 and CR1 timelines.

Friend of a friend, correct? Perhaps ask them for details of the RFE.

That's sounds a relief for me. 

Yes,  a friend of friend. I did ask her, but well, she responded me like " I'm not on the process anymore, so I don't know about that" that's sounds strange to me😂 but at least, I heard she got approved at the end. 

So, do you think I should continue to make a correction to the USCIS or just leave it like that?  I'm exactly on 6 months now since I applied on June.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Aulia073 said:

So, do you think I should continue to make a correction to the USCIS or just leave it like that?  I'm exactly on 6 months now since I applied on June.

My advise is to leave the I-129F as is, but have your fiance collect the court documents just in case you do get an RFE, however unlikely.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

My advise is to leave the I-129F as is, but have your fiance collect the court documents just in case you do get an RFE, however unlikely.

Well,  thank you so much Steve! Will talk to my fiance about this then. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, Aulia073 said:

That depends on how egregious the speeding ticket was.

5 MPH over speed limit. Don't worry about it.

100 MPH over speed limit. That's likely something that should be disclosed: it is a criminal offense in most jurisdictions. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.