mrveg

K1 Visa receipt

15 posts in this topic

Hey all, I'm just starting my journey here.  I sent the application on November 7th, 2020.  I saw that it should take 2-3 weeks to receive a receipt that they have received the application but haven't received one yet nearly 5 weeks later.  I'm know Covid is probably causing delays so just wondering if anyone else started their journey around the same time or after me but have received it already.  Thanks.

Nov 3, 2020 - Sent I-129F

Nov 7, 2020 - USPS delivered to Dallas Lockbox

As of Dec 14, 2020, not yet received NOA1

1 hour ago, mrveg said:

Hey all, I'm just starting my journey here.  I sent the application on November 7th, 2020.  I saw that it should take 2-3 weeks to receive a receipt that they have received the application but haven't received one yet nearly 5 weeks later.  I'm know Covid is probably causing delays so just wondering if anyone else started their journey around the same time or after me but have received it already.  Thanks.

It can take up to 30 days for the NOA1 not 2 or 3 weeks. As of right now you are just passed that time period so I would wait until the end of the week to call them

1 hour ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

It can take up to 30 days for the NOA1 not 2 or 3 weeks. As of right now you are just passed that time period so I would wait until the end of the week to call them

Cool, thanks.  Yea, I looked through the history on here and just saw most people were receiving theirs within a week or two a few months ago (but they say it's up to 30 days), but that was before the recent Covid shutdowns.  Is this the number I would call? 

• Live Assistance—You may have to wait to speak to a representative by phone. Please try our online tools first. If you want to speak to someone and your issue cannot be resolved right away, your request will be sent to an Immigration Services Officer. We will send you an email to confirm your request and give an estimate when we will contact you.

Our toll free number is 800-375-5283 and our hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm Eastern.

9 hours ago, mrveg said:

Cool, thanks.  Yea, I looked through the history on here and just saw most people were receiving theirs within a week or two a few months ago (but they say it's up to 30 days), but that was before the recent Covid shutdowns.  Is this the number I would call? 

• Live Assistance—You may have to wait to speak to a representative by phone. Please try our online tools first. If you want to speak to someone and your issue cannot be resolved right away, your request will be sent to an Immigration Services Officer. We will send you an email to confirm your request and give an estimate when we will contact you.

Our toll free number is 800-375-5283 and our hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm Eastern.

It's been our experience that if you let the process proceed you will reach your goals of getting a visa. When any step of the way is far out in expected adjudication then it's time to call. Until then, with the state of USCIS we are finding that most are between 30 and 45 days till they hear something. 

A couple of key factors to look for is 1) has your tracking indicated the package was received? 2) Has your form of payment been executed? Having those two completed then you are close to receiving your NOA1. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Oh, mistyped in the original post.  I sent it on the 3rd and USPS tracking indicates it was received the 7th.  That puts us around 37 days since it was received by them.  Payment has not been executed yet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 hours ago, mrveg said:

Oh, mistyped in the original post.  I sent it on the 3rd and USPS tracking indicates it was received the 7th.  That puts us around 37 days since it was received by them.  Payment has not been executed yet.

I'm in a similar situation with a different form. When I called last week they had no record of it in the system yet and said they are very behind.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 12/13/2020 at 2:27 PM, HRQX said:

Your case is in current normal timeframe. Join the November thread:

Hi there, is there  september filers?

Thank you Yvonne

On 12/14/2020 at 12:43 PM, davidvs said:

I'm in a similar situation with a different form. When I called last week, they had no record of it in the system yet and said they are very behind.

You are in the K-1 thread and you are, according to your profile, filing as a CR-1/IR-1 which has an entirely different process. You would be better served if you were to join that thread for help in your process. Here you are only confusing K-1 filers. Just saying. Thanks 

IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports - VisaJourney

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You are in the K-1 thread and you are, according to your profile, filing as a CR-1/IR-1 which has an entirely different process. You would be better served if you were to join that thread for help in your process. Here you are only confusing K-1 filers. Just saying. Thanks 

IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports - VisaJourney

I know what thread I'm in. I'm not looking for help with my process. I'm simply stating that the lockbox dept told me they are backed up opening (ALL) mail and that the OP shouldn't be too worried about the payment not getting processed/no receipt right now.

Edited by davidvs

11 minutes ago, davidvs said:

I know what thread I'm in. I'm not looking for help with my process. I'm simply stating that the lockbox dept told me they are backed up opening (ALL) mail and that the OP shouldn't be too worried about the payment not getting processed/no receipt right now.

See my reply to your PM. I explained it thoroughly there. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

See my reply to your PM. I explained it thoroughly there. 

Yes, thank you. I still stand by my comment that OP should not get too worried about the delay at this point.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I submitted our K-1 application November 18. I received a UPS notification that it was delivered November 23 to the office in TX. Rapidvisa confirmed that our application will go to TX first (arriving in TX 11/23) and then be redistributed to CA for processing. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to track the information through USCIS to see if it has made it to CA waiting for approval of receipt or still going through the distribution process. Monday, December 14 made 3 weeks and I haven't heard anything either. I'm sure COVID is causing the delay.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.