2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, aguta said:

With Vawa being approved, is anybody on unemployment due Covid?

Are we allowed to?

What about school financial AID?

Yes you're allowed to apply for unemployment and for FAFSA (financial aid)

16 hours ago, Tluck said:

Hello everyone, I eventually submitted my Vawa application In November 2020, I got my receipt and now they sent me Prima Facie determination all I have heard about is Prima Facie approval what is the difference and what is the implication of this

Congrats love, now you can get some benefits, i used mine to get my financial aid

Filed: Other Timeline
5 hours ago, DmytriiD said:

Hi Community,

Did anyone recently received EAD+AP extension ?

How long does it currently take ?
Last year it took me 3 months, but twice before that it was 6 months.

Received mine 2 weeks ago and it took just about 7 months

Timeline
7 hours ago, Engineering-rocks said:

I just posted a day by day timeline after GC approval here a couple of days ago. Here it is again:

Day 1 (Fri) - Card ordered

Day 4 (Mon) - Case approved

Day 6 (Wed) - Card mailed

Day 7 (Thur) - USPS picked up the card (this is when tracking appears)

Day 8 (Fri) - Card in hand

Wow you got your GC already? Congratulations 🗽🇺🇸 and thanks for the timeline.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello folks, 

I pray we all get approved after a long wait.

Just one question how soon can some one who got VAWA GC can sponsor their new spouse from overseas ? 

Thanks and God Bless Us all.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hello,

my husband was emotionally abusing me for years and now that we have an adjustment of status interview he left me for another women who just gave birth to his child. We also have a 6 month old baby together. I have no idea what to do. Can I apply for VAWA ?

35 minutes ago, Mamabear5 said:

Hello,

my husband was emotionally abusing me for years and now that we have an adjustment of status interview he left me for another women who just gave birth to his child. We also have a 6 month old baby together. I have no idea what to do. Can I apply for VAWA ?

Hey lovely mama bear❤😊 so sorry about your situation it's his loss not yours now concerning the petition you may file if you can gather the suporting documents/evidences required.. we always advice new members to read through previous threads as most of the contents of succeeding threads are downright repetitive. The good news is that you're in the right place.. maximum support guaranteed! Please note that infidelity is not a grounds for the petition any form of abuse alongside evidence qualifies you!👍

4 hours ago, AJJU said:

Hello folks, 

I pray we all get approved after a long wait.

Just one question how soon can some one who got VAWA GC can sponsor their new spouse from overseas ? 

Thanks and God Bless Us all.

I heard from here 3yrs.💁

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey lovely mama bear❤😊 so sorry about your situation it's his loss not yours now concerning the petition you may file if you can gather the suporting documents/evidences required.. we always advice new members to read through previous threads as most of the contents of succeeding threads are downright repetitive. The good news is that you're in the right place.. maximum support guaranteed! Please note that infidelity is not a grounds for the petition any form of abuse alongside evidence qualifies you!👍

I heard from here 3yrs.💁

I have been reading but couldn’t find anything about emotional abuse. Evidence I have is neighbors statement saying he was often yelling and banging stuff and I was often crying, I have some chat from when he left. I do plan to do psychological evaluation. I also have a video of him being high and smoking around the baby. I don’t know if that’s enough? Thank you for response !

4 minutes ago, Mamabear5 said:

I have been reading but couldn’t find anything about emotional abuse. Evidence I have is neighbors statement saying he was often yelling and banging stuff and I was often crying, I have some chat from when he left. I do plan to do psychological evaluation. I also have a video of him being high and smoking around the baby. I don’t know if that’s enough? Thank you for response !

To qualify for this petion, you must prove you had a qualifying relationship i.e marriage to a USC or GC holder, that you guys married in good faith not for immigration benefits, and that you lived together, that you were abused, finally that you're a person of good moral character! Add the supporting documents to the afore-mentioned qualifications, and you're good!👍

Than you guys! I am so happy! :)

09/2017 - Married US.C

02/2018 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

X?/2018 - Interview, went BAD! 

01/2019 - lawyer withdraw my GC-marriage case

01/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

03/2019 - EAD, AP approval

02/2021 - EAD C31 received

02/2021 - I-360 VAWA approved

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

To qualify for this petion, you must prove you had a qualifying relationship i.e marriage to a USC or GC holder, that you guys married in good faith not for immigration benefits, and that you lived together, that you were abused, finally that you're a person of good moral character! Add the supporting documents to the afore-mentioned qualifications, and you're good!👍

I do have all the rest of documents my only concern was if I have enough of abuse. What do you think ?

3 minutes ago, Mamabear5 said:

I do have all the rest of documents my only concern was if I have enough of abuse. What do you think ?

You can only give what you have so do just that! Get the statements from friends and neighbors, your psychological evaluation, the ones you have in your possesion already.. and see how it goes. I've seen people with little evidence approved so never say never!👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.