2,962 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, trishytrish said:

I am writing an inquiry letter to USCIS. Does it have to be typed or handwritten? Does that even matter? Also, what salutation do you use for letters to immigration?  

I did write a letter to USCIS once requiring for my EAD. I tore down a piece paper off something that’s blank enough to be written on. I didn’t have a lawyer back then either. The card came in a few weeks later. But that happened almost four years ago.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Tatsi0830 said:

hello fam!

My 485,131 and 765 was filed September 18th

Got an update today for 765 that "new card is being produced" :)

So it took them almost 5 months 

Congrats, Did you submit category c31 or c9 on your i765?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
9 minutes ago, MrDoubleThums said:

Congrats, Did you submit category c31 or c9 on your i765?

c9 since it is based on pending 485. c31 is when vawa is approved already, and it usually comes automatically when your 360 gets approved, then you just need to renew it

32 minutes ago, shayona said:

Hello everyone 

I have update with my I-485 interview which was cancelled earlier on 19th Jan, 2021. Today I have received RFE mail from

field office that they need my I-693 medical exam documents to submit as they need it to take final decision.

Does it mean they gonna waive my green card interview to approve greencard directly? I have my medical ready with me which I have received on 15th Jan, 2021 in sealed envelope from doctor. Should I send that one or I need to go to doctor to request updated recent one ? 

Seeking advice from you guys, help me. 

This is exactly what I got from USCIS 2 weeks ago --> RFE to send medical as they need it to take final decision.

I did medical in 2 days, got 4 vaccines, and paid all total $730 (it is too much, I know)..

Sent them back 3 days ago.

I hope will be approved next month without interview, I hope, but will see 🙏 

So I think your medical is from January 15th, which is still valid, you can send that one.

See with your attorney what he/she says also

Filed: Other Timeline
2 minutes ago, Oskar1234 said:

This is exactly what I got from USCIS 2 weeks ago --> RFE to send medical as they need it to take final decision.

I did medical in 2 days, got 4 vaccines, and paid all total $730 (it is too much, I know)..

Sent them back 3 days ago.

I hope will be approved next month without interview, I hope, but will see 🙏 

So I think your medical is from January 15th, which is still valid, you can send that one.

See with your attorney what he/she says also

Thanks for sharing your experience, hope we will get approval without interview. Finger crossed and praying as well 🙏

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline
6 hours ago, trishytrish said:

I am writing an inquiry letter to USCIS. Does it have to be typed or handwritten? Does that even matter? Also, what salutation do you use for letters to immigration?  

You can type it and say Dear USCIS person,

and for salutations you can say Very truly yours,

and sign at the bottom under your name.

hope that helps

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline
On 2/9/2021 at 8:58 PM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Remember that the darkest times are just before dawn.. before you know it.. it will be over now let's see..hmm you have work permit.. something not everyone has.. so that can keep you busy while making money! it did for me! Time goes by faster when youre not preoccupied with thoughts of your case!😊👍

Very true. Thank you for you kinds words.

15 hours ago, shayona said:

Hello everyone 

I have update with my I-485 interview which was cancelled earlier on 19th Jan, 2021. Today I have received RFE mail from

field office that they need my I-693 medical exam documents to submit as they need it to take final decision.

Does it mean they gonna waive my green card interview to approve greencard directly? I have my medical ready with me which I have received on 15th Jan, 2021 in sealed envelope from doctor. Should I send that one or I need to go to doctor to request updated recent one ? 

Seeking advice from you guys, help me. 

Form I-693 is valid for 60 days after Civil doctor signature, yours is still valid, please sent them asap. I am in the same situation RFE was sent for medicals to make a final decision on my case. Hope everyone in this scenario get their interview waived otherwise why they will asked for medicals when we can bring it to the interview. Please share any update. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My I-485 interview was canceled February 01 2021 because of snowstorm in NYC. Anybody know how long they usually take to reschedule a new interview date? From what I see they might also send me RFE for new medicals.

Edited by John_

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

Form I-693 is valid for 60 days after Civil doctor signature, yours is still valid, please sent them asap. I am in the same situation RFE was sent for medicals to make a final decision on my case. Hope everyone in this scenario get their interview waived otherwise why they will asked for medicals when we can bring it to the interview. Please share any update. 

Let's pray for the best and we all get green-card by interview waiver. I sent out my medicals and RFE today, and now looking forward for new update coming up before March ending. 🙏

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, goodVibes said:
February 10, 2021 
New Card Is Being Produced
August 6, 2019 
We received your response for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
July 3, 2019 
We sent a request for additional evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
April 15, 2019 
We received your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

Can you please share what was your second request for evidence was ? I have one in the way and I’m not in peace. Congratulations for your Green card 🎊🎉

2 minutes ago, Faith2020 said:

Can you please share what was your second request for evidence was ? I have one in the way and I’m not in peace. Congratulations for your Green card 🎊🎉

Gosh the additional evidence was so long ago - I believe Good Moral Character and Married in Good Faith 

I think that’s an EAD and not the Green Card itself :)

Edited by goodVibes

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/10/2021 at 2:32 PM, sandranj said:

Some people here got the second RFE.

Thank you. They already asked me the first time proof of bonafide marriage the first time and I’m wondering what’s it again. I’m lost 😞

4 minutes ago, goodVibes said:

Gosh the additional evidence was so long ago - I believe Good Moral Character and Married in Good Faith 

I think that’s an EAD and not the Green Card itself :)

Oh okay, thank you. Well even if it’s EAD it’s still a big win. I was very happy when I received mine. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.