2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Aw, nuts... all the good news today means that I can't post another joke.  :P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Timeline
5 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Aw, nuts... all the good news today means that I can't post another joke.  :P 

You can post for those of us still waiting for the good news to come. I liked the one with the dog, 😁😁😁😁😁

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline

@Stillwinning!!!😊I sent my ead renewal packet to Vermont and it got delivered on jan 3 which happens to be weekend ,I hope that’s not why I haven’t gotten back from them ? up till now I haven’t received the receipt that they have received it and my ead will expire by April ..I need the receipt to be able to use to renew my drivers license and also show them at work that I am still in status..just reaching out here to see if am not lagging behind ..I thought the receipt usually be out in like 2 weeks time ..my lawyer told me he hasn’t receive the receipt and I also sent my RFE back to them since November ,they still haven’t gotten back to me about the RFE but they acknowledged that they have received it ..I’m not worried ,I just need the receipt to be able to renew my drivers license and show them at work that am still in status !! 

19 hours ago, Rcpc said:

I have the same receipt date 05/29/2018, no update, only the first GMC RFE that I thought that they never received but just heard from my lawyer that I got Prima Facie last October so I guess they received the RFE answer. I’m desperate, I can’t sleep.

I know what you going through! I think you can check online if they received your RFE, it says it there. Prima Facie doesn't grant you anything, but its nice to have it. I have only one suggestion,  let it go and keep your self busy! One beautiful day you will receive the answer! Good luck dear!

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Blunt said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊I sent my ead renewal packet to Vermont and it got delivered on jan 3 which happens to be weekend ,I hope that’s not why I haven’t gotten back from them ? up till now I haven’t received the receipt that they have received it and my ead will expire by April ..I need the receipt to be able to use to renew my drivers license and also show them at work that I am still in status..just reaching out here to see if am not lagging behind ..I thought the receipt usually be out in like 2 weeks time ..my lawyer told me he hasn’t receive the receipt and I also sent my RFE back to them since November ,they still haven’t gotten back to me about the RFE but they acknowledged that they have received it ..I’m not worried ,I just need the receipt to be able to renew my drivers license and show them at work that am still in status !! 

Hey, I am in the same situation. My EAD renewal package was received on Jan 4th, still no receipts. I heard receipts now take 30-60 days to be delivered because if coronavirus

1 hour ago, Blunt said:

The delivery time has nothing to do with anything! Receipts can take as little as 2weeks to as much as 8/9 weeks.. just wait for it. Also for the RFE it can take 30 to 180 days!👍

Good Morning , 

My I-360 is approved in May 2020. 

I-485 interview : 07 January 2021 . The interview status : Interview completed and must be reviewed. 

Today I received a notice that We denied your for I-130 and we denied your I-485. 

I am completely freaked out . I don't know what to do . Please help me if there is any suggestion. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 10.25.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 10.29.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 10.25.58 AM.png

Edited by TexasVAWA

2 minutes ago, TexasVAWA said:

Good Morning , 

I-485 interview : 07 January 2021 . The interview status : Interview completed and must be reviewed. 

Today I received a notice that We denied your for I-130 and we denied your I-485. 

I am completely freaked out . I don't know what to do . Please help me if there is any suggestion. 

I honestly feel sorry for you.  Let's see what their reason could be and know how we can help guide you here. I cannot imagine what you be going through  now. But pls take it easy on yourself dear. God will make a way. Did you use a lawyer? During the interview did they ask you to detail the abuse . I am very sorry dear.

3 minutes ago, TexasVAWA said:

Good Morning , 

So, sorry for this, you must wait for denial notice, to view the reason and move forward to address it. 

Just now, Angelmia said:

I honestly feel sorry for you.  Let's see what their reason could be and know how we can help guide you here. I cannot imagine what you be going through  now. But pls take it easy on yourself dear. God will make a way. Did you use a lawyer? During the interview did they ask you to detail the abuse . I am very sorry dear.

During the interview he did not ask about anything about abuse . He asked me question only from I -485 . and had to take oath . The officer was very calm . Asked my divorce letter and gave him the copy of that . Then he said we will do your background check . You will get a notice within few weeks . That's all that happened . My I-360 is still in approved status . 

4 minutes ago, Angelmia said:

4 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

So, sorry for this, you must wait for denial notice, to view the reason and move forward to address it. 

Hmmmm. I agree . I am not sure what to do . I can't even predict the situation . Is there anything I should do before I get the denial notice ? 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, TexasVAWA said:

Good Morning , 

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 10.29.55 AM.png

Did you have one I-485 pending? Or did you file another I-485 with your I-360?

28 minutes ago, lolaB998 said:

Did you have one I-485 pending? Or did you file another I-485 with your I-360?

that's a good question. I filed I-485 with I-130 . But after a year when I files I-360 , I did not file another I-485. So I do not have any pending I-485.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.