Greenbaum

DECEMBER 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

261 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Mrs Gray (to be) said:

Awesome!

How did you manage to check DHL?

In the pdf in the first post it walks through how to figure it out if you know the date of when NVC says they sent or are sending you info to the embassy.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Blkbam said:

In the pdf in the first post it walks through how to figure it out if you know the date of when NVC says they sent or are sending you info to the embassy.

Congratulations. I have two questions. Did the embassy send you an email or just mail to notify you? The second is Did you already fill ds-160 form out  before you got the notification or have you filled it out anway?

Edited by EmreAnk

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, EmreAnk said:

Congratulations. I have two questions. Did the embassy send you an email or just mail to notify you? The second is Did you already fill ds-160 form out  before you got the notification or have you filled it out anway?

NVC sent me an email that they will be sending my case to embassy. DS-160 is filled out but not submitted so from their perspective it doesn't exist yet. My fiance and I work shopped through the questions to get our answers ready.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Blkbam said:

NVC sent me an email that they will be sending my case to embassy. DS-160 is filled out but not submitted so from their perspective it doesn't exist yet. My fiance and I work shopped through the questions to get our answers ready.

Thank you. 

On 2/4/2021 at 6:24 AM, Mrs Gray (to be) said:

Awesome!

How did you manage to check DHL?

Did you get email from Qatar US embassy ? 
it’s been almost 70 days since we got approved, yet the case is “At NVC” status... 😓

It is a bit frustrating but I think there’s nothing we can do at the moment. 
I tired to call US Embassy in Abu Dhabi, they said I will just have to wait till I get an email but no timeline or time frame.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
8 hours ago, RishDan said:

Did you get email from Qatar US embassy ? 
it’s been almost 70 days since we got approved, yet the case is “At NVC” status... 😓

It is a bit frustrating but I think there’s nothing we can do at the moment. 
I tired to call US Embassy in Abu Dhabi, they said I will just have to wait till I get an email but no timeline or time frame.. 

no email from Qatar but checked status today and it said “case is ready for interview” so will contact the embassy tomorrow. Try and call NVC again and request an update, the transit time to arrive in Qatar took just 2 days which I’m sure will be similar to you!

I will let you know if the embassy offer any good advice that could potentially help you tomorrow.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hi all. Our CEAC update status now shows "Ready". Basically as I understand, the embassy now has our paperwork. However, they are still closed for K-1 visa interviews because of the PPs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, CowokPintar said:

Hi all, 

I got our case number from NVC by calling. What should I do now?

Here is a link to a PDF file where you can find answers to your questions. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=drivesdk

16 hours ago, kostyaby said:

Presidential Proclamations

I contacted the US embassy in Abu Dhabi today and got this in response as auto reply via email. 
It was mentioning about PP’s. 
It said they are processing K-1 visa at the moment but my status has not changed from  “At NVC”, even after 70 days ! 😕

C690B211-6ECA-4BB4-844C-412C3DDBD640.jpeg

26A899E4-27EF-401B-8594-195BEA50E3A2.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I got an email from the embassy that we receieved your case and we have available slots for next week. But no available interviews have shown up on the system yet 😔

Edited by Naz2020

On 12/20/2020 at 6:59 AM, Greenbaum said:

Here is the P3. Let me know if you were able to download the PDF as I have been of late, having problems with it working.

This is everything that is needed for DR

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1agPbgt-fbxjHfLe8h8DvNt7ZSQmDsqHT/view?usp=sharing

Now, during the pandemic this guide is a bit off I think. I completed the DS-160. He went last week to do the fingerprints. I called NVC. The case is still at NVC. NVC is saying that they won't send the case to the Dominican Republic until the embassy asks for the case. I asked them should I move forward and complete the Affidavit of support. They said they didn't know. They told me only the embassy will know what other forms I need to complete. Interview appointments can not be schedule online. 

The Dominican Republic is not a travel ban country. They are not allowing interviews for K1. They are saying they aren't processing K1 because of the pandemic. Yet, they are processing tourist visas. (I know first hand...not a rumor.) After completing and paying for the DS-160 and the fingerprints, what are the next steps? Should I complete the Affidavit of Support? If so, where do I send that? Is that paid online? 

Thanks.

On 2/13/2021 at 3:14 PM, Naz2020 said:

I got an email from the embassy that we receieved your case and we have available slots for next week. But no available interviews have shown up on the system yet 😔

Congratulations!! 
I believe the process has been really slow, has anyone seen the status change from “At NVC” to “In Transit”, it’s been more than 40 days and our status has not changed ... 😰😰😰

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.