Abrah@m

Philippines CFO counseling

29 posts in this topic

This is so frustrating. My wife finally received her IR1 visa after all this time and now we are at the mercy of this CFO counseling that seems to only apply to Philippines. She could be on a plan but instead I am trying to get a response from the CFO on why they are taking so long. We have followed their steps and submitted the requested documents but we have got no reply and it’s been a few days now. UGHHHH

*~*~*country-specific question moved to Philippines regional forum*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

10 hours ago, Abrah@m said:

This is so frustrating. My wife finally received her IR1 visa after all this time and now we are at the mercy of this CFO counseling that seems to only apply to Philippines. She could be on a plan but instead I am trying to get a response from the CFO on why they are taking so long. We have followed their steps and submitted the requested documents but we have got no reply and it’s been a few days now. UGHHHH

CFO is just a scam for the most part.

Play the game, pay them the money and finally get a pass to leave the Philippines.

Just another way the Philippines Government has figured  how to screw over their citizens

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not much you can do but keep looking through their webpages for email addresses and phone numbers to call. It took us a week to get an emailed certificate for our  10 year old, when even her mother didn't need to do the seminar.

Edited by JonSeattle

On 11/5/2020 at 11:21 AM, Allovertheworld said:

CFO is just a scam for the most part.

Play the game, pay them the money and finally get a pass to leave the Philippines.

Just another way the Philippines Government has figured  how to screw over their citizens

CFO is not a scam it is a small seminar that they have to go through telling them about american abuse, sex trafficking and a lot of other things.  My now wife had to go through it when we was trying the K1 option back in 2017, so we are lucky she has her certificate from that class and paid exit fees for it. 

8 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

CFO is not a scam it is a small seminar that they have to go through telling them about american abuse, sex trafficking and a lot of other things.  My now wife had to go through it when we was trying the K1 option back in 2017, so we are lucky she has her certificate from that class and paid exit fees for it. 

Yes it is a scam. They use it to make money and give people a job.  Why do they tell US Citizens they need to take it? Scam

Why do they try to get you to sign up for Philippines Credit Cards while you are in the seminar? Scam

Why do they try to have you remit money back to Philippines for SSI? Scam

7 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

Yes it is a scam. They use it to make money and give people a job.  Why do they tell US Citizens they need to take it? Scam

Why do they try to get you to sign up for Philippines Credit Cards while you are in the seminar? Scam

Why do they try to have you remit money back to Philippines for SSI? Scam

Us Citizens can not go into cfo seminar it is not allowed.

the last one i have not heard of must be new

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'd have to agree it is a SCAM more control, more influencing, more rhetoric. Just another way for the PH Gov. to brainwash and control over it's citizens, you think abuse is an "American thing" lol or for that matter specific to ANY country in the world? I think not. Abuse is unheard of in PH? No!

If the PH Gov. top to bottom spent more time looking in the mirror and assessing it's self, doing better for it's countrymen and being better leaders and less time trying to keep the people simple minded, controlled, influenced, brainwashed and censored then there would be no need for CFO and human rights violations would be less as there would be a better knowledge base, less need for those to seek to find a way out at all costs, etc.... 

If the PH People are SOOOOOO Naïve it is a direct result of the piss poor Gov. and their need to keep their people that way to better suit themselves, if they didn't spend all their time trying to subjugate their people and then to control what they think, hear and say  in order for them NOT to see what their Gov. is ACTUALLY doing and how it is NOT for the "Peoples own good" then the country as a whole could grow in many different aspects including not to be so Naïve and Not to need to seek any opportunity elsewhere at any cost. 

if you have a child who is completely inept and Naïve all the way into their adult years and even at 30-40 years old need their parents to make every decision for them and weigh every choice they might make for them, tell me? Exactly WHO's Fault is that??

Now then on top of the CFO there is also the BOI IO at the airports which use interrogations sessions even lasting sometimes for hours in a private room and requiring access to your personal phone all records and even your most intimate chat logs with your partner, this seems normal to you? And then to be able to tell people, you fulfilled every single thing per the letter of the law exhaustively but it is up to me to define as I see fit the application of "Totality of Circumstance" and my personal feelings is to deny you exit rights, get packing or we will call airport security to hand you over to the police. Yeah that sounds legit, sounds like a real good system I would totally want to live in lol. Only if I was an incompetent who never wanted to make a single choice for myself and wanted everyone else to rule my life and make all choices for me.

That to me sounds A LOT like an Abuser warning someone else that everyone else and every where else in the world is where the abusers are and that the PH is their only friend and caring savior. Sounds a like like brainwashing to me. I wonder who the actual abusers are here???? hhmmmmm

Edited by Cody&Razely

15 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

You must be newish

Here is the latest post of a US Citizen sent a email to CFO and was told they needed to attend:

15 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

I remember back in 2007 time frame, I believe BDO was part of the seminar and they wanted attended to sign up for Philippines based credit cards.  What this has to do with CFO? Nothing

Do you remember when a nuns were running CFO at St. Marys where you could go and do CFO instead of PRISM.

As I said I remember a buddy being told 15 years ago his gf needed CFO because she was going to Australia on a tourist visa, which is a blatant lie.  They are there to make money and give someone a job.

Just another scam, just like the Philippines travel tax that Philippines citizens have to pay to leave their own country.

18 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

You must be newish

Here is the latest post of a US Citizen sent a email to CFO and was told they needed to attend:

US passport holder does not need seminar. Yes it’s true some CFO workers will give incorrect information saying they do but it is not true. CFO is STRICTLY for Philippines passport holder who are “emigrated” to another country.

3 minutes ago, Abrah@m said:

US passport holder does not need seminar. Yes it’s true some CFO workers will give incorrect information saying they do but it is not true. CFO is STRICTLY for Philippines passport holder who are “emigrated” to another country.

It's common knowledge US or Australian passport holders don't need it, but they are told they do by CFO.

I call it a scam

2 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

It's common knowledge US or Australian passport holders don't need it, but they are told they do by CFO.

I call it a scam

Does not really matter if you say it is a scam or not, we all have to do things we do not want to do in life be it here in the USA or in another country.  If you want to have a chance at a better life then you will do what ever is required no matter shelling out money or going to a class.

I hate all the advertisements we have to endure online anymore but if i want to be online i have to put up with the BS.

They are given literature to know what can happen and all sorts of phone numbers to call in certain situations, When my now wife went through it back in 2017 when we was doing the K1 route she asked about me attending and was told no i did not have to attend and could not cause it was for Filipinos only she received it and we did cr1 route stated in march of 2019.

if you are complaining about the cost i think it is rather cheap portion of the whole process compared to everything else we have to put out for in the whole of things but like they always say love is not cheap.

Why not fill out your timeline unless you are one of them that like get on here to start arguments.

36 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Does not really matter if you say it is a scam or not, we all have to do things we do not want to do in life be it here in the USA or in another country.  If you want to have a chance at a better life then you will do what ever is required no matter shelling out money or going to a class.

Better Life? If I would of grown up in Philippines I would probably choose that life style over US Lifestyle.  I guess you think everyone is poor in the Philippines.  Seems alot less stressful the Philippines lifestyle.  

The lion share of people I know live very good lives in Philippines, have nice houses and have no desire for a "chance at a better life', they are pretty happy where they live. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.