22 posts in this topic

Me(main sponsor, she also has a joint-sponsor who is my dad) and my wife who is Conditional Green Card holder moved on August 17th.  We remembered to change address with every last place, even down to the little things, but somehow we forgot to change address for both me and her on USCIS.  We did some reading and it is stated that it is punishable up to deportation since we forgot to change her address within the 10 days.  Does she have to worry about being deported, or not being granted her I-751 because we were about 2 months late notifying the change of address???

She fills out the change of address form and I do aswell since I am the main sponsor for her I-864?

thank you in advance, all help is great as we are freaking out a little bit atm, worried that she is in deportation status 🤢😰

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kerri and Myles said:

Me(main sponsor, she also has a joint-sponsor who is my dad) and my wife who is Conditional Green Card holder moved on August 17th.  We remembered to change address with every last place, even down to the little things, but somehow we forgot to change address for both me and her on USCIS.  We did some reading and it is stated that it is punishable up to deportation since we forgot to change her address within the 10 days.  Does she have to worry about being deported, or not being granted her I-751 because we were about 2 months late notifying the change of address???

She fills out the change of address form and I do aswell since I am the main sponsor for her I-864?

thank you in advance, all help is great as we are freaking out a little bit atm, worried that she is in deportation status 🤢😰

She fills our form AR11 and you prepare form i865 

Nobody is coming for her but get everything filed 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

She fills our form AR11 and you prepare form i865 

Thank you so much for the quick reply, we will do that ASAP, just for ease of mind though does she have to worry about being deported for this misshap? Or that she will be denied of her

I-751?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kerri and Myles said:

Thank you so much for the quick reply, we will do that ASAP, just for ease of mind though does she have to worry about being deported for this misshap? Or that she will be denied of her

I-751?

Submit the proper forms and relax 

YMMV

5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Submit the proper forms and relax 

Is there a way to check if we have done the online filing of the AR-11? She doesn't have a USCIS account as she never made one, but I swear the page to address change isn't new.  But where can we check if her address is changed in the system?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Kerri and Myles said:

Is there a way to check if we have done the online filing of the AR-11? She doesn't have a USCIS account as she never made one, but I swear the page to address change isn't new.  But where can we check if her address is changed in the system?

You receive an email confirmation.

5 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

You receive an email confirmation.

We are going to do it again just to make sure, if we have done it and forgot is there anything wrong with doing another change of address for her on USCIS site just to make sure? 
We can't seem to find any type of email confirmation, we just are still worried about the fact that I can possibly get a misdemeanor for not notifying my address change within 30 days, and she can be deported for not notifying within the 10 days.  

I also have read, that there are no real recorded cases of people actually being deported for this, if we go ahead and file these asap is there anything for us to worry about? 

Edited by Kerri and Myles

2 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Nothing to worry about. Go and file. You have to do it anyways 

Since we can't remember if we have filed it before, as a kind of "safe measure" is there anything wrong with filing the change of address online again for the same address?  Don't want to mess anything up in there system

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Kerri and Myles said:

Since we can't remember if we have filed it before, as a kind of "safe measure" is there anything wrong with filing the change of address online again for the same address?  Don't want to mess anything up in there system

No. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kerri and Myles said:

No to nothing wrong, or no to don't do it again?

Nothing wrong with doing it again 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kerri and Myles said:

No to nothing wrong, or no to don't do it again?

You asked if there is anything wrong with it. Answer is no

10 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Nothing wrong with doing it again 

5 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

You asked if there is anything wrong with it. Answer is no

Thanks both, we submitted that for her and made sure there was a confirmation, which there was.  For my I-865, since she has a joint-sponsor for her I-864 is there anything specific we need to also do with the joint sponsor(my dad)?  My parents still live at the same address, is there a way also to quick file my form like hers or is mine a scenario of mailing it in?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kerri and Myles said:

Thanks both, we submitted that for her and made sure there was a confirmation, which there was.  For my I-865, since she has a joint-sponsor for her I-864 is there anything specific we need to also do with the joint sponsor(my dad)?  My parents still live at the same address, is there a way also to quick file my form like hers or is mine a scenario of mailing it in?

Joint sponsor has not moved. Nothing to do unless or untilhe does.   I865 is paper based only.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.