Jump to content

22 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Me(main sponsor, she also has a joint-sponsor who is my dad) and my wife who is Conditional Green Card holder moved on August 17th.  We remembered to change address with every last place, even down to the little things, but somehow we forgot to change address for both me and her on USCIS.  We did some reading and it is stated that it is punishable up to deportation since we forgot to change her address within the 10 days.  Does she have to worry about being deported, or not being granted her I-751 because we were about 2 months late notifying the change of address???

 

She fills out the change of address form and I do aswell since I am the main sponsor for her I-864?

 

thank you in advance, all help is great as we are freaking out a little bit atm, worried that she is in deportation status 🤢😰

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kerri and Myles said:

Me(main sponsor, she also has a joint-sponsor who is my dad) and my wife who is Conditional Green Card holder moved on August 17th.  We remembered to change address with every last place, even down to the little things, but somehow we forgot to change address for both me and her on USCIS.  We did some reading and it is stated that it is punishable up to deportation since we forgot to change her address within the 10 days.  Does she have to worry about being deported, or not being granted her I-751 because we were about 2 months late notifying the change of address???

 

She fills out the change of address form and I do aswell since I am the main sponsor for her I-864?

 

thank you in advance, all help is great as we are freaking out a little bit atm, worried that she is in deportation status 🤢😰

She fills our form AR11 and you prepare form i865 

 

Nobody is coming for her but get everything filed 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

She fills our form AR11 and you prepare form i865 

Thank you so much for the quick reply, we will do that ASAP, just for ease of mind though does she have to worry about being deported for this misshap? Or that she will be denied of her

I-751?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kerri and Myles said:

Thank you so much for the quick reply, we will do that ASAP, just for ease of mind though does she have to worry about being deported for this misshap? Or that she will be denied of her

I-751?

Submit the proper forms and relax 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Submit the proper forms and relax 

Is there a way to check if we have done the online filing of the AR-11? She doesn't have a USCIS account as she never made one, but I swear the page to address change isn't new.  But where can we check if her address is changed in the system?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Kerri and Myles said:

Is there a way to check if we have done the online filing of the AR-11? She doesn't have a USCIS account as she never made one, but I swear the page to address change isn't new.  But where can we check if her address is changed in the system?

You receive an email confirmation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

You receive an email confirmation.

We are going to do it again just to make sure, if we have done it and forgot is there anything wrong with doing another change of address for her on USCIS site just to make sure? 
We can't seem to find any type of email confirmation, we just are still worried about the fact that I can possibly get a misdemeanor for not notifying my address change within 30 days, and she can be deported for not notifying within the 10 days.  

 

I also have read, that there are no real recorded cases of people actually being deported for this, if we go ahead and file these asap is there anything for us to worry about? 

 

Edited by Kerri and Myles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Nothing to worry about. Go and file. You have to do it anyways 

Since we can't remember if we have filed it before, as a kind of "safe measure" is there anything wrong with filing the change of address online again for the same address?  Don't want to mess anything up in there system

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Kerri and Myles said:

Since we can't remember if we have filed it before, as a kind of "safe measure" is there anything wrong with filing the change of address online again for the same address?  Don't want to mess anything up in there system

 

No. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kerri and Myles said:

No to nothing wrong, or no to don't do it again?

Nothing wrong with doing it again 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kerri and Myles said:

No to nothing wrong, or no to don't do it again?

You asked if there is anything wrong with it. Answer is no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Nothing wrong with doing it again 

 

5 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

You asked if there is anything wrong with it. Answer is no

Thanks both, we submitted that for her and made sure there was a confirmation, which there was.  For my I-865, since she has a joint-sponsor for her I-864 is there anything specific we need to also do with the joint sponsor(my dad)?  My parents still live at the same address, is there a way also to quick file my form like hers or is mine a scenario of mailing it in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kerri and Myles said:

 

Thanks both, we submitted that for her and made sure there was a confirmation, which there was.  For my I-865, since she has a joint-sponsor for her I-864 is there anything specific we need to also do with the joint sponsor(my dad)?  My parents still live at the same address, is there a way also to quick file my form like hers or is mine a scenario of mailing it in?

Joint sponsor has not moved. Nothing to do unless or untilhe does.   I865 is paper based only.


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...