17 posts in this topic

Hey again,

I’m wondering If anyone in the know can explain to me why my I-131 Advance parolewas rejected...

I’m currently in the AOD process, I filed my I-485 and also I-765 and I-131 forms in Sept 2019. I got the combo card in Feb ‘20. Green card interview is still pending.

Given the backlog I sent in my renewal package, for EAD and advance parole this September, I didn’t include fees as it’s a renewal. I included all the necessary, including my original NOA’s. The I765 was accepted, and I got a receipt notice (starts with IOE??) however, The I-131 was rejected, stating that I didn’t pay the fees. 

I didn’t realise the fee was applicable as it’s a renewal and I filed the original I765/I131 at the same time as the I-485.

Can anyone offer any advice? Many thanks

Did you recall checking 1.d on part 2?

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

So looking over the package they returned, I see that I sent the NOA for the I-131, but I only sent one copy of the I-485 NOA (included with the I-765 part) - could this be the issue?

I do believe I checked the right part of the form

10 minutes ago, JAdams333 said:

So looking over the package they returned, I see that I sent the NOA for the I-131, but I only sent one copy of the I-485 NOA (included with the I-765 part) - could this be the issue?

I do believe I checked the right part of the form

if you filed I-131 separately and not with I-485 than they would need a copy of I-485 receipt or else you need pay a fee. if there is no i-485 receipt they assume you are filing I-131 on its own and that has a fee 

Edited by James120383

duh

I did definitely file the I-131 along with the I-765. There was a copy of the I485 clipped to the I-765 application. So only one copy but it was all in the same packet...

3 minutes ago, JAdams333 said:

I did definitely file the I-131 along with the I-765. There was a copy of the I485 clipped to the I-765 application. So only one copy but it was all in the same packet...

Bingo!
131 and 765 are independent forms that can be submitted simultaneously. If you did not submit a separate set of copies of the documents required, like the 485 receipt, USCIS may understand you are filling 131 independently, therefore you should have pay a fee for it. 

Thanks for your replies, everyone. I guess this must be the issue. I'll resubmit the application with a copy of the i-485. 
Thanks again

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

And so you know the IOE case number is because it is being processed electronically. Should only take 30 days to see the renewal card in the mail. That's a good thing. Electronic processing of the renewal is pretty fast.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.