Gar9

IR-5 DQed cases Waiting for IV Interview Letter at Mumbai, INDIA

54 posts in this topic

June 2020 DQ Status here. Still waiting for case to be transferred from NVC to Mumbai consulate. Also concerned if the delay is due to - 

1. Consulate not operating full capacity for all case types due to Covid cases in Mumbai ?

2. Proclamation reversed but consulate has still not begun doing Ir5 ?

3. Backlog, moving very slow. 

Let's keep each other posted on updates here. Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 3/11/2021 at 7:52 AM, Shaily said:

Thanks for the response!

My parents' DQ was in September 2020.

Do you have any idea, that they can come in USA on their visitor visa as their file still is in NVC?

Thanks,

This is a very good question, normally it would not have been a huge issue if they can convince the PoE officer they are here genuinely only to visit.

However with COVID, there are multiple hurdles - anyone already holding even a B1/B2 visitor visa & ESTA countries  are currently not allowed entry into the US without a NIE (national interest exemption) which is granted by DoS i think 

see here:

https://de.usembassy.gov/covid19-faqs-for-visas/

So I do not know / cant say but i am pretty certain they will NOT be allowed to enter.

I think only US citizens & Green Card holders are allowed back in the States. And those others who hold the NIE waiver and others like Airline Pilots , Cabin crews who are here mainly only for a day or two.

Expect a huuuuge backlog,  My parents DQ is March 2020 and there is 0 update after their DQ last year....this is unfortunate...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 3/12/2021 at 7:12 PM, Dominoing said:

June 2020 DQ Status here. Still waiting for case to be transferred from NVC to Mumbai consulate. Also concerned if the delay is due to - 

1. Consulate not operating full capacity for all case types due to Covid cases in Mumbai ?

2. Proclamation reversed but consulate has still not begun doing Ir5 ?

3. Backlog, moving very slow. 

Let's keep each other posted on updates here. Thanks!

The best way is to check US Consulate Mumbai Twitter updates, they have a huge backlog. And they are only getting back NOW to those who even had confirmed Interviews in March / April 2020 imagine how long it would take for the rest of us.

And on top they are still operating in reduced capacity...

Consulate has begun doing IR5 AFAIK as per their tweet (general no specific mention of IR5) but they did say they are aware of PP10014 rescinded and will restart the process.

Government process goes very slow that is sadly the truth.

8 minutes ago, wisegeek said:

This is a very good question, normally it would not have been a huge issue if they can convince the PoE officer they are here genuinely only to visit.

However with COVID, there are multiple hurdles - anyone already holding even a B1/B2 visitor visa & ESTA countries  are currently not allowed entry into the US without a NIE (national interest exemption) which is granted by DoS i think 

see here:

https://de.usembassy.gov/covid19-faqs-for-visas/

So I do not know / cant say but i am pretty certain they will NOT be allowed to enter.

I think only US citizens & Green Card holders are allowed back in the States. And those others who hold the NIE waiver and others like Airline Pilots , Cabin crews who are here mainly only for a day or two.

Expect a huuuuge backlog,  My parents DQ is March 2020 and there is 0 update after their DQ last year....this is unfortunate...

Thanks  a lot for sharing this information. it really helps.

Now let's wait for the interview visa call as your parents DQ was in March 2020, so you will be the first who would get an interview call. So good luck and finger crossed🤞

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/11/2021 at 7:52 AM, Shaily said:

Thanks for the response!

Do you have any idea, that they can come in USA on their visitor visa as their file still is in NVC?

Thanks,

Shaily,

IR5 Priority date for my parents is Aug 19, 2019. Documentarily Qualified (DQ) date for my parents is Sept 15, 2020. My mother was able to come to the US on an existing B2 visa for 5.5 months. No issues at the POE which was Newark, NJ.

Hope this helps! 

Edited by slider100

2 hours ago, slider100 said:

Shaily,

IR5 Priority date for my parents is Aug 19, 2019. Documentarily Qualified (DQ) date for my parents is Sept 15, 2020. My mother was able to come to the US on an existing B2 visa for 5.5 months. No issues at the POE which was Newark, NJ.

Hope this helps! 

Hello,

It really helps, thanks for sharing this info.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Timeline

While for my medical exam at Mohali hospital I met a lady whose IR5 visa interview was in April 2020 but got cancelled due to lockdown. Now she has her IR5 VISA interview scheduled for 9th April 2021. So there is a movement under this category.

Mine visa got expired due to inability to travel during last March. Now I have my visa reissue interview fixed for 8th April. Hope it moves smoothly.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, gsb1953 said:

While for my medical exam at Mohali hospital I met a lady whose IR5 visa interview was in April 2020 but got cancelled due to lockdown. Now she has her IR5 VISA interview scheduled for 9th April 2021. So there is a movement under this category.

Mine visa got expired due to inability to travel during last March. Now I have my visa reissue interview fixed for 8th April. Hope it moves smoothly.

Good news ! Atleast they have started IR-5 Interviews which were cancelled last year . 

After clearing old cases , they will call new IR-5 cases . 

Please let us know your interview experience in details in this forum . Please give details of questions asked in the interview and other observations / advices .

Best wishes .

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 3/11/2021 at 1:52 PM, Shaily said:

Thanks for the response!

Thanks,

Hi there, we are in the same situation with our IR5’s.
We received DQ in June 2020, so I’m not expecting to hear anything too soon especially when there are many people a few months ahead of us! 

We are in the U.K. and no idea what the waiting list is like at the London Embassy. It’s hard to get hold of any up to date wait times. 
The excitement of getting the email from NVC was short lived but at least we are somewhere in the system I guess 🤷🏻‍♀️. Like many other people we have not been able to see our daughter or grandson for well over a year, so fingers crossed they do some speedy processing🤞 😊

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Let me update. Last evening got an email from US consulate Mumbai that my appointment of April 8th has been cancelled due to reasons beyond their control.

I may fix my appointment on a new date. But when I tried scheduling it, it says " Currently no dates are available"

Tried many times but failed. Seems increasing covid cases are the reason. So have patience for a long wait.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am so glad I found this thread . IR5 submitted for my mothers. DQ qualified April 2020. No news from embassy yet. But glad to know they started scheduling them. So if they started scheduling interview for Nov 2019, Mumbai Embassy,  I am assuming probably begening of 2022 ours will be scheduled.  Good luck  everyone.

Edited by lkv214

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 4/8/2021 at 5:07 PM, Kmnm said:

Hello. I just got an email saying that the interview has been scheduled for mid may 2021. DQ was Nov 2019. Does anyone know how to book medical appointment in Delhi? for Max Center? 

Your interview did not get cancelled?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.