Gar9

IR-5 DQed cases Waiting for IV Interview Letter at Mumbai, INDIA

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

This topic is started to share the status and progress of IR-5 cases which have been DQed (Documentarily Qualified) and now waiting for getting the Interiew Letter from the NVC / Consulate . Notwithstanding the Ban on IR-5 till end of 2020 and hoping no further extension , all IR-5 applicants will be anxious to know their future .

Therefore , all IR-5 applicants may share their information on following points -  Priority Date , DQ date . Subsequently they may share progress of their respective case . They may also share their Interview Experiences . Such information will help all concerned members . Good Luck .

• 2 months later...
On 10/16/2020 at 8:42 AM, Gar9 said:

This topic is started to share the status and progress of IR-5 cases which have been DQed (Documentarily Qualified) and now waiting for getting the Interiew Letter from the NVC / Consulate . Notwithstanding the Ban on IR-5 till end of 2020 and hoping no further extension , all IR-5 applicants will be anxious to know their future .

Therefore , all IR-5 applicants may share their information on following points -  Priority Date , DQ date . Subsequently they may share progress of their respective case . They may also share their Interview Experiences . Such information will help all concerned members . Good Luck .

Hi, My name is Shaily. I got DQ on 09/15/2020 from NVC but did not receive visa interview date for IR-5 category yet. Can you someone please assist me the what would be the timeline? Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

I had filed for my parents almost 1.5 years ago, and their DQ was March 2020. The petition is still at NVC.

As you guys may be aware IR5 is on hold under Presidential EO till 2021 (there is BAN / hold no new visa will be issued). Other than this they are prioritizing IR1/CR1 for obvious reasons (spouse).

I guess we will just have to wait till when there is an update...

Timeline
On 12/28/2020 at 8:47 PM, Shaily said:

Hi, My name is Shaily. I got DQ on 09/15/2020 from NVC but did not receive visa interview date for IR-5 category yet. Can you someone please assist me the what would be the timeline? Thank you!

The Ban on IR-5 etc. is extended upto 31st Mar. 2021

Timeline
17 hours ago, gsb1953 said:

The news about ban on IR5 being extended is not authentic as presendential proclamation/ memomeorenda do not state on their webpage. Plz check it.

This is authentic that the Ban is extended upto 31st Mar. 2021.     https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspension-entry-immigrants-nonimmigrants-continue-present-risk-united-states-labor-market/?utm_source=twitter  

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 1/4/2021 at 10:55 PM, gsb1953 said:

yes U are right; ban is upto 31st march

There is no confusion about revoking Ban (PP.10014) on IR-5 . No Ban now .

President's revocation of the #ImmigrationBan is for immigrant visas-  Family, diversity & employment visas.

The order leaves the ban in place for non-immigrant visas (H1-Bs, Js, and Ls). 

Good Luck to all .

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Gar9 said:

There is no confusion about revoking Ban (PP.10014) on IR-5 . No Ban now .

President's revocation of the #ImmigrationBan is for immigrant visas-  Family, diversity & employment visas.

The order leaves the ban in place for non-immigrant visas (H1-Bs, Js, and Ls). 

Good Luck to all .

On 12/31/2020 at 12:01 PM, wisegeek said:

I had filed for my parents almost 1.5 years ago, and their DQ was March 2020. The petition is still at NVC.

As you guys may be aware IR5 is on hold under Presidential EO till 2021 (there is BAN / hold no new visa will be issued). Other than this they are prioritizing IR1/CR1 for obvious reasons (spouse).

I guess we will just have to wait till when there is an update...

Hi  - Is there any updates on interview visa call in NVC, as your parents DQ was in March 2020?

Timeline
21 hours ago, Shaily said:

Good Morning!!!

Is there any updates or anyone got interview call who had DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED email received for IR-5?

Any input would be appreciable. Thanks you! 🙂

No update so far . Let us hope to get some positive news next week . Good luck to all .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 3/2/2021 at 12:16 PM, Shaily said:

Hi  - Is there any updates on interview visa call in NVC, as your parents DQ was in March 2020?

Hello there

Nothing yet waiting patiently. My parents had DQ in 2020 March and their CEAC Visa status portal still shows the case file is AT NVC not at Mumbai consulate.

I expect it to move very slowly (realistically) because a whole bunch of IR5 cases that HAD confirmed March / April 2020 Interview dates etc were indefinitely postponed so since they are being processed chronologically, should expect those to finish first then we come.

What is your parents DQ month?

Thanks,

28 minutes ago, wisegeek said:

Hello there

Nothing yet waiting patiently. My parents had DQ in 2020 March and their CEAC Visa status portal still shows the case file is AT NVC not at Mumbai consulate.

I expect it to move very slowly (realistically) because a whole bunch of IR5 cases that HAD confirmed March / April 2020 Interview dates etc were indefinitely postponed so since they are being processed chronologically, should expect those to finish first then we come.

What is your parents DQ month?

Thanks,

Thanks for the response!

My parents' DQ was in September 2020.

Do you have any idea, that they can come in USA on their visitor visa as their file still is in NVC?

Thanks,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.