JohnHjohn

K3 visa denied please help!!

47 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Please help,

I filed k3 application to bring my wife from Vietnam to the US. My wife went to the interview at the embassy in Vietnam and was told to submit more documents. 2 months later,  they called my wife and I on the phone at the same time to do the interview. A week later my wife received  a denial letter saying they don't believe our relationship is real. I guess I answered one of the questions wrong because I misunderstood the question and I'm not that influenced in Vietnamese.  Now with a denial letter for k3, what should  I do now? Anyone been in my situation before? Please help me

20201005_220208.jpg

Edited by JohnHjohn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, JohnHjohn said:

Please help,

I filed k3 application to bring my wife from Vietnam to the US. My wife went to the interview at the embassy in Vietnam and was told to submit more documents. 2 months later,  they called my wife and I on the phone at the same time to do the interview. A week later my wife received  a denial letter saying they don't believe our relationship is real. I guess I answered one of the questions wrong because I misunderstood the question and I'm not that influenced in Vietnamese.  Now with a denial letter for k3, what should  I do now? Anyone been in my situation before? Please help me

20201005_220208.jpg

I truly doubt it was a k3 interview.  Which petition was returned?  I130 or I129F?  

YMMV

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You need to go see a qualified immigration lawyer to help you.  Since the US Consulate in HCMC does not believe your marriage is real, you are in a deep hole and you would benefit from professional help.

Are you sure that your wife attended a K-3 interview?  Those are extremely rare.  It's more likely that your wife attended an IR-1 interview.  

Timeline
20 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I truly doubt it was a k3 interview.  Which petition was returned?  I130 or I129F?  

I'm sorry, Its an interview after I filed for i130 application to petition my wife from Vietnam to the US.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

You need to go see a qualified immigration lawyer to help you.  Since the US Consulate in HCMC does not believe your marriage is real, you are in a deep hole and you would benefit from professional help.

Are you sure that your wife attended a K-3 interview?  Those are extremely rare.  It's more likely that your wife attended an IR-1 interview.  

Am I running out of hopes? Is there any chances for us to get  the visa? What needs to be done?

Timeline
Just now, JohnHjohn said:

Am I running out of hopes? Is there any chances for us to get  the visa? What needs to be done?

Go see a qualified immigration lawyer.  That is what needs to be done.  You are in a deep hole and you need professional help.

Timeline
Just now, aaron2020 said:

Go see a qualified immigration lawyer.  That is what needs to be done.  You are in a deep hole and you need professional help.

Does that means my wife still can get the visa with the help of an immigration lawyer? Do you know if anyone has resolved this issue after getting denied?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, JohnHjohn said:

I'm sorry, Its an interview after I filed for i130 application to petition my wife from Vietnam to the US.

Your wife had a IR-1 spousal visa interview.  

2 minutes ago, JohnHjohn said:

Does that means my wife still can get the visa with the help of an immigration lawyer? Do you know if anyone has resolved this issue after getting denied?

It's possible but it will be an uphill battle.  There are no guarantees of a visa even with help from a qualified lawyer.  

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline
7 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

We need immigration lawyer in the US or Vietnam? Do we still have another chance or no chance to get the visa after this denial?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JohnHjohn said:

We need immigration lawyer in the US or Vietnam? Do we still have another chance or no chance to get the visa after this denial?

Marc Ellis.  He knows HCMC very well

YMMV

If it is more important to be together than to "get the visa," why not go live there?  More time spent together in person, is always favorable for visa applications.

Just now, payxibka said:

Marc Ellis.  He knows HCMC very well

Someone on another thread said he has retired.....

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

If it is more important to be together than to "get the visa," why not go live there?  More time spent together in person, is always favorable for visa applications.

My life and future is in the US. I want to bring my wife here. I would love to know if anyone has been through the same situation like me with denial letter and then overcome it in the end.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

His website is still active,  for whatever that is worth 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.