sweethrtt

Interview Notice *confused*

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone. 

I got another interview notice. October 20... exactly two months to the date of our original interview on August 20.

the interview notice looks just like the first one without the USCIS letter head and instead of saying initial interview it just says interview.

see attached (marked out personal info).

I have no idea what to make of this. I am going to call them on Monday to confirm and of course re-prep all my docs for this second interview. 

A790791F-6A87-4F67-B296-23AC6DD7161D.jpeg

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, sweethrtt said:

Hi everyone. 

I got another interview notice. October 20... exactly two months to the date of our original interview on August 20.

the interview notice looks just like the first one without the USCIS letter head and instead of saying initial interview it just says interview.

I have no idea what to make of this. I am going to call them on Monday to confirm and of course re-prep all my docs for this second interview. 

Were you approved on the first interview? Did you receive the greencard?

Timeline
Just now, Ayrton said:

Were you approved on the first interview? Did you receive the greencard?

No I haven’t heard anything from them since that interview. My USCIS online still says Interview Scheduled with a date stamp of July 10, 2020 which was for my initial interview on August 20th. 

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Filed: Other Timeline

You don’t have to be confused. A friend of mine had similar situation for his AOS interview. This is actually a second interview which is going to be a stoke interview. Keep in mind the field offices now have Department of Homeland Security officers also conducting interviews for i485 since they’re short of regular USCIS officers. 

Edited by Congoman

20 hours ago, sweethrtt said:

Hi everyone. 

So did you in fact have an interview already?  If so, were there questions about the bona fides of the marriage?

It is atypical to have a second AOS interview.

I haven't seen one of those before but it does look somewhat like how G-35 "Call-in notice" used to look like, also very spartan in design.

Is it legitimate? Yeah, who in the world would prank you using a fake interview notice?

Now, considering that this is a second interview, prepare for a Stokes Interview, where they will separate you up and ask you questions about the most minute BS imaginable.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

So did you in fact have an interview already?  If so, were there questions about the bona fides of the marriage?

It is atypical to have a second AOS interview.

I had my first interview August 20. Just got this notice yesterday.

Oddly enough he didn’t ask a single thing about our marriage during the first interview. He didn’t ask my husband a single question.He asked me all the yes or no questions from the I-485 and then of course the details of why I was denied entry in 2011...  continued with 5-6 more of the yes or no questions..then he told us he would make a decision in a couple of days ... it was radio silence until this letter came in. 

We gave a massive amount of evidence: joint finances (banks, credit cards), joint bills (cell, electricity, insurance), Heath insurance, beneficiary to 401k and state retirement, we also gave him 100+ pictures of our big wedding, our civil ceremony, with family/friends, various vacations including honeymoon. We also added flight tickets, hotel itinerary’s with both our names and more. I kinda felt bad because the stack of paper I gave him was pretty big. 

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, sweethrtt said:

I had my first interview August 20. Just got this notice yesterday.

Oddly enough he didn’t ask a single thing about our marriage during the first interview. He didn’t ask my husband a single question.He asked me all the yes or no questions from the I-485 and then of course the details of why I was denied entry in 2011...  continued with 5-6 more of the yes or no questions..then he told us he would make a decision in a couple of days ... it was radio silence until this letter came in. 

We gave a massive amount of evidence: joint finances (banks, credit cards), joint bills (cell, electricity, insurance), Heath insurance, beneficiary to 401k and state retirement, we also gave him 100+ pictures of our big wedding, our civil ceremony, with family/friends, various vacations including honeymoon. We also added flight tickets, hotel itinerary’s with both our names and more. I kinda felt bad because the stack of paper I gave him was pretty big. 

Hi! I am so sorry to hear everything you are going through. If it helps a little bit, I’ve read of people going through the same situation for issues with previous visas, but they were just saying it was a general procedure in those particular cases. They got approved with no problems on the second one. I haven’t gone through the interview for AOS yet, but I had similar situations when processing some of my previous visas so I believe they have standard procedures that they are required to meet and that’s all. Try not to worry and stay positive 😊

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 10/4/2020 at 6:27 PM, Demise said:

I haven't seen one of those before but it does look somewhat like how G-35 "Call-in notice" used to look like, also very spartan in design.

Is it legitimate? Yeah, who in the world would prank you using a fake interview notice?

Now, considering that this is a second interview, prepare for a Stokes Interview, where they will separate you up and ask you questions about the most minute BS imaginable.

My new notice looks exactly like this and it’s my first interview (it’s a reschedule since first was canceled due to covid), so the spartan in design thing must be their new theme for everything lol.  But definitely agree to prepare well just in case since this is your second interview.

Edited by DarkSilver

• 5 months later...

Hello, 

I didn't see the update to your concern, after receiving this letter, was it actually a stokes interview or something else?

received the same letter, no bar code, no letter head, already had the initial interview, now this notice says "Request for Applicant to appear at initial interview" however already completed initial interview March 11th, 2021

Edited by Can.Vis

On 4/5/2021 at 2:01 PM, Can.Vis said:

Hello, 

I didn't see the update to your concern, after receiving this letter, was it actually a stokes interview or something else?

received the same letter, no bar code, no letter head, already had the initial interview, now this notice says "Request for Applicant to appear at initial interview" however already completed initial interview March 11th, 2021

It seems that OP already got her GC. Not sure though if she did stokes interview or not. 

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.