Sarge2155

October 2020 - AOS Filers

257 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, CMT said:

Thank you! I'm going to be putting every from in a different envelope with its supporting documents. Did you put the I-994 with supporting documents in a separate envelope or with the I-485?

I did not submit i944, but anticipate an RFE for it. I would separate each i-form, though. You don’t need to put each i-form in a different envelope - use paper clips. It’s extra work for them to open every envelope. You really want to make their lives easier. 

9/14/20 — marriage AOS sent with USPS

9/21/20 — package received and signed for

10/4/20 — personal checks taken out

10/6/20 — received 4 texts application received with receipt # (i130/i485/i765/i131)

10/14/20 — received 4 NOA in mail

12/21/20 — received email notification for RFE for i-944

1/19/21 — called USCIS, biometrics scheduled + notice sent out on 1/15

1/23/21 — received biometrics letter in mail 

1/24/21 — sent i-944 RFE via UPS w/ signature confirmation

1/28/21 —  RFE received and USCIS continued to work on case

2/9/21 — biometrics taken 

2/19/21 — new card being produced (I-765).... case ready to be scheduled for interview (I-485)

2/22/21  AP+EAD changed to "case was approved".... I-485 changed to interview was scheduled 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just sent out my AOS package via USPS and it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Joining the game and good luck to the October filers 🤗🤗🤞🤞🤞

3 hours ago, CityCat917 said:

I did not submit i944, but anticipate an RFE for it. I would separate each i-form, though. You don’t need to put each i-form in a different envelope - use paper clips. It’s extra work for them to open every envelope. You really want to make their lives easier. 

Correct do not use separate envelopes, use binder clips or large paper clips to hold each form with it's  cover letter and supporting  documents. Then band the whole thing together with large rubber bands to hold it together then send it off via USPS UPS or FEDEX.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

11 hours ago, CMT said:

Thank you! I'm going to be putting every from in a different envelope with its supporting documents. Did you put the I-994 with supporting documents in a separate envelope or with the I-485?

I put all my forms in same envelope  and separated the forms  with paper clips and marked pages with small sticky notes at bottom  of page for each form so it was easy to look through 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 10/9/2020 at 2:37 PM, CityCat917 said:

Yes, each iform should get its own g1145. 

Also a September filer here. Just wanted to say we used 1 G-1145 and still got three text notifications for the 3 applications (485, 765, 131).

I'll share my dates too.

Sent package: 9/29

Signed for at USCIS: 9/30

Checks cashed: 10/13

NOA texts: 10/14

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

thank you all for the input! I'll keep it all in one envelope

Also, @Sarge2155, got my SSN appointment for Monday! hoping everything will go well!

3 hours ago, CMT said:

thank you all for the input! I'll keep it all in one envelope

Also, @Sarge2155, got my SSN appointment for Monday! hoping everything will go well!

Ahhhh me too, I hope all will go well. You are ready to rock!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline

The SSO told me I should get my SSN in 3-4 weeks and that DHS might call me (I guess that's normal?). So that's good.

And today I sent my AOS through the mail!! 

We couldn't get older tax transcripts because my husband was having trouble accessing the IRS website. We ordered it a couple times and have not received anything so we only sent 2019's. Hoping it will be fine 🤞

6 hours ago, CMT said:

The SSO told me I should get my SSN in 3-4 weeks and that DHS might call me (I guess that's normal?). So that's good.

And today I sent my AOS through the mail!! 

We couldn't get older tax transcripts because my husband was having trouble accessing the IRS website. We ordered it a couple times and have not received anything so we only sent 2019's. Hoping it will be fine 🤞

I printed my own off  there website they have an online tool

Timeline
5 hours ago, Keeb said:

I printed my own off  there website they have an online tool

I’m aware, as I said, we were having trouble and had to order by mail and still didn’t get them

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

man...it's almost a month since I sent in the package and no text, check hasn't been cashed...

I know things must be backed up at USCIS but I'm a little concerned.

Hopefully I hear something back soon! 😩

How's everyone else doing that sent in the package early this month? anything for you guys yet?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, :Sarah: said:

man...it's almost a month since I sent in the package and no text, check hasn't been cashed...

I know things must be backed up at USCIS but I'm a little concerned.

Hopefully I hear something back soon! 😩

How's everyone else doing that sent in the package early this month? anything for you guys yet?

Sent mine on September 30th, received on October 2nd and my checks still haven't been cashed either.... Hoping this week!

Under H1B valid until September 2022.

Marriage based AOS Timeline:

1. 9/30/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox using USPS
  2. 10/2/2020 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 10/26/2020 - Application rejected for outdated I-485 form
  4. 10/27/2020 - Application re-sent to USCIS lockbox using Fedex
  5. 11/19/2020 - Checks cashed (+ got my receipt numbers through online chat the following day)
  6. 11/29/2020 - Received 4 text messages from USCIS with the 4 receipt numbers.
  7. 12/03/2020 - Received 4 NOAs in the mail.
  8. 05/17/2021 - Biometrics appointment
  9. 05/20/2021 - "Case ready to be scheduled for an interview"
  10. 07/26/2021 - Case approved for my I-765 and I-131
  11. 09/01/2021 - Interview in San Antonio + "New Card Is Being Produced" status right away
  12. 09/02/2021 - "Case Is Approved" 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.