badwolfxi

Case transferred to vsc for possible suspected awa related case? [merged threads]

59 posts in this topic

I am in this situation right now. The attorney I was using was not experienced in awa and my wife and I was denied. There were even a couple of things said to be contradicting in their letter. Now we are searching for a awa lawyer that get us out of this situation. Does any one know a particular law firm that has had success with this kind of case? My wife and I have 2 baby girls and cannot break up this way. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
2 hours ago, Aquino Burns said:

I am in this situation right now. The attorney I was using was not experienced in awa and my wife and I was denied. There were even a couple of things said to be contradicting in their letter. Now we are searching for a awa lawyer that get us out of this situation. Does any one know a particular law firm that has had success with this kind of case? My wife and I have 2 baby girls and cannot break up this way. 

You should read through this whole thread.

• 6 months later...
Timeline

Quick update, finally after 7 months the case status has been updated once again since it was transferred to Vermont. It now says, "Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It".

I got in touch with my lawyer, who had sent the USCIS a legal memorandum that details my situation does not apply to the AWA guidelines. Lawyer says this is good news and that the USCIS has received the legal memorandum along with the G-28 form.

My assumption is that the case Update means that someone at the service center has finally got around to looking at our case, which if true, is fantastic news. Hoping for some even better news soon.

19 minutes ago, badwolfxi said:

Quick update, finally after 7 months the case status has been updated once again since it was transferred to Vermont. It now says, "Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It".

I got in touch with my lawyer, who had sent the USCIS a legal memorandum that details my situation does not apply to the AWA guidelines. Lawyer says this is good news and that the USCIS has received the legal memorandum along with the G-28 form.

My assumption is that the case Update means that someone at the service center has finally got around to looking at our case, which if true, is fantastic news. Hoping for some even better news soon.

Keep us updated, if you'd like.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 4/24/2021 at 12:44 AM, badwolfxi said:

It's a start,  hopefully you willnrecieve better news soon.  

• 7 months later...
Timeline

A small update here,

I have made 2 requests this year for "case outside processing times", first one was in July and their response was that they were waiting on background checks. I just made another request a few days ago and the response this time was just that it requires additional review before making a decision and that they cannot say how long it will take.

So on the bright side it has moved forward from the background check phase, but of course we won't know how long it's going to take for them to adjudicate the case. Additionally on the bright side I was able to finally visit my fiancee for three weeks after almost two years of not being able to because of covid, and I have another trip planned for April, which I hope is not disrupted because of omicron.

Edited by badwolfxi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thanks for the update.  Great that you could visit.  Good luck.  Keep us posted.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 3 months later...
Timeline

I have an actual update, today I received a letter in the mail from USCIS calling me in to a local office for bio-metrics in mid-april. There wasn't anything posted about it on the case status on the website though. This came a few weeks after I once again made a request for "case outside of normal processing times" earlier this month. I wonder if me doing that is basically pushing them to move along, basically like a "bump". Anyway, I hope this is a good sign. I'm actually going to go visit my fiancee again soon on April 24 so good thing this appointment is before that.

Timeline

That's good news.  The website has improved over the years but may still lag.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
10 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

That's good news.  The website has improved over the years but may still lag.

Yeah It seems so, basically after the biometrics it may take until the end of the year for another response, which may either be an approval or a NOID depending on whether they can determine with absolute certainty that this is not AWA. I was looking at a comment from a while back on this thread that is very similar to my timeline now. Her husband got the bio appt in April, the following December they got the NOID, but after providing all documents they were eventually approved. Of course I don't expect my case to go exactly like that, as all cases are different. But this just tells me that after the biometrics, next time we hear back is going to be the major decision.

Timeline

Keep the faith.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
6 hours ago, badwolfxi said:

I have an actual update, today I received a letter in the mail from USCIS calling me in to a local office for bio-metrics in mid-april. There wasn't anything posted about it on the case status on the website though. This came a few weeks after I once again made a request for "case outside of normal processing times" earlier this month. I wonder if me doing that is basically pushing them to move along, basically like a "bump". Anyway, I hope this is a good sign. I'm actually going to go visit my fiancee again soon on April 24 so good thing this appointment is before that.

A few of us with cases transferred to Vermont have within the last month received the same biometrics appointment letter.  It's definitely a step to an answer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 3/25/2022 at 2:20 PM, badwolfxi said:

Yeah It seems so, basically after the biometrics it may take until the end of the year for another response, which may either be an approval or a NOID depending on whether they can determine with absolute certainty that this is not AWA. I was looking at a comment from a while back on this thread that is very similar to my timeline now. Her husband got the bio appt in April, the following December they got the NOID, but after providing all documents they were eventually approved. Of course I don't expect my case to go exactly like that, as all cases are different. But this just tells me that after the biometrics, next time we hear back is going to be the major decision.

Can you recall if his case is AWA? Was their case approved after providing documents? What did the docs indicate?

sincerely

Timeline
8 hours ago, Genesisfan said:

Can you recall if his case is AWA? Was their case approved after providing documents? What did the docs indicate?

sincerely

I was referring to this comment on this thread

\/\/\/\/\/

On 8/13/2020 at 10:19 PM, Sandyl said:

Our case was transferred to Vermont. My husband had something when he was a juvenile and its completely gone now. We filed without an attorney and we filed in 2016. Shortly after it got transferred to Vermont and we didn't hear anything until April of 2018, my husband had to go in for biometrics due to that. He went and in December 2018 we got an Intent to Deny because it was unclear if it was AWA. We had to provide them with all of the documents, documents from family saying there is no risk and such. We went to the KBI to get his record, he took finger prints and it came back as this person has NO criminal record. In July of 2019 we finally heard it was approved but I think ours was different because he was not under AWA and it doesn't show up anymore when asking for records. He was also a juvenile so "lucky" in that way.
For us, there was nothing because we simply didn't file the right forms/ right explanation or anything, we just added the forms from his PO and not even all of them. But I would highly suggest in your case to do this with an attorney. It's expensive but we waited about 3 years for my K1 to get approved.

If you are really AWA its probably going to be a long and expensive process. 

As @Villanelle said, she needs to know everything. I had to tell exactly what did happen at my K1 interview. I knew everything and read everything since I was visiting during the Intent to Deny but they will ask.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.