SeanDowney0309

I-131 expedite request approved today, how long until I receive the travel card

12 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

I applied to expedite my I-131 application September 18th due to my step mothers passing. Today, my request updated to say Approved. Can anyone tell me roughly how long it will be until I receive my travel card? My step mothers funeral is October 14th. I asked on the USCIS live chat & they told me 15-30 days, I am sure I've read on here before of people receiving the travel card within a week of being approved. 

Also, when I receive my I-765 card, I assume it won't be a combo card as I've successfully expedited my I-131?

Many thanks 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, SeanDowney0309 said:

Hi all, 

I applied to expedite my I-131 application September 18th due to my step mothers passing. Today, my request updated to say Approved. Can anyone tell me roughly how long it will be until I receive my travel card? My step mothers funeral is October 14th. I asked on the USCIS live chat & they told me 15-30 days, I am sure I've read on here before of people receiving the travel card within a week of being approved. 

Also, when I receive my I-765 card, I assume it won't be a combo card as I've successfully expedited my I-131?

Many thanks 

it could be the letter size paper form with your photo on it. Maybe two of those. 

30 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

it could be the letter size paper form with your photo on it. Maybe two of those. 

My I-765 case status literally just updated to say "My New Card Is Being Produced". I didn't apply to expedite my I-765, only the I-131. Hopefully this means they will be sending me a combo card.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, SeanDowney0309 said:

My I-765 case status literally just updated to say "My New Card Is Being Produced". I didn't apply to expedite my I-765, only the I-131. Hopefully this means they will be sending me a combo card.

Did you have biometrics already? If they expedited the combo card, and you didn't have biometrics, there's a high chance you won't receive the card until you do biometrics.

I believe you should've done an emergency AP, where you get an infopass appointment at your local office, and they issue the emergency AP for you right away.

Edited by Ayrton

16 hours ago, Ayrton said:

Did you have biometrics already? If they expedited the combo card, and you didn't have biometrics, there's a high chance you won't receive the card until you do biometrics.

I believe you should've done an emergency AP, where you get an infopass appointment at your local office, and they issue the emergency AP for you right away.

Yes I had my biometrics on September 1st. 

Oh wow, I didn't know that. I only expedited my I-131. How long do you think it will be from "Expedite request Approved" to me receiving the card? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
58 minutes ago, SeanDowney0309 said:

Yes I had my biometrics on September 1st. 

Oh wow, I didn't know that. I only expedited my I-131. How long do you think it will be from "Expedite request Approved" to me receiving the card? 

It's taking about 2-3 weeks to receive after approved.

2 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

It's taking about 2-3 weeks to receive after approved.

Oh jeez. It updated again today to "My Case was Approved". I really hope it comes sooner, my step mothers funeral is October 14th. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Good luck, I hope you get it the soonest as possible. Let us know if you get the combo card or not.

Sorry for your lost.

25 minutes ago, Anthony446 said:

you should receive it by end of next week

Oh really, I hope so. I am going to schedule an appointment to get an emergency travel document at my local office just to be safe

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, HarryHerc said:

Hi There! Could you please advise if you got ead/ap combo card back in 2019 or just the ap letter?

My husband I got Combo card. never heard of ap letter.

Edited by Caitlin Kennedy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.