18 posts in this topic

Hello guys!! Quick question, I had my interview today and I was given a 221(g) form and the consular officer has ticked on “further consideration will be given to your visa application after we receive the items checked below” so he has checked financial documents and evidence of relationship. And I submitted them just now. Is this a bad sign? They kept my passport and original birth certificate and marriage certificate and the translations. What could happen next? At the interview the consular officer didn’t even wanna look at the evidence I brought there. If I’m getting the visa will I have to be interviewed again? Any possible red flags about my experience today?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

After review of the documents you sent, the Consulate Officer will likely issue your visa....assuming you sent proper documents.  Just watch the CEAC status.  It should change to "Issued".  The fact that they kept your passport is a good sign.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, Lucky Cat said:

After review of the documents you sent, the Consulate Officer will likely issue your visa....assuming you sent proper documents.  Just watch the CEAC status.  It should change to "Issued".  The fact that they kept your passport is a good sign.

Hi thank you for your reply! How long will this take? Our marriage is a straightforward one, no prior marriages. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, L&U said:

Hi thank you for your reply! How long will this take? Our marriage is a straightforward one, no prior marriages. 

There is no way to know.  All cases go through administrative processing.  It could be a few hours, days, weeks, or months.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

10 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

There is no way to know.  All cases go through administrative processing.  It could be a few hours, days, weeks, or months.  

I see. Will there be another interview?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, L&U said:

I see. Will there be another interview?

Not likely.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Louis61404 said:

Is this administrative processing different than "approved" after an interview?  

Administrative Processing is done for all cases. Visas are actually approved after the interview is done and after all administrative processing is completed.  The real indication of visa approval is when the status is changed to "Issued".  Although not very common, there have been cases denied or sent back to USCIS after the CO verbally indicated "approval" during the interview.  It is more common for a case to be placed into extended administrative processing after the CO recommends approval.  This is especially true for certain countries (Pakistan is a very, very common example). 

On 9/10/2020 at 7:07 PM, Lucky Cat said:

Administrative Processing is done for all cases. Visas are actually approved after the interview is done and after all administrative processing is completed.  The real indication of visa approval is when the status is changed to "Issued".  Although not very common, there have been cases denied or sent back to USCIS after the CO verbally indicated "approval" during the interview.  It is more common for a case to be placed into extended administrative processing after the CO recommends approval.  This is especially true for certain countries (Pakistan is a very, very common example). 

A little update guys. My case was last updated yesterday. Exactly 7 days after submission of the requested documents/interview. What does this mean? Is this a good sign? How many times is it being updated before it shows issued?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
12 hours ago, L&U said:

A little update guys. My case was last updated yesterday. Exactly 7 days after submission of the requested documents/interview. What does this mean? Is this a good sign? How many times is it being updated before it shows issued?

My case was almost like your, I didn’t get my visa at time of interview , they kept my passport and same documents till today i am waiting for them to get back to me 😞 my interview was on 18 November 2019 , and my case was updated over and over again but no results till today, even the pictures they wanted to see are accepted at Ceac portal but still i heard nothing back 😞 

1 minute ago, Rab12 said:

My case was almost like your, I didn’t get my visa at time of interview , they kept my passport and same documents till today i am waiting for them to get back to me 😞 my interview was on 18 November 2019 , and my case was updated over and over again but no results till today, even the pictures they wanted to see are accepted at Ceac portal but still i heard nothing back 😞 

Can you upload pictures to the CEAC website? I thought only the civil documents and financial documents were supposed to upload on that? Well I’ve heard due to inability of tracking crimes in Pakistan, they put immigrant visa applicants on hold for an extended period of time. Contact the embassy and keep it moving since It’s almost a year now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, L&U said:

Can you upload pictures to the CEAC website? I thought only the civil documents and financial documents were supposed to upload on that? Well I’ve heard due to inability of tracking crimes in Pakistan, they put immigrant visa applicants on hold for an extended period of time. Contact the embassy and keep it moving since It’s almost a year now.

I did alot of times and all time they just reply same thing, that its in admin processing and not issuing routine immigrants or non immigrant visas bc of covid so expect delay, and yes we can upload their as i was asked to uplooad pics their so i uploaded it there under additional documents heading.

Edited by Rab12

8 minutes ago, Rab12 said:

I did alot of times and all time they just reply same thing, that its in admin processing and not issuing routine immigrants or non immigrant visas bc of covid so expect delay, and yes we can upload their as i was asked to uplooad pics their so i uploaded it there under additional documents heading.

It looks like U.S. Embassies in Pk are closed at the moment due to Covid. There’s nothing you can do other than waiting. Cannot predict anything at a time like this. I wish you good luck. 

• 8 months later...
8 hours ago, Maya fahad said:

Did get the visa 

Yes. Received visa in last December. Already started working in February.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.