shelbymarie02

Case received 5 months ago, still no biometrics appointment?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello everyone.

I am in a kind of panicky mood this morning. We have been patiently waiting for the notice to come in the mail with our biometrics appointment. We filed for I-485 and it was received by USCIS on April 11th, 2020. Since then, when checking our case status it has just said fingerprint fee received. I was told that we would receive a letter from USCIS in the mail with details about the biometrics appointment. Well, it has been 5 months and no notice. I am getting kinda nervous that maybe it was lost in the mail or something. Is anyone else experiencing this? I know that they were shut down for a bit due to COVID, however, they have been open back up since June. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

We are in the same boat.  No update since fingerprint fee was received.  We filed April 17th and received our NOA April 19th.  We have an MSC case number and every time we have called they just blame Covid for the delay.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/27/2020 at 11:47 PM, PTRF said:

We are in the same boat.  No update since fingerprint fee was received.  We filed April 17th and received our NOA April 19th.  We have an MSC case number and every time we have called they just blame Covid for the delay.

Hi just checking in if you have any updates? We still have not heard anything new. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, shelbymarie02 said:

Hi just checking in if you have any updates? We still have not heard anything new. 

Still no updates.  My husband is falling a victim to depression because of it.  He feels so lost here and feels punished for the long process. 😔

Timeline
Just now, PTRF said:

Still no updates.  My husband is falling a victim to depression because of it.  He feels so lost here and feels punished for the long process. 😔

Mine too! We were hoping to at least have the EAD by now... There’s people who filed after us who are receiving their EAD and biometrics so I don’t understand what’s going on..

On 9/9/2020 at 10:25 AM, shelbymarie02 said:

Hello everyone.

I am in a kind of panicky mood this morning. We have been patiently waiting for the notice to come in the mail with our biometrics appointment. We filed for I-485 and it was received by USCIS on April 11th, 2020. Since then, when checking our case status it has just said fingerprint fee received. I was told that we would receive a letter from USCIS in the mail with details about the biometrics appointment. Well, it has been 5 months and no notice. I am getting kinda nervous that maybe it was lost in the mail or something. Is anyone else experiencing this? I know that they were shut down for a bit due to COVID, however, they have been open back up since June. 

In the same boat. My PD is 13 April and haven’t received the bio notice. Tier 1 officer refused to transfer to Tier 2 officer and told me to wait 90 days since the opening of Asc. I would say just wait 90 days and see what other excuse they bring up. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, eddie90 said:

In the same boat. My PD is 13 April and haven’t received the bio notice. Tier 1 officer refused to transfer to Tier 2 officer and told me to wait 90 days since the opening of Asc. I would say just wait 90 days and see what other excuse they bring up. 

When is the 90 days up? I’ve been debating on giving them a call but I am sure they will just say they are backed up due to COVID.

3 minutes ago, shelbymarie02 said:

When is the 90 days up? I’ve been debating on giving them a call but I am sure they will just say they are backed up due to COVID.

90 days since the opening of Uscis ASC of ur location. My location has started on 13 July, so my 90 days are going to be completed by tomorrow, and then put up a service request which has a time frame of 30 days.

Timeline
1 minute ago, eddie90 said:

90 days since the opening of Uscis ASC of ur location. My location has started on 13 July, so my 90 days are going to be completed by tomorrow, and then put up a service request which has a time frame of 30 days.

Ah gotcha. Where do I file this service request? On their website? I’m not even sure which ASC location I have 

1 hour ago, shelbymarie02 said:

Ah gotcha. Where do I file this service request? On their website? I’m not even sure which ASC location I have 

You can file online but it's better to file by calling uscis helpline. You can also try to reach tier 2 officer since few ppl got success in scheduling their biometrics by talking to tier 2 officer.  

Timeline
7 minutes ago, eddie90 said:

You can file online but it's better to file by calling uscis helpline. You can also try to reach tier 2 officer since few ppl got success in scheduling their biometrics by talking to tier 2 officer.  

I have not heard of doing this. How do I reach the tier 2 officer? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, eddie90 said:

Well i think it’s quite tricky I guess. I have tried it few days ago, and the tier 1 officer refused to transfer to tier 2 officer. 

Do you just ask to speak to tier 2 officer over the phone?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.