2,966 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, MariFD said:

Hey family,

I have my i485 interview already in 3 weeks. I need to take medical but nobody in my area has any appointments for me to do the physical.Β 

Β Β 

I need to know how can I cancel my i485 ?Β 

Thank youΒ 

Β 

I agree with reply above and you need to keep calling doctors all around your area, but you shouldn't give up! In extremely worst case scenario you can go to LA for example or any other big city where you can find appointment for the next day, stay 2-3 more days and get your medicals and go back, you have plenty of time and options

16 hours ago, Boris Britva said:

Update: got interview notice today for beginning of November. Courtesy letter July 2020. I-360 approved January 2020. LA field office, California.

Congratulations! Can you share your timeline?Β 
Thanks.Β 

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Islanderk said:

Good morning everyone.. so my daughter and I just got done with our interview and I was handedΒ  a paper saying that I've just completed my interview.. and uscis is unable to complete my case at this Time. My case is being continued until a final decision has been made.. and the reason for continuance she selected the first box that says . Your case is being held for further review. They don't require anymore information or document and I'll receive a notice in the mail if they do and that they may schedule me for another interview otherwise a final decision will be mailed to me once my case is complete.. I tried sending a picture but it's not allowing me to upload it..Β 

I have no idea what that means.. so I'm her in the parking lot updating you guys cause I'm nerves as always

Probably it's a new officer who feels the need to check with the supervisor before card production.Β 

Β 

Maybe it's his first time to interview a parent and child for VAWA 485. Stay positive! Wait for card production update!

Β 

7 minutes ago, Restez Forts said:

Probably it's a new officer who feels the need to check with the supervisor before card production.Β 

Β 

Maybe it's his first time to interview a parent and child for VAWA 485. Stay positive! Wait for card production update!

Β 

Might be..I've seen cases where they got approval update few days after being held for review..have also seen those who waited months! Whatever it is, approval is waiting at the end!πŸ‘Β 

19 hours ago, Demise said:

Honestly, instructions say to send them in, but USCIS will just use photos from your biometrics for the EAD or Green Card.

Β 

Only time I've seen an RFE for pictures was in a case for a 11 year old kid, kids under 14 are exempt from needing to take biometrics.

Hi @Demise 😊 can I take this information Β as β€œI don’t need to bring 2 passport style pictures to my AOSΒ interview β€œ??

Β 

Β 

Edited by GreenB

25 minutes ago, GreenB said:

Hi @Demise 😊 can I take this information Β as β€œI don’t need to bring 2 passport style pictures to my AOSΒ interview β€œ??

Β 

Β 

Pretty much. Also I never heard of anyone being asked to bring passport pictures to the interview.

If you get a courtesy letter or an RFE demanding them, then yeah, do bring them in, but otherwise don't bother.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Good morningΒ 

Please help me my lawyer is not helpful at all. I filed i130 and i485 but absued and wife did not go with me to interview. My lawyer went with me to interview to reschedule my interview, and I filed Vawa i360. My new interview day, my lawyer went with me again to hold i485 in abeyance. My i130Β was denied but I'm scared. He told me to not worry because i filed i360. Now my i360 is approved and I have pending i485. He said I should send letter to uscis to transfer my i485 to local office in NJ. I don't know how to do that. Help please! What should I do? What should letter say? And what documentΒ should I send with letter?

7 minutes ago, Demise said:

Pretty much. Also I never heard of anyone being asked to bring passport pictures to the interview.

If you get a courtesy letter or an RFE demanding them, then yeah, do bring them in, but otherwise don't bother.

Thank you. I couldn’t sleep last night and woke up like 5am. My interview is tomorrow. Sooo much hoping for an easy one. πŸ™„

Filed: Timeline
42 minutes ago, Drugastern said:

Good morningΒ 

Please help me my lawyer is not helpful at all. I filed i130 and i485 but absued and wife did not go with me to interview. My lawyer went with me to interview to reschedule my interview, and I filed Vawa i360. My new interview day, my lawyer went with me again to hold i485 in abeyance. My i130Β was denied but I'm scared. He told me to not worry because i filed i360. Now my i360 is approved and I have pending i485. He said I should send letter to uscis to transfer my i485 to local office in NJ. I don't know how to do that. Help please! What should I do? What should letter say? And what documentΒ should I send with letter?

Seems like there is major miscommunication between you and your lawyer.

Β 

If your 485 was held in abeyance, you don't have to do anything. You just wait. They will transfer your 485 to local office when they are ready.

Β 

Stillwinning and some other members know more about this. They will give more information.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Update: Scheduled an Infopass appointment and went to speak to the officer today about my case going to NY (after NBC)Β instead of Houston. He said he requested a transfer and Houston should have it in a couple of weeks. He was also able to update my address on file, since apparently a couple of AR11s I sent around 4-6Β weeks ago didn't do the job. He also said that "they are trying to get rig of the old cases faster", so since my filing date was December 2017 I should be getting an interview soon. So apparently the filing date does matter as well :)Β Fingers crossed now, will be checking my mailbox twice a day lol

52 minutes ago, Drugastern said:

Good morningΒ 

There won't be any transfer until your i-360 is approved! Your i-485 is currently being held according to your narrative above, nothing will be done on it until the vawa petition is adjudicated. You have absolutely nothing to worry about..even though the I-130 is denied..the moment the i-485 is linked to i-360, it becomes a self petition..you no longer have to depend on your abuser!πŸ‘

29 minutes ago, Restez Forts said:

Seems like there is major miscommunication between you and your lawyer.

Β 

If your 485 was held in abeyance, you don't have to do anything. You just wait. They will transfer your 485 to local office when they are ready.

Β 

Stillwinning and some other members know more about this. They will give more information.

Thank you

20 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

There won't be any transfer until your i-360 is approved! Your i-485 is currently being held according to your narrative above, nothing will be done on it until the vawa petition is adjudicated. You have absolutely nothing to worry about..even though the I-130 is denied..the moment the i-485 is linked to i-360, it becomes a self petition..you no longer have to depend on your abuser!πŸ‘

Thank you madam. My i360 already approved Sept 24 2020. Now that is approved, what should I do next?

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.